Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
@NachoRuby all you need is some lower control arm drop brackets, or Mopar lower control arms for the 2" lift and a adjustable trackbar to complete everything. I'd say if you only go with the spacers then all you need is the adjustable track bar. I went with a rough country adjustable track bar and i know people like to knock their stuff but I ran basically the same one in my JKU for 5 yrs no issues. For $150 it's worth it.
Sponsored

Fastwake

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
35s with a 2” Mopar lift. Tons of room

BalancedPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Business owner/Vibration Analyst
2" Mopar lift with just the 1" spacer up front and 35" BFG KO2's. Researched for a year before I pulled the trigger. Saw many other members with the same dimension setups (different brands) and really felt this was the "look" I wanted. Plus if I went with larger tires I knew I would feel the need to regear, and that was more than I wanted to get into. I also planned to plow (am doing so now) so I didn't want to get too high off the ground and screw up the plow push angle. This is my daily driver and although I want to offroad, I've not done any yet, so don't feel the need for crazy lifts and tires. Mileage has stayed the same, and the ride quality is very minimally affected (a bit more bouncy).

I friggin' love how my jeep looks!

Jeep Gladiator Request: 35s with a Lift? Blanche 02

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
2" Mopar lift with just the 1" spacer up front and 35" BFG KO2's. Researched for a year before I pulled the trigger. Saw many other members with the same dimension setups (different brands) and really felt this was the "look" I wanted. Plus if I went with larger tires I knew I would feel the need to regear, and that was more than I wanted to get into. I also planned to plow (am doing so now) so I didn't want to get too high off the ground and screw up the plow push angle. This is my daily driver and although I want to offroad, I've not done any yet, so don't feel the need for crazy lifts and tires. Mileage has stayed the same, and the ride quality is very minimally affected (a bit more bouncy).

I friggin' love how my jeep looks!

Jeep Gladiator Request: 35s with a Lift? Blanche 02
What wheels. I'm looking at wheels and have been looking at some similar to yours

Elff

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Rubicon, Buell XBRS
Occupation
Interwebs
Vehicle Showcase
Sinice i have a Rubicon, I was looking into the AEV spacer lift and then adding 35" Wildpeak AT3Ws since I love the 33" ones.
With the 4.10s and automatic, I think this will give me a look I want, without having to re-gear and maybe just barely affect the towing, but People can pass me on hills, I don't care. :LOL:

I will let these tires wear out before I replace them though.

Sponsored

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Haven't quite pulled the trigger yet. Have some Christmas gift cards to use up, and the dealership will install it next week when I take it in for another small issue. Basically... Whatever I can find in stock at the local 4wheelparts.com store in Carlisle Pa
Before you pull the trigger at 4WP, check More Than Tires.
I have not been happy with 4WP lately. (They are almost in my back yard.)

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
3.5/2.5 Rubicon Express lift

35" Toyo MTs

Will be upgrading to 37s when I need tires

Jeep Gladiator Request: 35s with a Lift? IMG_7710.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Request: 35s with a Lift? IMG_7507.JPG

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Jeep Gladiator Request: 35s with a Lift? 20220116_151941

Jeep Gladiator Request: 35s with a Lift? 20220116_160230

Jeep Gladiator Request: 35s with a Lift? 20220116_160206(0)

Clayon 2.5" Right Right + with Bilsteins, Mopar LCAs, JKS disconnects, and Synergy Mfg Steering, with 315/70/17 BFG KO2s.

I've been thinking of going with a 34x11 tire.

The new thing in the Jeep world is running 38 to 40" tires, which is great, but you better not be doing that on factory axles. I don't care about that one guy who has had 40s for 5 years without breaking anything. I don't believe it.

These Dana 44s are great axles, but 37s are the absolute limit. I highly recommend 35s as the safe limit.

Also 35s "should" have 4.56 gears to retain the factory ratio range, while 37s need 4.88s.

You can get away with 35s on 4.10s, but once you go 37s you really should regear.

I've had three lift kit versions on my Gladiator.

First was just a Teraflex leveling kit to keep the 35s from rubbing until I decided on a big boy lift.

Then I experimented with the Rubicon Launch Edition front springs, which gave me an inch and quarter in the front. I paired them with an one inch Teraflex spacer.

I went on my first legit, moderate to hard off-roading trip, and quickly realized that I needed more height for clearance and articulation. These Gladiators are long... with bad departure angles.

I'm really happy with the Clayton kit.

Buy once, cry once.

Last edited:

4xRadDad

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Lineman
I ended up going with the AEV 2.5 lift and 35 Falken at3w’s. Wasn’t going to lift it at first and drove it stock with 35s for while. I didn’t care for the soft rubicon ride. I chose the AEV lift because of AEV’s reputation, and the triple rate springs since I do tow a fairly heavy boat. Super happy with it!

8C99EFAF-929B-41F4-A179-F123FDC22E78.jpeg

OP
OP
Echo26

Echo26

First Name
ETC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTR
Occupation
Student of Life
I ended up going with the AEV 2.5 lift and 35 Falken at3w’s. Wasn’t going to lift it at first and drove it stock with 35s for while. I didn’t care for the soft rubicon ride. I chose the AEV lift because of AEV’s reputation, and the triple rate springs since I do tow a fairly heavy boat. Super happy with it!

8C99EFAF-929B-41F4-A179-F123FDC22E78.jpeg
I’m considering the AEV 2.5 kit. How would you compare the ride quality compared to the Fox 2.0?

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Before you pull the trigger at 4WP, check More Than Tires.
I have not been happy with 4WP lately. (They are almost in my back yard.)
Unfortunately, my gift card is with 4wp, so I'm stuck. I guess I could use it on something else though. I didn't even know More than Tires did lifts, but I know exactly where they are. Will check all options! Thanks!

OP
OP
Echo26

Echo26

First Name
ETC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTR
Occupation
Student of Life
Jeep Gladiator Request: 35s with a Lift? 8C99EFAF-929B-41F4-A179-F123FDC22E78

Clayon 2.5" Right Right + with Bilsteins, Mopar LCAs, JKS disconnects, and Synergy Mfg Steering, with 315/70/17 BFG KO2s.

I've been thinking of going with a 34x11 tire.

The new thing in the Jeep world is running 38 to 40" tires, which is great, but you better not be doing that on factory axles. I don't care about that one guy who has had 40s for 5 years without breaking anything. I don't believe it.

These Dana 44s are great axles, but 37s are the absolute limit. I highly recommend 35s as the safe limit.

Also 35s "should" have 4.56 gears to retain the factory ratio range, while 37s need 4.88s.

You can get away with 35s on 4.10s, but once you go 37s you really should regear.

I've had three lift kit versions on my Gladiator.

First was just a Teraflex leveling kit to keep the 35s from rubbing until I decided on a big boy lift.

Then I experimented with the Rubicon Launch Edition front springs, which gave me an inch and quarter in the front. I paired them with an one inch Teraflex spacer.

I went on my first legit, moderate to hard off-roading trip, and quickly realized that I needed more height for clearance and articulation. These Gladiators are long... with bad departure angles.

I'm really happy with the Clayton kit.

Buy once, cry once.
Did you consider the AEV 2.5 lift? I’m curious to know what steered you towards the Clayton’s if you did. I’m on the fence between those to or sticking with my Fox 2.5 Mojave take offs and adding a 2” AEV spacer lift, AEV 2.5, or Clayton Ride Right with shocks TBD.

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Did you consider the AEV 2.5 lift? I’m curious to know what steered you towards the Clayton’s if you did. I’m on the fence between those to or sticking with my Fox 2.5 Mojave take offs and adding a 2” AEV spacer lift, AEV 2.5, or Clayton Ride Right with shocks TBD.
Spacers don't give you any extra articulation, just height.

The Clayton is a full kit and easy to add onto.

I don't like the idea of brackets to fix geometry, versus really nice HD arms and bars.

4xRadDad

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Lineman
I’m considering the AEV 2.5 kit. How would you compare the ride quality compared to the Fox 2.0?
The AEV kit is a lot firmer. You feel more of the smaller bumps but it definitely soaks up the big ones. Cornering feels way more planted. The Fox’s are nice but felt floaty to me. I might catch some crap, but it feels more controlled while towing with the AEV kit compared to stock.

BalancedPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Business owner/Vibration Analyst