Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Well apparently temps are not it. I really did not think that would be it but needed to ask.

Wonder what is the deal with mine then. Most of the time it does just fine. Only these 2 times so far.

Only other thing that has happened within the last couple days is the blue screen for backup camera and the skipping audio for the radio. That was only for a startup, after shutting it off and starting again after work it was fine. Wonder if there is something with the electronics, man I hope not.
Do you have the tazer?
Sponsored

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
I had read that the remote start will not work in really cold temps. Anybody know if that is true or not?
Remote start reliability? Same as my JL, and the remote start 3.6 Pentastar was RELIABLE in Wisconsin winters at 58 below. Every. Time.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
I had that issue once, hasn't come back. It was probably an electronic gremlin
That is what I am afraid of. It is sporadic which makes it hard to impossible to find and correct.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
@Gvsukids

Curious...why would you bring up "Tazer" in this thread. :facepalm:

I follow the Tazer JL posts closely and have necer seen a post saying the Tazer JL impacted the remote start in regard to cold weather starts, etc.. (x 3 yrs of watching Tazer JL posts)

In regard to the OP's issue.. His is the second post like this regarding a 2020 Jeep JL/JT that I have read in the last 2 days.. Other post/person did not have a Tazer JL.
I brought up the tazer in regards to the post about the audio issue and black screen on the backup camera. With my tazer I haven't had any issues with my remote start.

Sublime

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gecko Green 2021 Sport S
I've noticed this on my wife's Chrysler T&C. Very sporadic no matter what the temp. Thinking about it now it could be due to not having it locked prior to hitting the auto start. IDK just an idea.

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
I've noticed this on my wife's Chrysler T&C. Very sporadic no matter what the temp. Thinking about it now it could be due to not having it locked prior to hitting the auto start. IDK just an idea.
When it did it last time I unlocked and locked the Gladiator then tried again. Still got the single horn and no start.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
When it did it last time I unlocked and locked the Gladiator then tried again. Still got the single horn and no start.
Take it to the dealership.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I suggest validating your battery voltage when it fails. See what the voltage is before starting the engine. Strange things can happen with weak batteries that are not truly healthy but strong enough to spin a starter.

im on my 3rd set of batteries from Jeep. the first two were defective but did function for a while.

Edit: my first two sets of batteries were replaced within the first 5k miles or so. This third set is now at 12k. I bought the truck 19 months ago.

OP
OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Take it to the dealership.
Not an option. Supercharger and modfied PCM. They will claim that is what did it even though the PCM, I am sure does not control remote start. That would be either the TIPM or BCM.

Need to check the voltage as AggieJeep suggested. Just tried it again at 3 degrees with both key fobs and got the 1 honk then the sound of something shutting down, best way to describe it. Low temps can put a good strain on the batteries, so maybe there is something to it. After driving it for a bit the last time I checked it and it worked. Full charge maybe?

Gladiator1975

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales
Vehicle Showcase
I have had similar remote start issues here in KC with the temps in the teens. I think it is battery charge level related. My 2018 JL acted the same way just when it got really cold. Most cases it has been when I just drove a couple miles away and I have not drove my Jeep in awile.

PEI-Gladys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black JTR
Occupation
Ed Tech
I haven't had an issue with remote start on my JTR, I'm in Canada and it has been cold.. Now my JKU would give a error message/code on the dash if I got the single horn honk and the remote start did not work. If the jeep was low in gas it would remote start and then shutoff right away, again with a message on the dash. You did have to look for the message before the regular key start. Cheers!
Sponsored