Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
If I got the X Factor Mid Arm instead of the Stage 1, are the generic shock measurements you provided are the specs required for any shock we use? I hope that question made sense. Additionally, if we went with other shocks is there anything else we would need or that's missing from the Stage 1 kit versus the regular mid arm kit?

Generic Front Shock Length 17.8" Collapsed/ 29.3" Maximum Extended
Generic Rear Shock Length 17" Collapsed/ 29" Maximum Extended
Any kit without our shocks also does not include bump stop extensions so you'll need to add them in as well. Beyond that, everything is the same
Sponsored

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
Any kit without our shocks also does not include bump stop extensions so you'll need to add them in as well. Beyond that, everything is the same
Thanks. So shock must fall within your generic shock specs?

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
We will be unveiling something pretty cool for JT's at the Off Road Expo in Pomona on the 28th/29th of this month, it's something we have been working on for a long time and managed to keep under wraps but it will be very very cool for the JT.

Edit: for those who aren't going to be in SoCal that weekend, we will be sure to post pictures when it's time.[/QUOTE]

WEEELLLL?!?!?! What was it?

Sponsored

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
We will be unveiling something pretty cool for JT's at the Off Road Expo in Pomona on the 28th/29th of this month, it's something we have been working on for a long time and managed to keep under wraps but it will be very very cool for the JT.

Edit: for those who aren't going to be in SoCal that weekend, we will be sure to post pictures when it's time.
WEEELLLL?!?!?! What was it?[/QUOTE]

I was up there and saw a Gladiator with Triangulated Rear Suspension. I am waiting to hear back on the details and pricing.

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was up there and saw a Gladiator with Triangulated Rear Suspension. I am waiting to hear back on the details and pricing.[/QUOTE]

So that's new to me is that better for articulation or better for towing? I have been pretty set on the RK 3" X-Factor for off road capability and a stiffer, more solid ride while pulling a camper...so is a triangulated rear better or worse for towing? TEACH ME SOMETHIN!

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
I was up there and saw a Gladiator with Triangulated Rear Suspension. I am waiting to hear back on the details and pricing.
[/QUOTE]So that's new to me is that better for articulation or better for towing? I have been pretty set on the RK 3" X-Factor for off road capability and a stiffer, more solid ride while pulling a camper...so is a triangulated rear better or worse for towing? TEACH ME SOMETHIN![/QUOTE]

The triangulated system does not use a panhard bar so the axles position is maintained by the upper triangulated links instead. For towing I would expect a standard 4 link with panhard bar would be the most stable with towing at capacity.

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's what i figured. Thanks!

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
WEEELLLL?!?!?! What was it?
I was up there and saw a Gladiator with Triangulated Rear Suspension. I am waiting to hear back on the details and pricing.[/QUOTE]
It was unfortunate that the person i talked to really did not seem to know that much about the lift. I only want a 2.5 lift for moderate off roading this system could be over kill for me.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
It was unfortunate that the person i talked to really did not seem to know that much about the lift. I only want a 2.5 lift for moderate off roading this system could be over kill for me.
Sorry about that, A couple of the guys with us had never been to a show anything like Pomona before. One of the guys is a sales rep who works on the road and hadn't seen the system in person until Friday setup at the show. Jeremy and myself were there and I wish we could have caught up with you. Jeremy was the engineer behind that setup and I did the first install, and 2nd and 3rd lol.

The big issue that we see in JT rear setup is the huge difference in length between the rear upper and lower arms. The massive length difference cause a ton of pinion angle change throughout suspension cycle and diminishes ride quality. Add to that the lateral movement of the axle from the track bar and the rear of a stock configuration JT just doesn't ride very well. The triangulated setup brings upper and lower arms within a 1/2" of each other and really, honestly, generates a fantastic ride. The bracket is currently being tested and will be publicly available very soon.

LeftCoast32

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sting Grey
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, that was what I wanted to hear.

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Sorry about that, A couple of the guys with us had never been to a show anything like Pomona before. One of the guys is a sales rep who works on the road and hadn't seen the system in person until Friday setup at the show. Jeremy and myself were there and I wish we could have caught up with you. Jeremy was the engineer behind that setup and I did the first install, and 2nd and 3rd lol.

The big issue that we see in JT rear setup is the huge difference in length between the rear upper and lower arms. The massive length difference cause a ton of pinion angle change throughout suspension cycle and diminishes ride quality. Add to that the lateral movement of the axle from the track bar and the rear of a stock configuration JT just doesn't ride very well. The triangulated setup brings upper and lower arms within a 1/2" of each other and really, honestly, generates a fantastic ride. The bracket is currently being tested and will be publicly available very soon.
Sorry I'm not very good with technical stuff. Is this the reason why people (including myself) experience the wanders on highways? Are you saying your product will not only eliminate this, but make the ride smoother?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
The Rock Krawler X Factor 3” suspension lift is what I’m going with very shortly.

I spoke to the RK crew as they were driving cross country back from the Pomona, CA show and I’m convinced this is the way to go.

I’ll be adding their bump stops and I’m still looking at shocks and my $$$ budget. Shocks are critical to the vehicle’s performance on and off road.

I had planned on going with the Mopar lift but there’s no point spending that money for a just-ok lift when I can do far better with the Rock Krawler X Factor suspension lift with better (likely adjustable shocks)!

I can’t wait to get it on my JTR with 37’s!

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Team RK, I’m told I should run -18 BS on my Black Rhino 18 x 9.5” wheels on my JT Rubicon with 37 x 13.5 tires. Is that correct?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.