Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Disabled Military Retired
@Benbean66

I really love this bumper. I used to have the Rugged Ridge XHD series front bumper on my JK, which had interchangeable end caps to convert from stubby to full width as needed. The difference and reason I went full width here is that I had huge steel fenders on that JK. On this truck I actually enjoy the look of the stock fenders with the lights and such - so I opted for full width to give them a little protection from underneath. I have already hit a tree on a tight trail with it, so good choice! Haha.

As for the "X-Striker" style bar, it's more so just a brush guard if you were to compare it to a stinger. It won't help you climb anything or kickstand you if you go end over end. As far as downsides, no. My only follow up would be to sleeve the small curved rod that the winch can clip onto, wrap it with shrink tube or rope or something. It rubs the powdercoat so I have had to hit it with spray paint to clean it up again and prevent rust.

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0607211243_HDR

Also, it does come with lift points for your jack. On the rear bumper they are positioned perfectly with no obstructions but on the front since they are directly beneath the built in tow hooks the jack doesn't go in all the way. It still worked, but I would like to see them move the hole to the inside by an inch.

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0607211243a_HDR
Sponsored

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
@Benbean66

I really love this bumper. I used to have the Rugged Ridge XHD series front bumper on my JK, which had interchangeable end caps to convert from stubby to full width as needed. The difference and reason I went full width here is that I had huge steel fenders on that JK. On this truck I actually enjoy the look of the stock fenders with the lights and such - so I opted for full width to give them a little protection from underneath. I have already hit a tree on a tight trail with it, so good choice! Haha.

As for the "X-Striker" style bar, it's more so just a brush guard if you were to compare it to a stinger. It won't help you climb anything or kickstand you if you go end over end. As far as downsides, no. My only follow up would be to sleeve the small curved rod that the winch can clip onto, wrap it with shrink tube or rope or something. It rubs the powdercoat so I have had to hit it with spray paint to clean it up again and prevent rust.

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0601211833a_HDR

Also, it does come with lift points for your jack. On the rear bumper they are positioned perfectly with no obstructions but on the front since they are directly beneath the built in tow hooks the jack doesn't go in all the way. It still worked, but I would like to see them move the hole to the inside by an inch.

@Benbean66

Great information. I appreciate your input. I see what you mean about the jacking points. And I like the winch cable loop. My OCD has always had an issue with winch cables going off to one side, haha!

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
'Tis the season Jeep fam! The gap between EJS and the rest of the year is my biggest, and now it's finally time to hit the road again. If I pass your way on my travels I would love to know, hit me up. :rock:

Upcoming:

June 11-12 Slippery Rock, PA (Bantam Fest)
June 13 Willamsburg, VA
June 14 Morning: Fayetteville, NC. Evening: Savannah, GA
June 18 Ocala National Forest, FL (Jeep Badge Trail)
June 19 Peter's Mill Run, VA (Jeep Badge Trail)
June 26 Cherry Hill, NJ
July 9-11 Wildwood, NJ

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN gogeter

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Well I'm nice and sunburnt from Bantam! Now making my way down to VA for some two-wheel action. 2007 Suzuki DRZ 400 in the bed, and pretty much no sag at all.

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN IMG_20210611_201649_096

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0611211044a_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0613211954_HDR

Last edited:

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Well I'm nice and sunburnt from Bantam! Haha. I did manage to pick up a soft shackle finally, tired of spray painting my bumper mounts.

Now making my way down to VA for some two-wheel action.

2007 Suzuki DRZ 400

I checked out your rig a few times as my GF and I made our "laps", lol. Looked great in person!

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Thanks! Sorry we never met up in person, was quite a hot and busy weekend out there. Haha. I'm finally home and counted that we've been through 9 states in the past week travelling up the coast! This also included my first ever stop in Savannah, GA. What an amazing place. :rock:

We stayed at the Eliza Thompson House, I highly recommend it. Breakfast was perfect.

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN IMG_20210614_203102_175

On the way I visited Virginia's "Peter's Mill Run" Jeep Badge of Honor trail again. This was my second time running it, but finally made it after a rainstorm. It was a ton more fun with wet ground and some of my friends along with me. We did hear that unfortunately a rig behind us slid off the side of the trail and onto its side. This is a pretty easy trail, not sure how that happened. Stay vigilant!

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0620211505a_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0620211641a_HDR

Last edited:
OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Last week we also ventured down to Florida to visit some old friends and of course took a day to see Busch Gardens. Hopefully next time I can go to Galaxy's Edge at Disney, they were all booked up! :mad:

The Florida Jeep Badge of Honor trail "Tread Lightly! Four Wheel Drive Way" is an actual trail. I was under the assumption it was just a series of fire trails in the woods and any of them earned the badge. I suppose it still is, but when you visit the ranger map/sign does have a highlighted trail to follow. I did a smooth out and back on the main line of the trail which was wide enough and made of varying soft sand and hard packed sand. I did need to engage 4WD in a couple spots where I dug in a bit but otherwise smooth sailing. The side trails that dart off in every direction are tight! Be ready for pinstriping.

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0618211642

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0618211612a_HDR

An amazing thing about this trail is that there is a freaking bombing range on its East side. I got lucky and two jets were doing bombing and strafing runs while I was there. I wasn't able to get a decent picture of the little mushroom clouds but the sound of the guns and watching the planes was a thrill to remember.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Jeep featured! Signed away the rights to this photo from EJS and have already been told it was spotted in a dealership in Arizona!

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN Screenshot_20210627-203443

Last edited:
OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Spent the weekend with Truck Hero and Rugged Ridge in Wildwood. Installed the all new JT roof rack from Rugged Ridge, releasing later this year!

I also got 4 of the Rugged Ridge LED Cube Lights mounted up but it started raining, will try to take care of all the wiring tomorrow.

2020 Jeep Gladiator 3 LED Cube Lights | Rugged Ridge

As a little hidden gift to those of you following this thread, enjoy 20% off ruggedridge.com and free shipping with code: INVASION until July 23rd. :like: :jk:

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0711210807b

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0711210807_HDR

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN IMG_20210711_084250_054

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Additional rear shot, and yes the front panels can still come off easily!

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0710210921a_HDR

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Too lazy to mess with my cell phone camera settings for night but got everything wired up. :CWL:

Aux 1 lights my two center led cubes and the led bar in my grille, Aux 3 lights the amber cubes, Aux 4 is the rock lights. I need to find some goodies to hook up to Aux 2...

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rock Light Kit | Rugged Ridge

Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0712212155_HDR
Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0712212213a_HDR
Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0712212214_HDR
Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0712212215_HDR
Jeep Gladiator Rig Journal - Ethan / GOCAMPN 0712212215b_HDR

Last edited:

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I ended up not being able to install the wheels right away. The front wheels actually rubbed on the bumper and I was worried about turning. Luckily, Superlift Suspension came through clutch and delivered my 4" lift kit. Complete with Bilstein dual steering stabilizer, Superlift track bar brace, and Fox 2.0 shocks. Yet another local shop taking care of my dirty work.

Thanks Superlift, Fox, and Bilstein for the parts! My heroes. :muscle::jk:

4" Lift Kit 2020-2021 Jeep Gladiator JT | Superlift
Bilstein Dual Steering Stabilizer Kit & Gas Cylinder - 18-21 JL & 20-21 JT | Superlift Suspension

Full BEAST mode now! Cop the new plates! Haha.
How are you liking the superlift kit? I've been eyeing it.

OP
OP
GOCAMPN

GOCAMPN

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
@glassjawkid32 I love it. My previous JKU had a cheap leveling kit and my friend's old springs so this is the first real lift I've ever experienced.

When I first got it I had the shock relocation brackets instead of new shocks and it felt very floaty/loose on the highway, it was easy to get pushed around. When I finally got the shocks all of that went away and it feels great, so I do not recommend the relocation brackets. The Bilstein dual steering stabilizer looks and feels awesome and holds well with my 35"s.

Overall it is one of my favorite lift options, the quality so far has been perfect and Superlift is a company I trust thanks to their customer service and warranty. I will mention that the kit has extended sway bar links, but not quick disconnects so you'll need to add those if you want that feature. I recommend this set from Apex:
https://www.apexdesignsusa.com/collections/all/products/autolynx-sway-bar-disconnect

glassjawkid32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
@glassjawkid32 I love it. My previous JKU had a cheap leveling kit and my friend's old springs so this is the first real lift I've ever experienced.

When I first got it I had the shock relocation brackets instead of new shocks and it felt very floaty/loose on the highway, it was easy to get pushed around. When I finally got the shocks all of that went away and it feels great, so I do not recommend the relocation brackets. The Bilstein dual steering stabilizer looks and feels awesome and holds well with my 35"s.

Overall it is one of my favorite lift options, the quality so far has been perfect and Superlift is a company I trust thanks to their customer service and warranty. I will mention that the kit has extended sway bar links, but not quick disconnects so you'll need to add those if you want that feature. I recommend this set from Apex:
https://www.apexdesignsusa.com/collections/all/products/autolynx-sway-bar-disconnect
Awesome thanks for the info. I was looking for a kit with brackets to get byfor a bit. The truck is already pretty floaty on the sport shocks is it that much worse? I'll probably use them for a few months.
Sponsored