First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I noticed you guys start with overlands. May I ask why?
Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

1cdub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2020 JTR
My .02. It wouldn’t make sense to start with the more expensive Rubicon if they are going to swap axles right away. Plus the factory locker switch can not be used to control aftermarket differential locks just yet so you would end up with a useless bright red switch.

PUGLIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, SSMT
I noticed you guys start with overlands. May I ask why?
cause if you’re building your own rig a Rubicon is overpriced and the features aren’t worth the money.

Sport S and Overland .Max tow has more payload.
Leather/ lockers/ 1” and elec sway bar disconnects are not worth 8-15k more.

better lockers are available
Elec disconnects will fail
Gears will eventually be swapped as well.

Im getting my Gator Sport S .Mac tow loaded first 41k
Adding lift
Adding anti rocks front and back
Will be adding lockers and regearing in about 6 mo.

Rubicons are for those who just want you to look at the sticker think their rig is better than everyone else’s.....

when in reality everyone knows they just wasted a bunch of money for the sticker.

Sponsored

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Seems no limit to what a person can spend sort of takes the fun out of it. I`d rather see Jeeps that the average Joe is and will build, these mega $$$$ builds are of no interest and i pay them no attention. But that`s SEMA, shock and ahh for better or worse.

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
22551 Shannon Circle, Lake Forest, CA 92630
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon and 2 Gladiator Overlands
Occupation
Marketing Director
I noticed you guys start with Overlands. May I ask why?
We mainly choose the Overland because of two reasons. We had and still do have issues with our JL and the aftermarket axles under it. Not the fault of the axles but the main issue is the computer and its search for the FAD. Yes we have a Tazer but have found it doesn't remove the lights on the dash. We've updated our software so its current. The interior and exterior options of the Overland package including a properly colored dash made the decision even easier.

A lot of the comments above are correct also in what played into this years choice to purchase Overland models over the Rubicon. We don't plan to do much rock crawling with these as we have a perfectly capable Wrangler for that. Ours will be mainly used for extended duration/distance Overland trips.

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Seems no limit to what a person can spend sort of takes the fun out of it. I`d rather see Jeeps that the average Joe is and will build, these mega $$$$ builds are of no interest and i pay them no attention. But that`s SEMA, shock and ahh for better or worse.
Our Gladiator started out stock and slowly worked its way to where it will be at the end of the month. We wanted to show the full spectrum of what could be done over time. Other than the axles and front DSS, everything on the rig is what a normal person can obtain and install on their rig. You'll have to keep watching as we're going to be debuting a bunch of new parts on our JTs. We also have some great partners who have helped to make these builds possible. They trust us to build something great and to continue to market their exceptional products.

But also this is SEMA build thread so you're not going to find average here.

Reactions: JAY
OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Recon DSS Brackets are welded in! We spent the weekend working hard on the Punk’n Gladiator. More updates coming today!

73320784_2724225750943858_7344688891305132032_o.jpg

74178468_2724225824277184_983713305111560192_o.jpg
74284474_2724225897610510_4547633543349534720_o.jpg

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
We mainly choose the Overland because of two reasons. We had and still do have issues with our JL and the aftermarket axles under it. Not the fault of the axles but the main issue is the computer and its search for the FAD. Yes we have a Tazer but have found it doesn't remove the lights on the dash. We've updated our software so its current. The interior and exterior options of the Overland package including a properly colored dash made the decision even easier.

A lot of the comments above are correct also in what played into this years choice to purchase Overland models over the Rubicon. We don't plan to do much rock crawling with these as we have a perfectly capable Wrangler for that. Ours will be mainly used for extended duration/distance Overland trips.
Do the FAD issues exist with the the RCV one piece CV axles. https://www.quadratec.com/p/readylift-suspension/ultimate-front-1-piece-cv-axles-jeep-wrangler-jl According to RCV there should be no issues. I understand issues could occur with a complete delete of the FAD. Metal Cloak makes a nice skid plate for the FAD so i do not see issues with leaving it in and using the RCV axles.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure

So does the full time system still worth with different axles?

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
The Currie Enterprises 9” is in! Rock Krawler Suspension quad rate springs, King Shocks and our Discovery arms also installed.

73273556_2724357764263990_3057376137559670784_o.jpg
73314410_2724357837597316_46882832210984960_o.jpg

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
That 9" is absolutely sick!!!! Holy moly that thing is a beast! Love it and great choice.
Thank you! We're finishing up the front Currie 70 right now and should have some photos. I do have a killer shot of the Recon DSS some what installed. I'll post that up for you guys.

OP
OP
RebelOffRoad

RebelOffRoad

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeloffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Marketing Director
Our Recon DSS Kit for the Jeep Gladiator with a little pumpkin spice sprinkled in for Vegas.
IMG_1355.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.