paulinbtr

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I.T. Professional
Just another data point. My new JT just started at 25F. We are getting down to a low 17 tonight. No contest with all ya all up north.

Advertisement

Kaumajet

First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mojave
Occupation
Retired helicopter pilot / test pilot / accident investigator
I've had this with mine and it was voltage related.

Skullivan

First Name
Skylar
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
GFC Engineer
It was -22°F last weekend and my remote start worked fine. Does that help? 🥶
Same here -20's for 2 weeks straight and my garage isn't cleaned out yet for it to sit inside so definitely got as cold as possible. Not a single problem!

Dim

First Name
Dimitri
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon Launch Edition Granite Crystal
Occupation
Self employed
I had read that the remote start will not work in really cold temps. Anybody know if that is true or not?

I have had mine not work a couple times now, temps in the single digits. All I get is one honk with the double tap of the button. All other times it has worked flawlessly.
I had the exact same situation as you. Only one honk and no start . Was also pretty cold but I think it’s mostly due to the way you used it on the previous use .
I remember that I showed to my sis how it worked and start it with the remote then switch it off also with the remote and then close the car . And the next day it didn’t worked ....

MyGeekDaddy

First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I had the exact same situation as you. Only one honk and no start . Was also pretty cold but I think it’s mostly due to the way you used it on the previous use .
I remember that I showed to my sis how it worked and start it with the remote then switch it off also with the remote and then close the car . And the next day it didn’t worked ....
Did you actually start your JT again from inside the cab? I believe if you let the remote start timeout by running more than 10 min, the remote start won't activate again until the JT is started from inside the cab.

I haven't seen documentation on this yet, but I know if I start it early when leaving work, and it goes more than 10 min, I have not been able to remote start it again.

Smittie

First Name
Smittie
Reaction score
Website
smittie.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Technology Consultant in Agriculture
I had read that the remote start will not work in really cold temps. Anybody know if that is true or not?

I have had mine not work a couple times now, temps in the single digits. All I get is one honk with the double tap of the button. All other times it has worked flawlessly.
Sub-zero mornings are pretty common here, especially these past ten days. Remote start works every time on both the Renegade and the Gladiator.

OP
JTPatriot

JTPatriot

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Experimental Mechanic
Thanks for all the info and personal experiences. Throw this into the mix, last couple times I have tried the remote start it has worked, -10F to -15F. So, no idea or explanation.

HemiMagnum1

First Name
James
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody, Durango SRT 392
Well apparently temps are not it. I really did not think that would be it but needed to ask.

Wonder what is the deal with mine then. Most of the time it does just fine. Only these 2 times so far.

Only other thing that has happened within the last couple days is the blue screen for backup camera and the skipping audio for the radio. That was only for a startup, after shutting it off and starting again after work it was fine. Wonder if there is something with the electronics, man I hope not.
That sounds like what happens after the battery gets disconnected. Perhaps the connection is loose or battery is almost dead making the Gladiator think it needs to reboot?

Advertisement

Advertisement