Sponsored

Recall on the backup camera

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If its been done the backup camera icon will be a little gladiator. You should be abel to call a dealer and give them your vin and find out if it needs it. Or login on mopar.com and check it.
Sponsored

Grabberbluemach

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 jku Sahara, 2010 mustang GT, 1970 Mach 1, 2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Designer
Anyone else having double icons on their backup camera after the update?
I did the over that air update yesterday for this and my carplay wouldn’t work with phone calls. Took it to the dealer today and had them reflash it and do the Update there. Phone calls work again but the double icon I still there. They pulled another JT off the lot and tried it on theirs and got the same double icon...

3A668461-3A2A-4C1E-8D3D-D05DB24B94D1.jpeg

Grabberbluemach

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 jku Sahara, 2010 mustang GT, 1970 Mach 1, 2020 gladiator rubicon
Occupation
Designer
I can say that i do not have that problem. Thats interesting.
Yeah I saw some people had this issue on here after installing a tazer programmer but I don’t use a programmer. And the brand new one on the lot was doing the same thing. So not sure what’s going on lol

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I saw some people had this issue on here after installing a tazer programmer but I don’t use a programmer. And the brand new one on the lot was doing the same thing. So not sure what’s going on lol
I also have a tazer and dont have that problem. So cant say the tazer has any affect on that either. Tazer is well worth the money so far though.

Sponsored

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
Hmmm haven't gone to the dealer to do this yet, but for some reason today after making a trip to the post office, my android autoplay no longer works via USB cable. I can't seem to connect to my phone over bluetooth either. I'ts stuck at initiating bluetooth...

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Got the notice last week and the update screen on the radio today...and it failed to install. I'll be hoping it tries again soon because I will not be going to the dealership just to get this done as I avoid any dealership here unless absolutely necessary.

Edit: It popped back up this morning and completed successfully

Last edited:

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Any special conditions the car needs to be in to get the OTA update? Running with the engine, or just powered on, etc?

mr_bots

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Any special conditions the car needs to be in to get the OTA update? Running with the engine, or just powered on, etc?
Drive it around then after you put it in park leave it running and it should pop up on the screen. It'll say the transmission must be in park and key off to update. Hit update now, then turn the car off but don't open the door (turns RAP off). After the radio reboots and starts the update you can get out and it'll finish. I went back about an hour and a half later to make sure the radio turned off (you know, FCA electronic/software things). Started it and it verified the update was complete.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Drive it around then after you put it in park leave it running and it should pop up on the screen. It'll say the transmission must be in park and key off to update. Hit update now, then turn the car off but don't open the door (turns RAP off). After the radio reboots and starts the update you can get out and it'll finish. I went back about an hour and a half later to make sure the radio turned off (you know, FCA electronic/software things). Started it and it verified the update was complete.
Thanks sounds like it might take a little while for me then. Currently the JT is Naked in my garage with heavy rain going on for the next several days.

Sponsored

AJ-MJ

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Grand Cherokee and 1954 Willys
Occupation
Retired
I received a system update message yesterday. I started the down load and checked it this morning. The screen said system update was completed successful. If you click on what did this update do it says recall W30 and W35 were fixed. I have a Tazer mini and I did not see any issues with my backup camera.

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I received the system update message today and did the download this morning and got the system update was successful message. I have the SmartStopStart installed and no issues.

Glade the recall was OTA, I only would have had this recall done at the dealer if I was going in for something else.

Drysdale

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Mine updated yesterday and when I connect my iPhone with a cable and use CarPlay to make a call I cannot hear the calls over the speakers. Anyone else having this problem??

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Mine updated yesterday and when I connect my iPhone with a cable and use CarPlay to make a call I cannot hear the calls over the speakers. Anyone else having this problem??
Mine did this after the flash, the volume was turned all the way down. Make a call and use the volume controls to turn it back up.

Drysdale

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Mine did this after the flash, the volume was turned all the way down. Make a call and use the volume controls to turn it back up.
Thanks. After a soft reboot and on the phone with Jeep I figure that out.
Sponsored