First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
I will be posting all my updates and build progression at the end of the thread to avoid needing to edit all the time, so check my most recent posts! Some links and stuff might change or expire in older posts, I won't be keeping up with all that. :CWL:

Thanks for checking out the newest rig! I'm Ethan, I am a disabled Army veteran rated at the 100% rate from the VA. I retired in the Spring of 2018 and I'm hoping to live my second life to the fullest! I've had two 2008 JKUs, a 1996 XJ, and currently own a 2018 JLU and a 2020 JT. This build thread and journal are for my adventures with the JT of course, as I travel to awesome places and shows and meet other cool people in the industry.

The majority of my previous Jeeps were stock daily drivers, my XJ had a few simple DIY mods like fender/bumper chops and I gutted the interior and one of my JK builds was sponsored by Rugged Ridge and Dynatrac and I hit some cool trails around the East coast. Before that I used to tear around in some HMMWVs and was an Army certified Master Driving Instructor on top of my daily duties. I've only been wheeling Jeeps since about 2013 but whew have I seen some stuff!

I have partnered up with RealTruck(Truck Hero) for this build, using Rugged Ridge products for the majority of my mods. My friends over at Rugged Ridge know that I'm open and honest about the products I choose for my rig and why, they know that I will support the brands that I think will work BEST for the job, even if that isn't a RealTruck company. With that said, yes, all of these products were provided to me in conjunction with this partnership. We had hoped to debut this truck at SEMA 2020, but when it went virtual and all the hoopla around that we decided to launch it out in Moab for EJS 2021!

Here are the only pictures I have of this thing stock!
Behold a bare bones 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport w/Max Tow, manual locks and windows. I even found this baby on the lot and took it home the same day.

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN noname5

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN w4etyr

^ That second picture is from the North entrance of the Jeep Badge of Honor trail: Peter's Mill Run in Virginia, have you completed it yet? This stock JT took it on like a piece of cake, didn't even shift out of 2WD.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Say goodbye to the baby wheels! The first shipment has arrived.

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN noname6

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN noname55

We were all eyeing up the freight truck that came barreling up the neighborhood, I was actually surprised they made all the turns to get in here! I also got the windows tinted at a small shop down the road. I went with 20% on the back window and 5% on the rear sides, nothing up front. Dang NJ laws.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
First things first, mounted up the Rugged Ridge stubby antenna, front and rear HD bumpers, and RRC Rocker Guards. Also installed the Rugged Ridge Amfib snorkel, I went with only the "low mount" portion - I didn't really like the look of the full height snorkel and at least this is better than nothing at all. The kit closes up the small intake behind the grille (I bet you didn't even know the JT has one of those!) so as long as I'm not spashing up to the cowls I'll be completely dry. Made the mistake of slamming a puddle with my CAI on the old JK and learned reaaaal quick why that's a no no. And wow it's nice having a garage for a change!

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN a1

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN a2

For the front bumper I also added the additional skid plate and the X-Striker overrider bar.
2020 Jeep Gladiator HD Front Bumper | Rugged Ridge
2020 Jeep Gladiator HD Rear Bumper | Rugged Ridge
2020 Jeep Gladiator AmFib Snorkel | Rugged Ridge
2020 Jeep Gladiator Reflex Antenna | Rugged Ridge
2020 Jeep Gladiator D-Ring Shackle | Rugged Ridge
2020 Jeep Gladiator RRC Rocker Guards | Rugged Ridge

Last edited:
OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Finally got the winch on, went with the Rugged Ridge Trekker 12,500lb synthetic line and wireless remote. I used to have the same brand but in 9,500lb strength and I really enjoyed the quality, steel cable scares me so I'm glad synthetics are available. My previous winch used a corded remote, this was a pleasant change!

Also installed a short LED bar behind the grille, I've never seen this setup and I really love how clean it looks when not in use.

2020 Jeep Gladiator 12,500 LB Trekker Winch | Rugged Ridge
2020 Jeep Gladiator 13.5 LED Light Bar | Rugged Ridge
2020 Jeep Gladiator LED Light Grille Mount | Rugged Ridge
2020 Jeep Gladiator Fairlead Accessories | Rugged Ridge

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN z1

^ Spot the fairlead mounted license plate, in love!

Last edited:
OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Still no wheels as of yet, shopping around for a good set of 35"s that look good but also don't make the wife ask too many questions!

Took my first real wheeling trip to AOAA in PA with the New Jersey Jeep Association. Needless to say, learned yet another lesson in aiming my mirrors and using my backup cam. Smashed in the rear tail light and got a flat. :mad:

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN z2

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN z3

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN z4

By the way, the scissor jack BARELY gets this thing off the ground. Ordered an off-brand tractor jack for future use. Or should I get something better?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Today's lesson: Listen to wife. Full coverage saved me from this $3k bill. I never got the full coverage on a vehicle before these new ones. I did manage to get the shop to color match an old Army cooler that I will use for shows.

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 1214201005b_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 1222201050_HDR

^ It's an old Army food container and if my memory serves me right it's stamped 1953 on the front.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Hooked up with Redline Tuning for a set of their JT Hood QuickLIFT System struts. These things are awesome and a blast to play with. I can't stop using them.

2018+ Jeep Wrangler & Gladiator Hood QuickLIFT PLUS (redlinetuning.com)

Also in the pic is a view of the Rugged Ridge Amfib Snorkel from under the hood.
Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN z6

And added an AVS Aeroskin 2 Hood Protector. On my JK I had a Rugged Ridge deflector but the plastic was thin and I'm not sure how effective it actually was. This one is pretty rigid and I like the way they formed the lip on top.

2020 Jeep Gladiator | Aeroskin® II | 2020 Jeep Gladiator (autoventshade.com)
Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN z7

Thanks to Redline Tuning and AVS both for hooking us up!

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Last edited:
OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I ended up not being able to install the wheels right away. The front wheels actually rubbed on the bumper and I was worried about turning. Luckily, Superlift Suspension came through clutch and delivered my 4" lift kit. Complete with Bilstein dual steering stabilizer, Superlift track bar brace, and Fox 2.0 shocks. Yet another local shop taking care of my dirty work.

Thanks Superlift, Fox, and Bilstein for the parts! My heroes. :muscle::jk:

4" Lift Kit 2020-2021 Jeep Gladiator JT | Superlift
Bilstein Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit & Gas Cylinder - 18-21 JL & 20-21 JT | Superlift Suspension

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN z9

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN z10

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN IMG_20210524_202735_548

Full BEAST mode now! Check the new plates!

Last edited:
OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Having friends in the right places... my buddy owns DO Designs in Toms River, NJ. We are doing some matte black vinyl work and custom embroidered headrests. Something about subtle graphics always gets me.

DO designs - Home | Facebook

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN z11

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN z13

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN z14
Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN z12

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
I often search Google and Facebook for upcoming Jeep shows and meets. I had an epiphany one night and realized we can totally enter truck shows! Sooooo I went and well...

Jersey Shore Car Show's "Baddest Ride" award. :like:

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN IMG_20210515_195346_902

Last edited:
OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Here are my bed side swing cases installed from Undercover. They mount pretty easily, keeping in mind that you need to drill 6 half-inch holes on each side. Understandably not everyone's cup of tea. These are removeable if you ever need full bed space (I remove them when getting mulch, etc.) and they actually hold a lot of gear. On the driver side I have all my tie downs, straps, and other things for hauling gear but on the passenger side I have my recovery stuff. That box alone holds a tow strap, a tree saver, 2 D-rings, a snatch block, extra soft shackles, a folding shovel, gloves and a hatchet with tons of room to spare!

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0606211631a_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0606211631b_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0606211631_HDR

Last edited:
OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
So back at the end of March I journeyed across the US to Moab for the Easter Jeep Safari. This was my first time in Utah and my furthest straight drive in the JT. Me and a friend stayed out there for 2 weeks and visited Arches National Park, camped up in Manti-La Sal National Forest, and ran Hell's Revenge/Hell's Gate and Fins n' Things Jeep Badge of Honor trails. This trip was unbelievable and highly recommended for anyone who hasn't yet been there. If you do go, don't let Hell's Gate scare you away! It looks far harder than it actually is.

Some wheeling footage: Wheeling the White Wash Sand Dunes with Truck Hero - YouTube
We met so many awesome folks, Brad of Trail Recon was there, some of the SEMA VIPs came along for a ride, I was even starstruck by the team from Matt's Offroad Recovery. :CWL:

Also on display is my new N-FAB rapid strap tire mount. Again this mod requires drilling 6 half-inch holes in the bed, this thing is going to be Swiss Cheese in no time. I'm currently using a 35" spare here, I decided on putting it into the bed for one main reason; when I get a flat on the trail I'm not trying to get down in the muck and fiddle with that little winch tool. This will keep my back and my sanity intact.
N-Fab Universal Bed Mounted Rapid Strap - Tire Carrier | N-FAB

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0327211427

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0327211408_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0328211339a

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0329211539b

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0328211328

Last edited:
OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Interior mod day!

Put up the Rugged Ridge Eclipse sunshade, grab handles for all 4 doors, a fire extinguisher mount, and the dash bar with cell phone mount. I also have a bicycle handlebar mount for my GoPro on there as well. Basically, this bar allows you to use any accessories labeled for bikes/poles, etc. Quickly bolts on beneath the A Pillar handles, quick tip though - the bar is prone to vibrations. I fixed this by purchasing a small rubber puck at a local hardware store and jamming it between the bar and the dash, sorry I have no idea what it's actually called/used for. You can see it below in the last picture, above the radio screen.

2020 Jeep Gladiator Eclipse Sun Shade | Rugged Ridge
2020 Jeep Gladiator Ultimate Grab Handles | Rugged Ridge
2020 Jeep Gladiator Fire Extinguisher Holder | Rugged Ridge
2020 Jeep Gladiator Dash Bar | Rugged Ridge
2020 Jeep Gladiator Universal Electronics Mount | Rugged Ridge

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0607211032_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0607211031_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0607211031a_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0607211031b_HDR

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up not being able to install the wheels right away. The front wheels actually rubbed on the bumper and I was worried about turning. Luckily, Superlift Suspension came through clutch and delivered my 4" lift kit. Complete with Bilstein dual steering stabilizer, Superlift track bar brace, and Fox 2.0 shocks. Yet another local shop taking care of my dirty work.

Thanks Superlift, Fox, and Bilstein for the parts! My heroes. :muscle::jk:

4" Lift Kit 2020-2021 Jeep Gladiator JT | Superlift
Bilstein Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit & Gas Cylinder - 18-21 JL & 20-21 JT | Superlift Suspension

Full BEAST mode now! Cop the new plates! Haha.
The more I look at this bumper, the more I like it. Full width, but plenty of tire clearance. I like the push bar set up as well, protects the winch nicely it looks like. Any down sides to it, that you've encountered?
Sponsored