Sponsored

'Retro' Graphics Option?

Divine Kaos

First Name
Lindsay
Threads
Reaction score
Saint John, NB, Canada (Winter Wasteland)
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2000 TJ (in parts), 2012 Civic EX
Occupation
IT Manager
Gotta be honest, I kinda like that it says Gladiator and not Scrambler, but I'm also kind of surprised it says that instead of Rubicon. However my OCD does not like that the decal is not centered on the hood panel.
Either way, I love the option. It looks fantastic. And seeing as how it says Gladiator and not scrambler that leads me to believe yours is the first on here that actually has the Mopar retro graphics and not an aftermarket option.
I 100% agree. I originally walked up to it and said that sticker looks horrendous. I admit, its growing on me now. I think it should be centered and spaced more. I might make up my own copy and see if I can make it look better.
Sponsored

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Thats awesome. What colors are you expecting on the white for retro? Orange/brown maybe?
THey are blue and grey as well. Really was hoping for the orange / yellow, but will live with it i guess

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
So I checked out this website https://yellowbeedesigns.com/ when searching for retro decals. They list their vinyl they use for 7 years. Earlier today I asked a local sign company the quality of what is normally a 7yr rated wrap would be and he told me it was about mid-grade level. That said...the retro look below is listed for $120 and free shipping. Wondering if that seems almost too cheap or quality would be suspect. Anyone use their products?

As well...the photos on this site...look an awfully like the ones created in this thread...

B176B309-31B0-4F34-B1B9-E2A91548EE5C.jpeg

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
So I checked out this website https://yellowbeedesigns.com/ when searching for retro decals. They list their vinyl they use for 7 years. Earlier today I asked a local sign company the quality of what is normally a 7yr rated wrap would be and he told me it was about mid-grade level. That said...the retro look below is listed for $120 and free shipping. Wondering if that seems almost too cheap or quality would be suspect. Anyone use their products?

As well...the photos on this site...look an awfully like the ones created in this thread...

Jeep Gladiator 'Retro' Graphics Option? B176B309-31B0-4F34-B1B9-E2A91548EE5C
Those are my renderings and are being used without my permission so buyer beware.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Sponsored

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
Those are my renderings and are being used without my permission so buyer beware.
Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Thought they looked exactly the same! It looks like they took exact copies and used them as their own. Even plastering their website name on them!!!

SDRockRod

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 WJ, 2020 LE Gladiator
Retro decals installed

C4F16194-AC1C-42F0-A4A8-9B5319C4954E.jpeg

DC8E0B2D-9B43-4023-9C6F-DBC3747A2E81.jpeg
Would you share contact info fo the shop that made your graphics? That’s exactly what I’m looking for. The jeepWorld “SCRAMBLER” text is too small. This text is perfect and I like this stripe design better.

dsgood78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - North Edition
Would you share contact info fo the shop that made your graphics? That’s exactly what I’m looking for. The jeepWorld “SCRAMBLER” text is too small. This text is perfect and I like this stripe design better.
I too would like the vendor!

Sponsored

ExitLeft

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I want to like these retro stripe packages, but what bothers me about them is that the stripes behind the rear tire are higher than the others. It’s not a continuous line front to back. The rear kind of jumps up. To each their own and at first glance these stripes look great, but since I noticed this, it’s all I see now.

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
I want to like these retro stripe packages, but what bothers me about them is that the stripes behind the rear tire are higher than the others. It’s not a continuous line front to back. The rear kind of jumps up. To each their own and at first glance these stripes look great, but since I noticed this, it’s all I see now.
I have the same issue and it triggers my OCD something fierce, but I still love the overall look. Some of the CJ7 Laredo had a stripe that angled up just behind the door and then ran horizontally along the tub. I've thought about pursuing that route whenever I finally can afford my JT. It maintains the Jeep Heritage look but won't mess with my OCD.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I have the same issue and it triggers my OCD something fierce, but I still love the overall look. Some of the CJ7 Laredo had a stripe that angled up just behind the door and then ran horizontally along the tub. I've thought about pursuing that route whenever I finally can afford my JT. It maintains the Jeep Heritage look but won't mess with my OCD.
When mine were on they didn't curve up. I like them either way.
Jeep Gladiator 'Retro' Graphics Option? 20200531_204201

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
When mine were on they didn't curve up. I like them either way.
Jeep Gladiator 'Retro' Graphics Option? 20200531_204201
look at the height of the stripe in front of the flare. Then look at the stripe behind the flare. The rear section of stripe is absolutely higher than the front section. It's not a straight line and that is what both Exitleft and I are referring to. If you drew a straight line from the front part of the stripe across the wheel opening, that line would sit UNDER the rear stripe. It's an OCD thing and unfortunately it bugs me.
Sponsored