Sponsored

Retractable Bed Cover with full length T-Slots/Tracks?

Blindjustice1787

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I am trying to find a cover like the Retrax that has t-slots that go the full length of the cover sides. I know EGR makes one for ONLY $3500, but I have no interest in that price tag nor the electric function.
Truck Covers USA only over rails that stop at the canister lid endcap, and Roll n Lock appears the same way.

Any options other than EGR?
Jeep Gladiator Retractable Bed Cover with full length T-Slots/Tracks? 6672A069-8967-4ED5-9321-FDD834D5D89A
Sponsored

Dragonfly

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mojave, '22 GC Trailhawk 4xe
Occupation
Education
Roll-N-Lock has a retractable with the t-slot available for the Gladiator. It is the M series XT model.
I have not heard how it is holding up in the real world and would like to hear from any present users. I am looking at this one with the Xtrusion overland rack system. Sorry, i missed the rails going all the way (most are limited because of the canister to roll the cover into).
I have reached out to Retrax and they do not have anything in the immediate future for the Gladiator due to the space taken by the fuel filler in the box of the Gladiator)

LordEnzo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Ur next best bet will probably be the Bak x4s. I will probably soon get rid of my upper Decker in favor of this one. Then add an xtrusion rack since they make a bracket for the x4s. Also allows an extra 6-8" of length to the rack.

Browning

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
State Farm Agent
So far so good on my roll n lock. I run a CVT mt shasta on it and so far holding up fine. I don't do a lot of heavy duty rock crawling though.

bwwer.jpg

bswer.jpg

hw43.jpg

aaa3.jpg

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I know you are looking for a retractable vs a roll up, but the BAK Revolver X4s has been awesome with the Xtrusion-Overland rack.
Jeep Gladiator Retractable Bed Cover with full length T-Slots/Tracks? 20220518_155100
Jeep Gladiator Retractable Bed Cover with full length T-Slots/Tracks? 20220206_095325
Jeep Gladiator Retractable Bed Cover with full length T-Slots/Tracks? 20220207_111304

Sponsored

OP
OP

Blindjustice1787

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Are the BAK X4S tracks metal? I am curious about side push-out or longer term issues with weight over time. Do you know if there is a weight limit to the t-tracks?

I am kind of to the point where I wonder if it is possible to add a plate with mounts to the trail rail system that a cover could sit on top of. There are a lot of considerations, but I am worried about exceeding the designed weight capacity and causing failure

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Are the BAK X4S tracks metal? I am curious about side push-out or longer term issues with weight over time. Do you know if there is a weight limit to the t-tracks?

I am kind of to the point where I wonder if it is possible to add a plate with mounts to the trail rail system that a cover could sit on top of. There are a lot of considerations, but I am worried about exceeding the designed weight capacity and causing failure
The tracks are aluminum. I never got an official answer about weight limit on the T-slots. I worked with Xtrusion-Overland on the X4s brackets, and I think they were told it would hold whatever the rack would. 🤣

I haven't had much weight on mine yet, but expecting to start mounting stuff over the next month. Won't need a roof top tent for a while still, so won't be fully loaded.

cgm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Rubicon
I'm also looking for a rolling tonneau with the t slots, but right now we are out of luck. Hopefully something comes out soon. I already have the Yakima Overhaul HD, but the tonneau brackets are still back ordered, so I have time to wait for the tonneau. I just hope I find something by winter.

the Bax Revolver seems good enough... but i feel like a ton of people have reported issues with it. I'd like something more durable.

nickmp13

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Steelworker
I know you are looking for a retractable vs a roll up, but the BAK Revolver X4s has been awesome with the Xtrusion-Overland rack.
Jeep Gladiator Retractable Bed Cover with full length T-Slots/Tracks? 20220207_111304
I’ve been looking at the xtrusion rack. What height did you go with ? Was trying to find the best option to go with for the hard top and soft top. Didn’t want the soft top hitting anything when folded back.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I’ve been looking at the xtrusion rack. What height did you go with ? Was trying to find the best option to go with for the hard top and soft top. Didn’t want the soft top hitting anything when folded back.
I believe mine is a 22" rack, it sits maybe 1" below to high point of the soft top. Plenty of room with the soft top back with it barely touching.
Jeep Gladiator Retractable Bed Cover with full length T-Slots/Tracks? received_457170022721635

Sponsored

nickmp13

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Steelworker
I believe mine is a 22" rack, it sits maybe 1" below to high point of the soft top. Plenty of room with the soft top back with it barely touching.
Jeep Gladiator Retractable Bed Cover with full length T-Slots/Tracks? received_457170022721635
Thanks, I appreciate it.

McDaddy0502

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Mojave from Gupton (Sting Gray)
Has anyone tried the Bak X4s with Yakima outpost towers .. trying to find out if you can fully open the cover with the outpost towers (is there enough clearance)?

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link

Gonpaddelin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator - Overland
So far so good on my roll n lock. I run a CVT mt shasta on it and so far holding up fine. I don't do a lot of heavy duty rock crawling though.

How is it holding up? I had a retrax pro on my tundra and the overhaul racks. I kept the rack when I traded in the tundra, but I was disappointed to learn retrax doesn’t make a retrax for the gladiator. Excited to see this. Would love to hear how it’s worked out?

Browning

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
State Farm Agent
so far it's holding up good. I had the retrax pro on my silverado and also kept the racks.
Sponsored