Not open for further replies.

fitchottie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU
Factory is kinda squishy for sure, the nice thing with multi rate coils is that you can design into the coil where you want the transition to take place from one rate to the next. We maintain a stock like ride, although a little more firm, and plan for the transition to take place with about 200# in the bed.

Describing ride quality is challenging and I find it easiest to describe in ways that people are familiar with. If you've ever driven a honda or a toyota, you know they're soft and squishy, if you compared that to something German like a Volkswagen or Audi, we are much more in the VW/Audi area.
I like German ride, like audi and Porsche... Thank you
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
I like German ride, like audi and Porsche... Thank you
Me too, my father was, still is, an amateur Porsche club racer and we do a ton of track events with his cars. I prefer German ride quality over most others.

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any time frame for the release of the Long Arm 3.5" kits? Thanks!

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have any time frame for the release of the Long Arm 3.5" kits? Thanks!
Not yet. If you want to front half long arm, our JL stuff will fit. For the rear half, we are still trying to decide what direction it is going. Do we go triangulated? do we stick with our "normal" independent 3 link rear? what will people use the JT for the most that we need to gear towards? We will be unveiling something pretty cool for JT's at the Off Road Expo in Pomona on the 28th/29th of this month, it's something we have been working on for a long time and managed to keep under wraps but it will be very very cool for the JT.

Edit: for those who aren't going to be in SoCal that weekend, we will be sure to post pictures when it's time.

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Not yet. If you want to front half long arm, our JL stuff will fit. For the rear half, we are still trying to decide what direction it is going. Do we go triangulated? do we stick with our "normal" independent 3 link rear? what will people use the JT for the most that we need to gear towards? We will be unveiling something pretty cool for JT's at the Off Road Expo in Pomona on the 28th/29th of this month, it's something we have been working on for a long time and managed to keep under wraps but it will be very very cool for the JT.

Edit: for those who aren't going to be in SoCal that weekend, we will be sure to post pictures when it's time.
We are going to try and make it up to Pomona to say hello and check out all your new products. Thanks!

Joe

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are going to try and make it up to Pomona to say hello and check out all your new products. Thanks!

Joe
We will have 2 JT's in the booth. Plus a JLUR, a 2019 Ram 2500, 2019 Ranger and a long travel Toyota

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘00 LR Disco II, ‘17 Toyota Sienna
@Rock Krawler Suspension there was a thread in the tires section that got me thinking. The website specifies that you require a max of 4.5” of backspacing to fit 37’s on a Rubicon. This is the first time I’m going this big so I’m having a hard time getting my head wrapped around this.

The AEV lift (on the JL), for instance, uses factory control arms, and they’re using a +25mm offset wheel (about 5.77” of BS).

Your lift has kinked control arms for more tire clearance, but you’re speccing over an inch less offset to fit the tires.

I was wondering if you could take a picture at full lock of the tire to control arm clearance, and provide the wheel specs you’re running.

I’d really like to stay at a positive offset, because I’m not a huge fan of the tires sticking way out. For one, it would preclude me from ever taking the Jeep to Europe without running some ridiculously wide fenders (I’m Military, so it’s a possibility.)

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our JT is out with one of the owners at the moment, should be in around 1PM today so I can grab pictures then.

Our arms are not bent for tire clearance, they are bent for ground clearance, OEM control arms have a totally different bend profile. AEV uses drop brackets for caster correction, on a wheel base as long as the JT, they will be points of hangup if the Jeep does much of anything offroad.

I was military for 6 years, I know that potential.

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Our JT is out with one of the owners at the moment, should be in around 1PM today so I can grab pictures then.

Our arms are not bent for tire clearance, they are bent for ground clearance, OEM control arms have a totally different bend profile. AEV uses drop brackets for caster correction, on a wheel base as long as the JT, they will be points of hangup if the Jeep does much of anything offroad.

I was military for 6 years, I know that potential.
Oh definitely with you on the drop brackets. Not a huge fan of their setup for my intended use.

I appreciate the feedback!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh definitely with you on the drop brackets. Not a huge fan of their setup for my intended use.

I appreciate the feedback!
He came in early, This ia a Nitto Trail Grappler 38x13.50x20 on a Black Rhino 20x9.5 with 4.54 back space On a Rubicon. Could you cheat the back space rules a little? Sure, but our advertised number is the safe spot.

Also, I held the wheel at full left while taking the picture and steering stops have not been adjusted on this jeep.

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He came in early, This ia a Nitto Trail Grappler 38x13.50x20 on a Black Rhino 20x9.5 with 4.54 back space On a Rubicon. Could you cheat the back space rules a little? Sure, but our advertised number is the safe spot.

Also, I held the wheel at full left while taking the picture and steering stops have not been adjusted on this jeep.

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg
Thank you so much @Rock Krawler Suspension !!

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg
@Rock Krawler Suspension I love that wheel but seems like everyone and their brother is using either Fuel/BR/Method wheels. I cant fault them at all for those choices, it is however, the main reason I went a different route. Still a great looking profile. Damn sexy. Trying to narrow down my choices for my Sport with Max Tow and righjt now its either yours or the JKS kit.

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Rock Krawler Suspension I love that wheel but seems like everyone and their brother is using either Fuel/BR/Method wheels. I cant fault them at all for those choices, it is however, the main reason I went a different route. Still a great looking profile. Damn sexy. Trying to narrow down my choices for my Sport with Max Tow and righjt now its either yours or the JKS kit.
Those wheels have become very common, no doubt there.

I haven't driven anyone else's JT kits yet so I don't know what those offerings look like. I do know that dual rate rear coils are a step down from stock coils as the factory coils are Triple Rate, tested both on our dyno and our spring manufacturer's dyno.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Those wheels have become very common, no doubt there.

I haven't driven anyone else's JT kits yet so I don't know what those offerings look like. I do know that dual rate rear coils are a step down from stock coils as the factory coils are Triple Rate, tested both on our dyno and our spring manufacturer's dyno.
If I got the X Factor Mid Arm instead of the Stage 1, are the generic shock measurements you provided are the specs required for any shock we use? I hope that question made sense. Additionally, if we went with other shocks is there anything else we would need or that's missing from the Stage 1 kit versus the regular mid arm kit?

Generic Front Shock Length 17.8" Collapsed/ 29.3" Maximum Extended
Generic Rear Shock Length 17" Collapsed/ 29" Maximum Extended
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.