First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales Manager
the only thing you would want to verify is if it has the diode in the red wire like the Ram (TPH-020) does. I know some of the other Cherokee harnesses (mainly Tekonsha 3014) don't have the diode, and it causes issues when you activate the manual brakes on the trailer. If ti has the diode, and it plug and play then it would be an even better solution.
Yeah, sounds like swapping the blue/black is the way to go for me.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Yeah, sounds like swapping the blue/black is the way to go for me.
If you are not in a hurry email their support, they will confirm. They are super nice and will get back fast. They even took my question about water ingress protection very seriously and offered sugestions.

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
I got my T-P E and my TPH-001 cable. Now I just need my Jeep to get here from Toledo so that I can see if it all works. If any of you are ahead of me and use that cable, please share if it works with no wire switching etc...

Also is there a way to mount the unit by bolting it to the bottom of that crossbar and offset toward the front of the jeep instead up upright and trimming the ears off the panel like they show in the video? Do you lose stiffness doing the trimming and does that panel rattle around?

Last edited:

Sponsored

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
This is what the wires on the TPH-001 harness look like. Does that match the modified RAM harness?

Thanks,

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
Also is there a way to mount the unit by bolting it to the bottom of that crossbar and offset toward the front of the jeep instead
If you look close you will see I used two self tapping hex head screws, one in the upper left and one in the lower right. The lower right needed about a 1/8" thick shim, I used a piece of 3M double sided tape and stuck it to the back side of the lower mounting hole. It held the unit in place as I screwed it down. The thing I was screwing into is black plastic, so don't bear to hard on it!

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
If you look close you will see I used two self tapping hex head screws, one in the upper left and one in the lower right. The lower right needed about a 1/8" thick shim, I used a piece of 3M double sided tape and stuck it to the back side of the lower mounting hole. It held the unit in place as I screwed it down. The thing I was screwing into is black plastic, so don't bear to hard on it!
Thanks KVJ!

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Remember they are on the other side of the world.
And thats what made it great. I would email them late at night and have a response by the time I woke up. Amazing customer service to me, lol

Scruf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 1997 TJ, 2017 Honda CRF250L
Occupation
Automotive Product Quality Engineer
Has anyone confirmed if the red wire in the TPH-001 harness has a diode? I've got this harness and the Tow Pro Elite on order, but would like to verify so that when it comes in I'm ready to install.