First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Need some help seeing which fuses are the best to use, and I'm not sure if any spare slots are hot constant or switched. I've got 3 wires, one for ground, another constant 12v, and the last switched. My kit, the Rexing camera and smart hardware kit that records while parked (for medling kids in my neighborhood that have already damaged my truck once). The taps only have 2A fuses, thanks for looking.
Jeep Gladiator Rexing aftermarket camera wiring - fuse taps wires1

Jeep Gladiator Rexing aftermarket camera wiring - fuse taps wires2

Jeep Gladiator Rexing aftermarket camera wiring - fuse taps fusebox
Sponsored

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Lots of options. For the constant power I go to the battery with either fuse block or inline fuse close to the battery. For the keyed fuse tap you can use the cigarette lighter circuit. For the ground use one of the ground lugs either under hood or in cab. A manufacturer of one of my electrical mods suggested using the cig lighter circuit for the fuse tap.

OP
OP
545moose

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Lots of options. For the constant power I go to the battery with either fuse block or inline fuse close to the battery. For the keyed fuse tap you can use the cigarette lighter circuit. For the ground use one of the ground lugs either under hood or in cab. A manufacturer of one of my electrical mods suggested using the cig lighter circuit for the fuse tap.
Thanks a bunch. I'll use the cig lighter (F52-20A Yellow fuse) for switched, and the ground lug is an easy one. Any ideas what slot is for a constant 12v, maybe a spare slot? I tried to test some with a multimeter and the teenie slot these Micro2 type fuses don't have room to reach the bottom and hit the contacts with the leads I've got.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Don’t know about the constant for a fuse tap. I don’t believe any of the empty fuse locations are wired.

OP
OP
545moose

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
After a short stint installed, she's heading back to China. Camera DOES NOT record when truck is off/parked; which is exactly the purpose I need it for at the moment. Does anyone else have experience with a better product that will suit this purpose?

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Ring has a Dash Cam available now. There are a lot of options out there. Remember, you get what you pay for. Spend the extra money and get a good one.

OP
OP
545moose

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Ring has a Dash Cam available now. There are a lot of options out there. Remember, you get what you pay for. Spend the extra money and get a good one.
Thanks I’ll check that out. Also I see Garmin makes a few and I know they’re reputable. Found another called OwlCam, and it’s 4G LTE enabled and requires a $20/mo subscription but stores all your footage, has 160GB internal, and cool features.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I picked up the Wolfbox G900. Was looking for information on switched fuses. Sounds like the cigarette lighter one is the way to go.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Need some help seeing which fuses are the best to use, and I'm not sure if any spare slots are hot constant or switched. I've got 3 wires, one for ground, another constant 12v, and the last switched. My kit, the Rexing camera and smart hardware kit that records while parked (for medling kids in my neighborhood that have already damaged my truck once). The taps only have 2A fuses, thanks for looking.

Did you end up taking out the original fuse and replacing it with what's pictured? My camera is a little different. A little larger on the prongs. 🤔 Now what?
Jeep Gladiator Rexing aftermarket camera wiring - fuse taps 16809950472656057711046218459011

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
I ended up installing two fuse taps. One in F102 as a always hot, and F52 as switched. I'll have to figure out how to wire in the backup camera set up. From what I understand I have to tap into the reverse circuit so when I put it in reverse it show the lines on the camera. Works perfectly so far.
Sponsored