Required Rubicon Options??

Quick

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
It's starting to sound like the sport s with max tow and truck of the year package are the way to go, especially since limited slip is now included. It's what I would have ordered but they discontinued punkn...

It seems like they are really dropping the ball on this, discontinuing orange, discontinuing manual transmissions, forcing rubicon options, truck of the year coming out mid year(saving $ on ordered ones not ones on lots),no max tow on sport(not sport s)now, brake controllers coming out mid year....

Since when are they discontinuing the manual ?
Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Since when are they discontinuing the manual ?
Or the Pun'kin? Wasn't that just showcased on their most expensive ad to date?

Robtco99

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 wrangler, 01 cherokee
Or the Pun'kin? Wasn't that just showcased on their most expensive ad to date?
Punkn was pulled from the JL and JT line up with no warning recently. About a week after the superbowl ad that showcased it.

The manuals are a new thing and right now you can't order a JL or JT with a manual. That may be remedied at some point though...

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Punkn was pulled from the JL and JT line up with no warning recently. About a week after the superbowl ad that showcased it.

The manuals are a new thing and right now you can't order a JL or JT with a manual. That may be remedied at some point though...
Wow! So the base price of every trim level just went up $2,000?

I'm not contradicting you as I have no other knowledge. But I would think they would change the build and price feature on their web site to reflect these major changes.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Or maybe they're just done taking orders for these items for the 2020 model? When does the 2021 come out?

Sponsored

JeepChak12

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda Miata GT
Does anyone have any solid evidence of this news?
I can absolutely verify that you cannot today punch in an order for a manual, it says that ordering is closed for a manual transmission. I can also verify that the ordering system was requiring proximity key, Tonneau cover (external to dual top group) and a few other things like slush mats. The dealership I was at let me see the screen as they were trying to order it. I also emailed and verified with another dealer. It doesnā€™t seem like anyone thinks that manuals are discontinued, just not taking orders right now for some reason but with no further information from FCA.

The dealers I was speaking with claimed that they see this all the time, with no heads up or explanation, then the ordering system just starts excepting things again. Sounded like there could be a number of reasons, recalls, production falling behind, others, but hoping itā€™s all temporary.

Quick

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
I hope so too im to close to ordering for them to pull my ability to get the 6 speed i want especially with all the other crap they are forcing to it! Thanks for the input.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can absolutely verify that you cannot today punch in an order for a manual, it says that ordering is closed for a manual transmission. I can also verify that the ordering system was requiring proximity key, Tonneau cover (external to dual top group) and a few other things like slush mats. The dealership I was at let me see the screen as they were trying to order it. I also emailed and verified with another dealer. It doesnā€™t seem like anyone thinks that manuals are discontinued, just not taking orders right now for some reason but with no further information from FCA.

The dealers I was speaking with claimed that they see this all the time, with no heads up or explanation, then the ordering system just starts excepting things again. Sounded like there could be a number of reasons, recalls, production falling behind, others, but hoping itā€™s all temporary.
My dealer happened to call today to check up on my purchase and confirmed this as well. He took an order for a Rubicon yesterday and saw no option for a 6-speed. The customer wanted an automatic, but it was very apparent that the manual was not available.

He has no clue why and added that colors do seem to come and go (and come back) without notice. Then he relayed a story from years ago where a woman came in for a newly available color, but inexplicably it had become unavailable (he couldn't recall the color.) He kept and eye out for it and she kept checking back for a year and a half and the color never did return.

Quick

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU
Has anyone heard of any updates to these ridiculous setbacks and requirements ?

Sponsored

JeepChak12

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda Miata GT
Has anyone heard of any updates to these ridiculous setbacks and requirements
back again... Manual transmission orders are open again Iā€™m told. Tried to have my configuration specked out. In addition to Tonneau cover, all weather mats, and proximity key, it required advanced safety group and forward facing trail camera. Iā€™m getting so fed up with this bullshit. This means the config that I want and specd out online is now over $2000 more in options plus the actual price went $1200 with the March allocation. Iā€™m not going to buy at the moment because of this, and if these required ā€˜optionsā€™ donā€™t go away, Iā€™m going to buy on the second hand market to ensure FCA doesnā€™t get any of it. Pretty fed up at this point.

Kross

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 W250, 2006 XK
Reading all this has me really disappointed in Jeep. Pretty messed up stuff they are pulling. Makes me dread when I finally go to order one.
Sponsored