Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 JT Rubi, 2020 JT Sport Hemi Swap, 2021 JT Rubi Diesel
You should come out with a Chevy Colorado ZR2 kit to compete with BDS. We'd run one on our Company 2020 Bison build :like:
We have been spitballing that truck for a while. We will probably devote some engineering time into that platform late 2020, early 2021.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
What sizes of crows feet wrenches are needed?
I have a lot of tools but I might not have the larger sizes needed.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
What sizes of crows feet wrenches are needed?
I have a lot of tools but I might not have the larger sizes needed.
I have a Tekton 14 piece Crowfoot wrench set 1/2" drive SAE and it worked for me. I believe they sell on Amazon.

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Granite Crystal. Black Freedom Top & Fenders. Rock Krawler 3” Pro-X No limits Lift,
We have been spitballing that truck for a while. We will probably devote some engineering time into that platform late 2020, early 2021.
We did that a lot to one of our teachers in grade school. :devil:
Spent lots of time getting to know our principle afterwards. :whew:

upload_2020-1-24_7-9-30.gif

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another question......
What size are the rear coil springs? My order shows them as being 3” (RK07328). I thought they were updated to 4” springs?
The production kits have always been a 3" kit, which raises the front roughly 3 3/8" and rear 3"

Duke56

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The production kits have always been a 3" kit, which raises the front roughly 3 3/8" and rear 3"
I meant to say diameter. The rear spring is a larger 4" diameter?
Also 4WP is showing Part #: RK07460 and RK07328 as being part of my kit which does not include the seats.
Shouldn't those part numbers should have a K at the end of them according to the RK site. (RK07460) and RK07328K)

OP
OP
Rock Krawler Suspension

Rock Krawler Suspension

First Name
Tech Support
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I meant to say diameter. The rear spring is a larger 4" diameter?
Also 4WP is showing Part #: RK07460 and RK07328 as being part of my kit which does not include the seats.
Shouldn't those part numbers should have a K at the end of them according to the RK site. (RK07460) and RK07328K)
The spring seats will be in your kit box, not in the boxes with the springs, those part numbers are correct.

Sponsored

motorod

First Name
JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR Bright White
Quick question for anyone who received a no limits version. I received my sway bar links and noticed the bodies were different lengths, maybe a quarter to half an inch, is that normal? I’m not sure what to make of it as I can adjust them to the appropriate length of 11 inches as recommended, it may just be an odd mix of versions of the part. Should I be concerned with strength of the links/jam threading? I plan on starting this install soon, I’ll probably run with it for now and ask RK next week.

Relentless_Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JTR
Occupation
Fabricator
Got my Evo brake lines yesterday and took the time at the end of the day today finishing up at work to get them installed and swap to my Falcon rear shocks, then forklift flexed it in the back lot to check all my clearances. Should I have any concern for the full compression of the front coils at flex/bottom out? Still had another 3/4" of shock travel as pictured, couldnt tell if the bump stops were being hit yet. I used 2 of the front bump stop spacers after measuring shock travel vs bump stop location, didnt expect the coils to compress to bind first. Also had to extend the rear sway bar links another 3/4", they were basically pulling straight at 13" at full droop which I didn't like.

IMG_6086 2.JPG

IMG_2618.JPG

IMG_4333.JPG
IMG_4438.JPG

rear all looked good at full flex. measured 32" under the lowest point of the tire at full flex lifting either front or rear. Solid articulation, was hoping to see a full 3ft but oh well.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Got my Evo brake lines yesterday and took the time at the end of the day today finishing up at work to get them installed and swap to my Falcon rear shocks, then forklift flexed it in the back lot to check all my clearances. Should I have any concern for the full compression of the front coils at flex/bottom out? Still had another 3/4" of shock travel as pictured, couldnt tell if the bump stops were being hit yet. I used 2 of the front bump stop spacers after measuring shock travel vs bump stop location, didnt expect the coils to compress to bind first. Also had to extend the rear sway bar links another 3/4", they were basically pulling straight at 13" at full droop which I didn't like.

IMG_6086 2.JPG

IMG_2618.JPG

IMG_4333.JPG
IMG_4438.JPG

rear all looked good at full flex. measured 32" under the lowest point of the tire at full flex lifting either front or rear. Solid articulation, was hoping to see a full 3ft but oh well.
RK recommends 3 bump stop spacers up front.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Quick question for anyone who received a no limits version. I received my sway bar links and noticed the bodies were different lengths, maybe a quarter to half an inch, is that normal? I’m not sure what to make of it as I can adjust them to the appropriate length of 11 inches as recommended, it may just be an odd mix of versions of the part. Should I be concerned with strength of the links/jam threading? I plan on starting this install soon, I’ll probably run with it for now and ask RK next week.
I will measure mine tomorrow.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@Rock Krawler Suspension, my rear spring seats are different than the ones in the instructions and from what i see others here have. Are there two different styles? The ones in the instructions that are different than mine look to support and hold the bottom of the rear springs better.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.