Sponsored

Removing closure panels from SPORT S front bumper?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
I took mine off on my JL altogether. I am really surprised that people are so concerned about the fog light wires. First of all, after 1.5 years of them being exposed I have had no issues. But even if I did, how hard is it to repair/replace fog light wiring?
Sponsored

PUGLIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, SSMT
I took mine off on my JL altogether. I am really surprised that people are so concerned about the fog light wires. First of all, after 1.5 years of them being exposed I have had no issues. But even if I did, how hard is it to repair/replace fog light wiring?

Lmao! The same reason people are asking about taking or cutting any plastic off a new Jeep and complaining about how mods ruined gas mileage in a.......JEEP!

They are newbies to the Jeep community and they will learn quickly!

Jeep tips for newbs!
1: If you want good gas mileage, you made a big mistake.
2: If you want Speed, unless u have 15-20k it will never happen.
3: If you want comfort, trade it in for a caddy!
4: If you’re afraid to spend money, a Jeep is not for you.

if you want a bad ass rig and to have a lot of fun with great ppl and community. You bought the right vehicle. Ask tons of questions, watch videos, find a club and start buying tools.

Last edited:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Jeep tips for newbs!
1: If you want good gas mileage, you made a big mistake.
2: If you want Speed, unless u have 15-20k it will never happen.
3: If you want comfort, trade it in for a caddy!
4: If you’re afraid to spend money, a Jeep is not for you.

if you want a bad ass rig and to have a lot of fun with great ppl and community. You bought the right vehicle. Ask tons of questions, watch videos, find a club and start buying tools.
i dig it!

I actually don't mind the air dam thingies. They'll come off when i get bigger tires or get a new bumper. too many other projects to work on around the house.

First Name
Athrilla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT - 2020 Jeep JL
i dig it!

I actually don't mind the air dam thingies. They'll come off when i get bigger tires or get a new bumper. too many other projects to work on around the house.
I'm with you, I don't mind them either but did trim the bottom so the tires wouldn't rub. It seemed easier then taking out the screws and finding a place to store the air dam thingies. lol

When the stock bumper or fenders get ripped off while having fun, then the cool stuff will be used to replace them.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTguy2020

JTguy2020

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
raptoreventsflorida.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Realistic Dinosaur Entertainment | Marketing | Jeeper
Vehicle Showcase
I removed mine both on my JL and my JT. - Then I use a dremel to cut off the excess (thereby using the remaining part of the panel to cover the lights.

IMG_8211.JPG

IMG_8212.JPG
How did I missed this post… Wow you did an amazing job

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Will these fit the Overland?
#'s 6QZ88RXFAB and 6QZ89RXFAB - I'd actually like to install them because I've found on our sloppy roads with the salt and sand that stuff gets kicked up onto the bumper.
IF these part numbers, listed for Sport, will fit an Overland, I'm looking for a pair - I KNOW I can buy them online and I KNOW the dealer can order them for me - but I try to deal with individual sellers first so they have the money and I have the parts rather than them having the parts going to rot in a shed somewhere. Win-Win.
But the dealer could not tell me if these fit an Overland - their system only shows them for Sport.
If it gains me MPG - fine, great, but my biggest concern is the crap already on top of the bumper after the drive home from the dealer!
So call me a fool - it's the same reason I spent over 3 grand putting new rocker panels on an 04 WJ with over 125,000 miles on it - almost as much as the vehicle is worth. I want it to last and look good, too.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Sponsored

Jeepkeeper

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
#'s 6QZ88RXFAB and 6QZ89RXFAB - I'd actually like to install them because I've found on our sloppy roads with the salt and sand that stuff gets kicked up onto the bumper.
IF these part numbers, listed for Sport, will fit an Overland, I'm looking for a pair - I KNOW I can buy them online and I KNOW the dealer can order them for me - but I try to deal with individual sellers first so they have the money and I have the parts rather than them having the parts going to rot in a shed somewhere. Win-Win.
But the dealer could not tell me if these fit an Overland - their system only shows them for Sport.
If it gains me MPG - fine, great, but my biggest concern is the crap already on top of the bumper after the drive home from the dealer!
So call me a fool - it's the same reason I spent over 3 grand putting new rocker panels on an 04 WJ with over 125,000 miles on it - almost as much as the vehicle is worth. I want it to last and look good, too.
i have ordered them for my overland. I will keep the old ones just in case i change my mind. According to mopar , they will fit my overland and they also wanted my vin to make sure. I will put up pics. Cheers

Theh8er

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I removed mine both on my JL and my JT. - Then I use a dremel to cut off the excess (thereby using the remaining part of the panel to cover the lights.

Jeep Gladiator Removing closure panels from SPORT S front bumper? trash_with_liner

Jeep Gladiator Removing closure panels from SPORT S front bumper? trash_with_liner
What specific Dremel bit? Thanks.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
What specific Dremel bit? Thanks.
Not a bit - a plastic cut-off wheel. You can get them in metal cutting or plastic cutting. I buy the bulk packs of the metal cutting but always have some plastic cutting wheels, too.
They are like mini-5" angle grinder wheels.
They are exactly like these but say "plastic" on them - they won't plug with hot plastic like the metal cutting wheels will although I've used the metal cutting wheels in a pinch.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Dremel-...t-Off-Wheels-for-Metal-5-Pack-EZ456/100484365

Here's the plastic cutting wheels. They go on the quick-change arbor, whatever their trade name for it is........

https://www.amazon.com/dremel-plastic-cutting-wheel/s?k=dremel+plastic+cutting+wheel

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I hope it works out for you. Lots of people have told me they love my Gladiator, and never followed it with, "except for those awful panels in front".

I don't even give mine a passing thought until it comes up here from time to time. If they get me better gas mileage and keep my bumper cleaner, then that's a plus in my book.
Sponsored