Recovery gear in jt.

Sx3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 JLUR, 1997 Wrangler Sport
Im with you on the moonshine and jerky but not that other stuff. I don't know that I'll ever be able to eat at McDonald's again. My kid's dirty diapers smell like McDonald's! Wtf is that about?!
Sometimes we meet at McDondalds before heading out to the trails. One time after a long day wheeling, we took a break, I was feeling hungry. Looked at my door panel and seen a Mc Donald's sack. Opened it and found a sausage mc muffin that was forgotten. After a few trail pops, that sandwich was good eat'n.

But I suppose there are other places to meet up but MCD is a major land mark in almost every part of the USA and can be easily found. And it never fails, someone always needs to take a dump after drinking coffee.

Which reminds me, toilet paper should be included on the trail. So bring a roll.
Sponsored

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
A photo would be easier, but essentially I have this:

2x Air Compressor
~150 tire plugs + tire plug kit
4x Soft shackles (30k rated)
4x Hard shackles (20k rated)
1x HAM Radio w/Amplifier and hood mounted antenna
1x SPOT X personal satellite locator
1x Globalstar SAT phone w/extra battery
1x 3' Pry-bar
1x Hi-Lift jack w/base plate
1x 25' Kinetic tow strap
Set of Maxtrax
8 gals extra fuel (2x 2gal and 1x 4gal)
1x tow strap (40k rated)
Pull-Pal Winch Anchor (used it twice already in the snow!)
1x Shovel
1x Axe
1x Tomahawk/axe
1x Fiskars 29" Machete (to prevent desert pin-striping)
1x Fiskars pruning shears (to prevent desert pin-striping)
2x .45 pistols ( 1x 1911, 1x Springfield XDS 3.3)
4x extra .45 mags
1x Battery jumper / power source (USB, etc)
Various tools (pliers, wrenches, sockets, drivers)

And then a container of food/survival stuff that includes fire starters, JetBoil, fuel canisters, dehydrated food, etc.

Why you might ask so much recovery gear? Because I can.. and because when I head out, I could be ~50 or more miles from any real civilization.. between home base in Utah, Nevada and Arizona..

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Sometimes we meet at McDondalds before heading out to the trails. One time after a long day wheeling, we took a break, I was feeling hungry. Looked at my door panel and seen a Mc Donald's sack. Opened it and found a sausage mc muffin that was forgotten. After a few trail pops, that sandwich was good eat'n.

But I suppose there are other places to meet up but MCD is a major land mark in almost every part of the USA and can be easily found. And it never fails, someone always needs to take a dump after drinking coffee.

Which reminds me, toilet paper should be included on the trail. So bring a roll.
Haha thanks. I'll bring 2!

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A photo would be easier, but essentially I have this:

2x Air Compressor
~150 tire plugs + tire plug kit
4x Soft shackles (30k rated)
4x Hard shackles (20k rated)
1x HAM Radio w/Amplifier and hood mounted antenna
1x SPOT X personal satellite locator
1x Globalstar SAT phone w/extra battery
1x 3' Pry-bar
1x Hi-Lift jack w/base plate
1x 25' Kinetic tow strap
Set of Maxtrax
8 gals extra fuel (2x 2gal and 1x 4gal)
1x tow strap (40k rated)
Pull-Pal Winch Anchor (used it twice already in the snow!)
1x Shovel
1x Axe
1x Tomahawk/axe
1x Fiskars 29" Machete (to prevent desert pin-striping)
1x Fiskars pruning shears (to prevent desert pin-striping)
2x .45 pistols ( 1x 1911, 1x Springfield XDS 3.3)
4x extra .45 mags
1x Battery jumper / power source (USB, etc)
Various tools (pliers, wrenches, sockets, drivers)

And then a container of food/survival stuff that includes fire starters, JetBoil, fuel canisters, dehydrated food, etc.

Why you might ask so much recovery gear? Because I can.. and because when I head out, I could be ~50 or more miles from any real civilization.. between home base in Utah, Nevada and Arizona..
That's quite a list! I like it. Gives me a good list to start on. How much space does all that take up? Where do you put other camping stuff? Also is the .45 for bears?

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SVP/CISO
That's quite a list! I like it. Gives me a good list to start on. How much space does all that take up? Where do you put other camping stuff? Also is the .45 for bears?

I keep the Springfield .45 perm. mounted under the steering column, then the 1911 is a personal carry sidearm. Excessive, I know. Its for stupid people and big wildlife. I'm less worried about Utah Black Bear and Mountain Lion as I am Bull Elk and Moose. Far more negative encounters w/Elk & Moose than Bear and Big cats.

I'll take photos in a bit. I have everything secured either in the bed or behind / under the seats. I still have ample space left for other items like tents/camping gear, etc. I can also mount above my hard tri-fold tonneau cover.

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I keep the Springfield .45 perm. mounted under the steering column, then the 1911 is a personal carry sidearm. Excessive, I know. Its for stupid people and big wildlife. I'm less worried about Utah Black Bear and Mountain Lion as I am Bull Elk and Moose. Far more negative encounters w/Elk & Moose than Bear and Big cats.

I'll take photos in a bit. I have everything secured either in the bed or behind / under the seats. I still have ample space left for other items like tents/camping gear, etc. I can also mount above my hard tri-fold tonneau cover.
My concern about carrying is crossing state lines and running into trouble. Have you had any issues with the law about this? Hell I live in md.. you can't get a concealed carry unless you are police or protecting money.

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SVP/CISO
My concern about carrying is crossing state lines and running into trouble. Have you had any issues with the law about this? Hell I live in md.. you can't get a concealed carry unless you are police or protecting money.
Well, I live in the West where gun laws are a bit simpler. Open carry or visible carry is legal in all 50 states, though the coasts (CA, WA, NY, NJ, etc) will hassle you to no end.

No issues to date. Where stricter gun laws exist, they've only asked me to keep my hands on the wheel after I notified about the perm. mounted .45..

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, I live in the West where gun laws are a bit simpler. Open carry or visible carry is legal in all 50 states, though the coasts (CA, WA, NY, NJ, etc) will hassle you to no end.

No issues to date. Where stricter gun laws exist, they've only asked me to keep my hands on the wheel after I notified about the perm. mounted .45..
Yeah I remember them being pretty lax in Idaho. Interesting. Maybe I'll keep it locked in a box so I don't get shot on site haha. Keep in mind I look very suspicious. Get searched every time at the airport. Often the full bomb residue test too. Not sure if I should push my luck. Either way. Looking forward to some pics.

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SVP/CISO
Yeah I remember them being pretty lax in Idaho. Interesting. Maybe I'll keep it locked in a box so I don't get shot on site haha. Keep in mind I look very suspicious. Get searched every time at the airport. Often the full bomb residue test too. Not sure if I should push my luck. Either way. Looking forward to some pics.
You and me both, likely for very different reasons. When I fly abroad, I get the full love treatment because I still look like I could be "Forces", but especially in France and Heathrow. Doesn't help that my carry-on likely at one time or another had guns and ammo in them! :giggle:

Sx3

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2018 JLUR, 1997 Wrangler Sport

Just saying

OIP.jpeg-28.jpg

Sponsored

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SVP/CISO

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
That has changed in recent years. I believe the circuit court changed the rules and made getting a cc license easier, but not like it is in free states

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element

Not true. You can transport firearms in a certain way through all 50 states but carrying in many still requires a license from that state or a state they have reciprocity with. For example: in Indiana to open or conceal carry a handgun you need a permit. Now as a resident of IN the sherrif’s office has to issue one as long as you are not prohibited from possessing firearms. And they honor every other state’s permits. IL requires a FOID and only issued to state residents, a recent law passed does allow you to drive through the state with the firearm on you as long as you dont leave the vehicle. California is a crapshoot, as they have so many restrictions on what you can carry, where, and even have a list of approved handgun models. It gets really complicated and is a completely infringement on rights.

Here in KY you can open carry anything, but still need to be 21 or older to conceal carry. A firearm in an oem compartment is not considered concealed but you install a lock box and put a gun there then you need to be 21 or older

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SVP/CISO
Not true. You can transport firearms in a certain way through all 50 states but carrying in many still requires a license from that state or a state they have reciprocity with. For example: in Indiana to open or conceal carry a handgun you need a permit. Now as a resident of IN the sherrif’s office has to issue one as long as you are not prohibited from possessing firearms. And they honor every other state’s permits. IL requires a FOID and only issued to state residents, a recent law passed does allow you to drive through the state with the firearm on you as long as you dont leave the vehicle. California is a crapshoot, as they have so many restrictions on what you can carry, where, and even have a list of approved handgun models. It gets really complicated and is a completely infringement on rights.

Here in KY you can open carry anything, but still need to be 21 or older to conceal carry. A firearm in an oem compartment is not considered concealed but you install a lock box and put a gun there then you need to be 21 or older
I don't want to get in a pissing war, but the Constitution is pretty clear and residents of a few states have allowed their rights to own & bear arms to become less possible.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Check reciprocity with different states. I have a PA, SC and UT CWP. You can get out-of-state CWPs (typically need to show you have one in your own state, take applicable trainings and file the appropriate paperwork/fees). Last time I checked with these three I can carry in about 38 states.

MD really sucks though, sorry. If I have anything in the vehicle I won’t even leave the interstate to get gas in that state.
Sponsored