Road noise with soft top?

BobBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Could I ask what your next steps will be. I have the same issue.[/QUOTEIn my email
My next step will be to contact the NHTSA and report it as a safety issue which I think it is. Also, one of our local TV stations loves to pursue auto related issues that the dealers/manufacturers will not correct. I may be in contact with them if I don't get a resolution in the next week. I'd love to take a TV reporter with a camera and decibel meter down I-95 at 85 MPH. That would make a great story. I'll keep everyone updated in case I need some support from other owners. I have to make another drive to Miami on Jan. 6 and I really want this corrected by then.
Sponsored

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
What is insurance chip reporting.
speed, how hard you break and what time and how much you drive. considering i do not drive the jeep like a maniac i decided to put it on for discount...

WDM215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lincoln Mark LT, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm glad you have a dealership that actually cares about their customers. Keep us updated. I've sent an email to MOPAR customer service complaining about my dealership along with some ideas about my next actions if they don't resolve the issue.
Clearly they didn't actually drive the vehicle over 80mph. There is not a shot that anyone could hear that noise and turn around and say everything is fine. It truly does hurt the ears and is not right at all to let people suffer with this noise. I have attached a copy of the work order from my dealership. Maybe you can show it to your dealer in hopes they will actually drive it this time and help you. Good luck and I will keep everyone informed once the new one arrives and is installed.

fullsizeoutput_1293.jpeg

kostik76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Clearly they didn't actually drive the vehicle over 80mph. There is not a shot that anyone could hear that noise and turn around and say everything is fine. It truly does hurt the ears and is not right at all to let people suffer with this noise. I have attached a copy of the work order from my dealership. Maybe you can show it to your dealer in hopes they will actually drive it this time and help you. Good luck and I will keep everyone informed once the new one arrives and is installed.

fullsizeoutput_1293.jpeg
is it premium top or regular one?

Sponsored

ZTMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2016 JKU WW
My next step will be to contact the NHTSA and report it as a safety issue which I think it is. Also, one of our local TV stations loves to pursue auto related issues that the dealers/manufacturers will not correct. I may be in contact with them if I don't get a resolution in the next week. I'd love to take a TV reporter with a camera and decibel meter down I-95 at 85 MPH. That would make a great story. I'll keep everyone updated in case I need some support from other owners. I have to make another drive to Miami on Jan. 6 and I really want this corrected by then.
Why are you guys driving so fast?

Reactions: BAT

BobBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

fullsizeoutput_1293.jpeg
Found this on another thread and emailed to my dealership. They are going to take another look at the issue. Other pic is my temporary fix as I have to make another trip tomorrow.

fca.jpg

IMG_20200105_170309.jpg

WDM215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found this on another thread and emailed to my dealership. They are going to take another look at the issue. Other pic is my temporary fix as I have to make another trip tomorrow.

fca.jpg

IMG_20200105_170309.jpg
Good fix, I saw one on You Tube who used an adjustable tripod. Dealer says my new top should be into or tomorrow and I cannot wait to get it installed and see if that fixes this.

BobBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good fix, I saw one on You Tube who used an adjustable tripod. Dealer says my new top should be into or tomorrow and I cannot wait to get it installed and see if that fixes this.
Just drove 4 hours down I-95 and fix worked. I'll be seeing my dealership when I get back home. Hopefully they already ordered a new top. I saw the tripod idea too, that's why I tried my fix.

Rex3rd

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Pontiac GTO

fca.jpg

IMG_20200105_170309.jpg
That's a pretty good idea. I'm still thinking of a soft top just the basic one to save money but all the bad stuff about them makes me not want one. Fun fact...only 5% of jts being sold are softop. Pretty cool

Sponsored

WDM215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just drove 4 hours down I-95 and fix worked. I'll be seeing my dealership when I get back home. Hopefully they already ordered a new top. I saw the tripod idea too, that's why I tried my fix.
I finally got the new top put on and it fixed the problem. I was doing 85 on the PA Turnpike for a few miles this morning with only the normal soft top noise. I will upload a picture of the repair order from my dealership shortly. They did not replace the entire structure, only put new fabric on... but it did the trick.

BobBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finally got the new top put on and it fixed the problem. I was doing 85 on the PA Turnpike for a few miles this morning with only the normal soft top noise. I will upload a picture of the repair order from my dealership shortly. They did not replace the entire structure, only put new fabric on... but it did the trick.
I just got mine back late this afternoon after 3 days at the dealership to replace the top. I'm glad to hear that the new top fixes the problem. They only put the new fabric on mine, too. It took an extra day because the new top didn't have the black rivets to attach it and they had to order them. Note to anyone else getting this done, make sure they order the rivets too.

WDM215

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got mine back late this afternoon after 3 days at the dealership to replace the top. I'm glad to hear that the new top fixes the problem. They only put the new fabric on mine, too. It took an extra day because the new top didn't have the black rivets to attach it and they had to order them. Note to anyone else getting this done, make sure they order the rivets too.
Same deal... extra day because of the rivets.

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
I experienced a noise on a couple of demos I drove, one was a flapping right past the windshield frame and the other was a rattle, Even the salesman was like "what the hell is that!"

My second experience was with a couple that had one as a rental, they were not happy as they complained of the noise it made while driving down the highway, they were in WTF mode,

I have bought a LE Rubicon and it didn't come with a soft top, actively looking to get one,

and actually this is my first post and one of my concerns, since I had a 12' Rubicon JKU and used to drive it from Virginia to Florida 2-3 times a year with the wife and the never complained or top noise, and our other cars are a BMW and Audi, so no road/wind noise there,

and this is my first post, enjoy the site!

jmdwifi

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Wireless Network engineer, Drummer of WOLF LEGION
Vehicle Showcase
If mine was built this past October, does that mean it has the shorter top? The reason I'm asking is because it always sounds like a window is down. I had a soft top on my last jeep and I know jeeps are not quiet, but I keep checking to see if one of the passenger windows is down a bit. That is the noise it makes. I don't think it's the same as others are experiencing and maybe it's normal. Opinions?
Sponsored