Roof removal

20GladRubi

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I finally took my t tops off for the first time. I have a question about the storage bag. What are the two rubber pieces in the pouch used for. I tried to figure it out and found nothing. Can someone please help me. Thanks for the info.

CJ

0CD9A03B-0742-4723-A465-B7204FAC6631.jpeg
Sponsored

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Dont have a freedom top but believe those are to protect the panels when you put them in the bag. One goes on the end of each side with the panels stacked than slide them into the bag. Someone will correct if I am wrong.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I finally took my t tops off for the first time. I have a question about the storage bag. What are the two rubber pieces in the pouch used for. I tried to figure it out and found nothing. Can someone please help me. Thanks for the info.

CJ

0CD9A03B-0742-4723-A465-B7204FAC6631.jpeg
They are for when you take off the hard top back section. They go on each front/bottom corner so that when the top tips forward, like it will naturally do, it will do that on the rubber with it's angle cut keeping you from chipping the corner.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Dont have a freedom top but believe those are to protect the panels when you put them in the bag. One goes on the end of each side with the panels stacked than slide them into the bag. Someone will correct if I am wrong.
No it is not for the T-top part it is to protect the corners on the one pc hard top back, when you take it off and set it on the ground it will tip forward and if you don't put the corner pc on each bottom corner of the top it will tip on the black painted corner and chip it. The rubber pc has an angle on it that is what the corner sits on when you set the top down on the ground.

Sponsored

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
No it is not for the T-top part it is to protect the corners on the one pc hard top back, when you take it off and set it on the ground it will tip forward and if you don't put the corner pc on each bottom corner of the top it will tip on the black painted corner and chip it. The rubber pc has an angle on it that is what the corner sits on when you set the top down on the ground.
Thats actually pretty good planning - Better than any hardtop accessory previously - other than hanging it.

Bobcat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator LE firecracker red
Just took my top off today and read this. Very helpful.
Sponsored