SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
We currently offer our SmartCap EVO Sport and EVOa Adventure in Matte Black, and our EVOc Commercial SmartCaps in OEM White. There has been discussion about possibly rolling out a custom color program sometime in the future, but nothing definitive on that yet. Some of our less patient customers suggested they might do a vinyl wrap or have it painted by an auto body shop. Not sure if that is something you would want, but if you don't want to wait, you may want to look into those options. And thanks for your interest in SmartCap!
Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Self Employed
We currently offer our SmartCap EVO Sport and EVOa Adventure in Matte Black, and our EVOc Commercial SmartCaps in OEM White. There has been discussion about possibly rolling out a custom color program sometime in the future, but nothing definitive on that yet. Some of our less patient customers suggested they might do a vinyl wrap or have it painted by an auto body shop. Not sure if that is something you would want, but if you don't want to wait, you may want to look into those options. And thanks for your interest in SmartCap!
Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. How far out are Evo Sport orders?

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! Thanks for the quick response. How far out are Evo Sport orders?
It is possible that there will be a few left over from the shipments that are due in port over the next month. If not, backorders that are placed now are expected in February.

Oak

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
realtor
It is possible that there will be a few left over from the shipments that are due in port over the next month. If not, backorders that are placed now are expected in February.
How can we find info on potential left overs, all your online vendors say out of stock?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
How can we find info on potential left overs, all your online vendors say out of stock?
It would only be possible to get one of the "potential leftovers" by placing a backorder with one of those vendors. It just matters how many backorders have already been placed previously, as to where your backorder would be in line.

fonzie

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2020 JT, 1996 Bronco
Got mine in less than a month! Love it. Only wish it had handles on side also so glass doesnt get dirty…
Jeep Gladiator RSi SmartCap EVO Gladiator Fitment 67DD6A9D-D9BF-4B18-973D-C918D3411161

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
Got mine in less than a month! Love it. Only wish it had handles on side also so glass doesnt get dirty…
Jeep Gladiator RSi SmartCap EVO Gladiator Fitment 67DD6A9D-D9BF-4B18-973D-C918D3411161
I had that same thought as well, but I have to say I haven't really thought about it since...my Jeep is at least a little dirty most of the time and I never notice finger smudges anymore, haha.

fonzie

First Name
Alfonso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2020 JT, 1996 Bronco
I had that same thought as well, but I have to say I haven't really thought about it since...my Jeep is at least a little dirty most of the time and I never notice finger smudges anymore, haha.
True! Hunting starting soon, so it’ll be dirty till Feb! Lol

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Can you swap the evo sport glass side windows for the solid sides on the commercial?

Sponsored

OP
OP
SmartCap

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Can you swap the evo sport glass side windows for the solid sides on the commercial?
For the time being (at least 2021) the answer is no. But we would encourage you to check back in with us this time next year.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Perhaps get the cap without windows the
EVOa Adventure model?

I was in the intial order phase and at the time would have wanted a solid windowless door on drivers side as can never see out there and that would better with a shelf unit or kitchen, but have gotten used to windows now and have slept in back now…..Jack

The White Rabbit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Self Employed
Perhaps get the cap without windows the
EVOa Adventure model?

I was in the intial order phase and at the time would have wanted a solid windowless door on drivers side as can never see out there and that would better with a shelf unit or kitchen, but have gotten used to windows now and have slept in back now…..Jack
Definitely want glass

Ecamimo

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator overland
Occupation
Hvac
Today i called CAP WORLD in GAITHERSBURG MD and they have a few in stock evo sport

Shoebox

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Take the time to line it up properly. The lines on this cap are amazing on the Gladdy. We had the cap cheated forward a bit, then noticed the ledge that the tailgate and the cap's rear hatch formed. That didn't look right and it certainly would hold water/snow/ice. A small adjustment rearward put things perfectly in alignment.
I had noticed that most installs I’ve seen pics and videos of all had it mounted further forward, leaving that ledge on the tailgate. The cap seems to have slightly too small a footprint, both in length and width. It looks to come about 1/4-1/2” short of the bedsides as well.
Definitely looks better scooted back, but it should be flush all the way around.
Sponsored