Sponsored

Rough Country .75 inch Spacers vs Teraflex 1 inch Spacers

LSUonyx09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
Hi all - I purchased a 2021 80th Anniversary edition awhile back and want to put a leveling kit on it soon. I am only looking to level the front with the back. I do not want the front to become higher than the back though. I found the RC .75 inch coil spacers for only $30 which seems like a good deal and they claim to level the front with the back. I have also read people saying the Terfalex 1.5 inch performance spacer is the way to go for a simple leveling kit. What do you all recommend?Would just using the 1 inch Teraflex level the front with the back? Please share any experiences and pictures you may have. Thanks
Sponsored

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
I'd suggest deciding what optional equipment will live in the bed first. For example, hard tonneau covers tend to be heavy, and so is a Hi-Lift jack.

Happycoop

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I'd suggest deciding what optional equipment will live in the bed first. For example, hard tonneau covers tend to be heavy, and so is a Hi-Lift jack.
I would agree...minus the hi-lift. A 48' hi-lift weighs less than 30 lbs IIRC...I wouldn't think that is enough to matter at all.

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Park on level ground, then measure the distance from the ground to the pinch weld just behind the front tire.
Then measure the distance from the ground to the pinch weld just in front of the rear tire.
The difference in height is how much you need to level it. It should be close to 1.5” on the 80A, at least mine is.
But be mindful as mentioned of things you may load the bed with or if you’re going to tow. That will make it squat when loaded up.

jmy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
Occupation
Attorney
Here is my 80th Anniversary with a .75 front spacer only for reference.

Jeep Gladiator Rough Country .75 inch Spacers vs Teraflex 1 inch Spacers C04F8A58-CF30-460C-B506-88741770BEC0
Jeep Gladiator Rough Country .75 inch Spacers vs Teraflex 1 inch Spacers 731B3D5A-821D-4CC9-8B47-286C7C7578DE

Sponsored

OP
OP

LSUonyx09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the responses everyone. @jmy do you feel just the 3/4th lift leveled it well? Have you been satisfied with it?

jmy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Thanks for the responses everyone. @jmy do you feel just the 3/4th lift leveled it well? Have you been satisfied with it?
It still has a bit of rake but I like it, it did not change the characteristics of the way it handles.

OP
OP

LSUonyx09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It still has a bit of rake but I like it, it did not change the characteristics of the way it handles.
Great thanks. Yeah I figured it would have a little rake still which is fine. Stock I find the front end too low compared to how high the rear is. You used a Daystar kit? Any reason for choosing that one over the Rough Country?

jmy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
Great thanks. Yeah I figured it would have a little rake still which is fine. Stock I find the front end too low compared to how high the rear is. You used a Daystar kit? Any reason for choosing that one over the Rough Country?
You’re welcome. There is quite a bit of rake with the stock Gladiators for sure. No reason for choosing one over the other, it was available at the shop where I had it done. I did plenty of research beforehand so the brand didn’t concern me.

OP
OP

LSUonyx09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You’re welcome. There is quite a bit of rake with the stock Gladiators for sure. No reason for choosing one over the other, it was available at the shop where I had it done. I did plenty of research beforehand so the brand didn’t concern me.
I do wish someone made a simple 1 inch spacer leveling kit. That would probably get even closer to being actually level.

Sponsored

jmy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Attorney
I do wish someone made a simple 1 inch spacer leveling kit. That would probably get even closer to being actually level.
Teraflex makes a 1.5 inch spacer which is made up of a 1 inch puck and a 1/2 inch puck. You can use either, or both. There are tons of posts here on the forum and a lot of people seem to be really happy with the Teraflex spacer lifts.

OP
OP

LSUonyx09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Teraflex makes a 1.5 inch spacer which is made up of a 1 inch puck and a 1/2 inch puck. You can use either, or both. There are tons of posts here on the forum and a lot of people seem to be really happy with the Teraflex spacer lifts.
Ok thanks I'll take a look

Reactions: jmy

Dawg Fan

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversay Gladiator
I have an 80th also put the 1.5 teraflex and it is just about level. I did put 20 bags of mulch in the back but i really did not see much drop in the back. Most of the time my bed is empty.
Sponsored