Sponsored

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I finally got around to installing the retro embossed Jeep badge from Kaos Design and vinyl in matte military green from Pixel Decal.

Took way longer than expected and I still have bubbles around the letters to get out. Gonna let it sit in the sun for a day or so then use a heat gun / poke pinholes to hopefully get the air out. I think the biggest problem with the letters was the soapy water not allowing the vinyl to stick.

Let me know what you think!

Cheers

IMG_3914.jpeg

IMG_3915.jpeg
Sponsored

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
.I still have bubbles around the letters to get out. Gonna let it sit in the sun for a day or so then use a heat gun / poke pinholes to hopefully get the air out. I think the biggest problem with the letters was the soapy water not allowing the vinyl to stick.
Once it has a chance to dry you should be able to overcome that. It’s just the fact the the vinyl has to conform and stretch around those embossed letters so it needs to be dry to finish that part up

OP
OP
TheRealGinjaNinja

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Once it has a chance to dry you should be able to overcome that. It’s just the fact the the vinyl has to conform and stretch around those embossed letters so it needs to be dry to finish that part up
Thanks for confirming! Luckily we will have a string of hot sunny days in the PNW ;-)

I’ll post an update once it’s all done.

Cheers

Max-t

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mojave
Occupation
Retired
If they’re water bubbles they CAN go away on their own. Most plastic and vinyl is very hydrophilic and will let it out. If it’s air… yea poke and press and hope. If ya try to massage them without a hole, you stretch and make ripples in the finished product.

Sponsored

CJ5w4wdSmokyOnMyTail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave JT; 2016 Cherokee
Link to this product? Can't find on Pixel Decals website. Thanks.

Joe_G

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Vette Conv., 03 Harley Heritage Springer
That looks terrific!! Not sure how it solid look on my bright blue but on your green it’s perfect!

jmdusza01

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
RN
I finally got around to installing the retro embossed Jeep badge from Kaos Design and vinyl in matte military green from Pixel Decal.

Took way longer than expected and I still have bubbles around the letters to get out. Gonna let it sit in the sun for a day or so then use a heat gun / poke pinholes to hopefully get the air out. I think the biggest problem with the letters was the soapy water not allowing the vinyl to stick.

Cheers

Jeep Gladiator Retro "Embossed" Jeep Tailgate Badge Installed IMG_3915

It looks great . I installed the same gloss black badge kit and love it. Where did you find the factory color overlay?

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military

Cheers

Is it just the rear tail gate or are there additional pieces to the kit ? Also, would you mind posting some pics of a side view of your JT, would love to see how your tan top looks/fits. Thanks

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
It looks great . I installed the same gloss black badge kit and love it. Where did you find the factory color overlay?
Maybe I am missing it ? What "factory color overlay" are you speaking of ? The factory color is Sarge Green, everything he added appears to be matte green... ?

I've been doing a "where's Waldo" for ten minutes... lol

jmdusza01

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RN
Maybe I am missing it ? What "factory color overlay" are you speaking of ? The factory color is Sarge Green, everything he added appears to be matte green... ?

I've been doing a "where's Waldo" for ten minutes... lol
Did you buy matte sarge green badge from kaos designs?

jmdusza01

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RN
No sir... I was just confused about what you were asking the OP...
Only the black badge was available with matt black kit from Kaos. Where dis you get the color matched kit?