Sponsored

Reflash ZF 850re Transmission after oil change????

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I would assume that would be tough to get.
I’m repeating a lot here and as I posted at the very start, I have a question about the need to Reflash the tranny when an oil change is done?? I also said this forum isn’t about what oil is better, it’s not about selling a certain oil, and it’s not about others telling me I shouldn’t change the oil. It looks like people don’t read but to be fair and kind I engage with my Jeep family and try my best to be cordial.

As I pointed out, my Amsoil dealer went to Amsoil Tech and asked, “where’s the approval from ZF to use our synthetic ATF in the ZF tranny’s? Our customer wants to see it.” Reply back from Tech, “we don’t have it nor went after one. What we have is the specific code for the Chrysler Mopar ZF tranny they published that oil manufacturers have to be in compliance with in order to use our oil in that tranny”.

If you will,... consider an approval to use the oil (what ever oil) if it’s in compliance to the code.

I need a beer, and it’s only 10am
I believe fluid changes will help extend the life of a transmission. ZF specifically says it is not necessary with this transmission. If the fluid meets the Mopar requirements, then it should be okay to use in the transmission. The transmission should not need any software flash when the fluid is changed. What should be done is triggering the Learn Procedure that the transmission goes through when new. This is something that can be done by the dealer, and is also used as an attempt at fixing odd shifting problems in some of the transmissions. It may also be possible to trigger the Learn Procedure using AlfaOBD, Jscan, or a Tazer.
Sponsored