Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Metalcloak's customer service is top notch! I ordered their HD steering and a full set of CA's from them on my last Gladiator and bump stop replacements on my Diesel gladiator and they reach out like this every time. They also sent me 2 free dust boots after I tore them on my drag link. They literally sent me a post card to remind me to review their stuff! I gladly gave them 5 stars!!
Sponsored

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
@Metalcloak Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement Bracket

Installed successfully but had to deviate slightly from MetalCloak's instructions.

For 2021 JTs, there is a bracket on both sides and what looks to be heat shield šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø on the driver side. The heat shield you have to toss, there is no room for it. You have to sandwich the reinforcement bracket between the frame rail and the OEM bracket. Also the bolt and washers that come with the bracket are not needed for 2021 JTs or at least I didnā€™t use them.

Hope this makes sense.

Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement & Repair Bracket Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 12.29.04 PM

Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement & Repair Bracket Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 11.06.52 AM

Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement & Repair Bracket IMG_1638.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement & Repair Bracket IMG_1651.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement & Repair Bracket IMG_1650.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement & Repair Bracket IMG_1652.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement & Repair Bracket IMG_1653.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement & Repair Bracket IMG_1654.JPG

Last edited:

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer

Installed successfully but had to deviate slightly from MetalCloak's instructions.

For 2021 JTs, there is a bracket on both sides and what looks to be heat shield šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø on the driver side. The heat shield you have to toss, there is no room for it. You have to sandwich the reinforcement bracket between the frame rail and the OEM bracket. Also the bolt and washers that come with the bracket are not needed for 2021 JTs or at least I didnā€™t use them.

Hope this makes sense.

Do you know what the bracket that was removed was supposed to do?

Sponsored

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer

Hope this makes sense.

Just finished this install. My mojave did not have anything that needed to be removed. Took the 2 bolts out and top of link, slid in the bracket and buttoned everything back up. Very easy install.

Oneshotlucky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Gladiator
Occupation
Ops Manager

Hope this makes sense.

Got mine on without issue but I ended up using the OEM bolts? The ones that came with the kit were the wrong thread. The OEM bolt just barely comes out the other side? Will this be a problem??

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Got mine on without issue but I ended up using the OEM bolts? The ones that came with the kit were the wrong thread. The OEM bolt just barely comes out the other side? Will this be a problem??
I did the same thing.

XraytecH

First Name
Bernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Xraytech
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
I just finished the Rubicon with the metalcloak end link reinforcement plate and the longer OEM bolt. The Rubicon is 3 days of big boulders, so, of course, I bent my rear end links again. the Metalcloak plate did it's job. The frame connections did not bend at all. Only the endlink shaft rods bent, and in addition, I have a new bends in the sway bar tabs. To bend the sway bar tabs back, I took off the sway bar, and pounded them straight on a piece of wood with a copper hammer. It is a new thing to deal with, but, I would rather deal with the sway bar tabs than the end links connection at the frame bending. Here are some pics:

sxgiGR.jpg

Bent sway bar tab
Hc8DhJ.jpg

WOzMUK.jpg

Straightened sway bar tab
cQlxkW.jpg

UaYXXM.jpg

All fixed, good to go again.
tBDH4D.jpg

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine is on its way. My rear OE setup is getting questionable after a lot of heavy wheeling. I may buy spare rear links as well, for trail repairs.

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
Just adding some notes from installing these on my new 2022 JTRD. The heat shield piece is on the passenger side, not driver, because everything diesel is opposite.

My May 2022 build has the too-short M12 x 1.5 x 56mm bolts (grade 10.9). I found M12 x 1.5 x 70mm(grade 8.8) with an unthreaded shank at my local ACE. 70mm certainly has enough thread to put a nylock nut on the backside if you want (I didnā€™t bother), but DO NOT go longer as you will bottom out the threads on the unthreaded shank, not on the endlink sleeve. If youā€™re not going to put a nut on the back, 60mm works too. I checked very carefully, and the 70mm is fine but you canā€™t go longer.

Correct torque on the big endlink bolt is 60 ft-lbs. Ordinarily Iā€™d be very cautious about downgrading suspension bolts from 10.9 to 8.8. For instance 90 ft-lbs on a M12 x 1.5 grade 10.9 is OK, but would already be on the edge of deformation on an 8.8 if Iā€™m reading the charts right. But given the relatively low torque, and less-critical safety hazard here, I think itā€™s fine. The links will also bend long before you break this bolt. But the proper course of action is to get the longer grade 10.9 bolt from Jeep.

The stock endlink bolt has an 18mm hex head, the 8.8 has a 19mm head. I think thatā€™s all.

Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement & Repair Bracket F87DBC41-FC61-4A9E-B1F5-3EB4F9D06BFD

Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement & Repair Bracket 2C5CC56C-4F4B-4FA6-A8E5-1240CEC263F9

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Just adding some notes from installing these on my new 2022 JTRD. The heat shield piece is on the passenger side, not driver, because everything diesel is opposite.

My May 2022 build has the too-short M12 x 1.5 x 56mm bolts (grade 10.9). I found M12 x 1.5 x 70mm(grade 8.8) with an unthreaded shank at my local ACE. 70mm certainly has enough thread to put a nylock nut on the backside if you want (I didnā€™t bother), but DO NOT go longer as you will bottom out the threads on the unthreaded shank, not on the endlink sleeve. If youā€™re not going to put a nut on the back, 60mm works too. I checked very carefully, and the 70mm is fine but you canā€™t go longer.

Correct torque on the big endlink bolt is 60 ft-lbs. Ordinarily Iā€™d be very cautious about downgrading suspension bolts from 10.9 to 8.8. For instance 90 ft-lbs on a M12 x 1.5 grade 10.9 is OK, but would already be on the edge of deformation on an 8.8 if Iā€™m reading the charts right. But given the relatively low torque, and less-critical safety hazard here, I think itā€™s fine. The links will also bend long before you break this bolt. But the proper course of action is to get the longer grade 10.9 bolt from Jeep.

The stock endlink bolt has an 18mm hex head, the 8.8 has a 19mm head. I think thatā€™s all.

Jeep Gladiator Rear Sway Bar Reinforcement & Repair Bracket 2C5CC56C-4F4B-4FA6-A8E5-1240CEC263F9

I used a 70mm length bolt and used a nylock nut on the backside.

Panthers65

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
Account Manager

I did something similar, the factory bolts weren't long enough to thread, I found a page that showed all the common bolt thread/lengths for the JKs and JL/JTs, typed in the m12x1.5x70 and a bolt described as a lower JK shock bolt showed up on Amazon, Didn't really care what it was for, but they were about $4 each, so I got a pair. Luckily this was preventative, and my factory sway bar bracket was find, so waiting another 2 days to install wasn't a big deal. I'd have gladly paid an extra $10 for Metalcloak to include those bolts instead of putting having to do the job twice...

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Check out ā€œbelmetric.comā€ amazing selection of automotive stuff with full thread shanks.
Sponsored