First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High altitude
Occupation
GM
I'm happy to report my Cap showed up today after 318 days of waiting, yep I was counting. Dec 4th 2021 - Oct. 18th 2022.

Within the same hour, it was delivered, I had it unboxed and delivered it the paint shop for a color match... hopefully, it doesn't take them too long to get it back in my hands.
Sponsored

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
I'm happy to report my Cap showed up today after 318 days of waiting, yep I was counting. Dec 4th 2021 - Oct. 18th 2022.

Within the same hour, it was delivered, I had it unboxed and delivered it the paint shop for a color match... hopefully, it doesn't take them too long to get it back in my hands.
How much is that paint match running ya?

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...

Kyle–
So excited to hear you finally got your SmartCap! Thanks so much for hanging in there. We can't wait to see it atop your rig!

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
Hi Tony–
Just checking in with you to see if you were able to get this "pro tip" to work?
We're so glad to see that the cap arrived, and are really looking forward to seeing it on your rig.
Hi, Going to try it tonight - work keeps getting in the way now, ha. I will post an update.

ColoradoKH

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High altitude
Occupation
GM
How much is that paint match running ya?
I was quoted $1,500, so hopefully close to that. It‘s from a local shop that does classic car restorations. I probably could of found some where cheaper, like Macco, but you get what you pay for.

Sponsored

peteryao

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mojave
Occupation
engineer
still waiting for my delivery,
hope I can get it early

Last edited:

Deleted member 28696

I actually am torn if I prefer the sport now.

3F09E06B-6146-4F1F-A8A9-7C9BB06A1CAE.jpeg

310EB4CA-F839-4F0F-91F2-D7B5FE83F94F.jpeg

C58279BF-A194-4A39-8A8A-3446F9A3E547.jpeg
I have the EVO A & for me totally the right decision. Too many getting their glass broke on the sport. I also wanted to mount my Maxtrax boards to the wing doors, which I’ve done. If I was going to have a dog back there then the Sport would be better for airflow but for security & tough looks the EVO A is the way to go. Keep in mind the added weight may necessitate heavier springs & bump stops to eliminate sag.

Deleted member 28696

I was quoted $1,500, so hopefully close to that. It‘s from a local shop that does classic car restorations. I probably could of found some where cheaper, like Macco, but you get what you pay for.
Got my paint work from Ralley Coach works they do great work & affordable.

svc707

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I have the EVO A & for me totally the right decision. Too many getting their glass broke on the sport. I also wanted to mount my Maxtrax boards to the wing doors, which I’ve done. If I was going to have a dog back there then the Sport would be better for airflow but for security & tough looks the EVO A is the way to go. Keep in mind the added weight may necessitate heavier springs & bump stops to eliminate sag.
yeah i still have my EVO A on order and will pick that up when available. Ive been slowly looking into swapping rear mojave springs or just going all out and swapping it all springs and shocks to eliminate the need of using the AEV kit I'm on now.

Deleted member 28696

yeah i still have my EVO A on order and will pick that up when available. Ive been slowly looking into swapping rear mojave springs or just going all out and swapping it all springs and shocks to eliminate the need of using the AEV kit I'm on now.
I went with a 3” lift RAM 1500 spring mod in the back with Sumo 1800lb bump stops, recommend by my Jeep shop, no more sag. The JKS springs weren’t cutting it. I already had fox 2.0 performance shocks that came with my lift.

Sponsored

T-Rock

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mohave; 2020 WK2 Trailhawk
I went with a 3” lift RAM 1500 spring mod in the back with Sumo 1800lb bump stops, recommend by my Jeep shop, no more sag. The JKS springs weren’t cutting it. I already had fox 2.0 performance shocks that came with my lift.
I have been thinking about using AirLift air bags rather than changing springs, haven't decided yet but your spring & bump stop setup sounds like a good option. Debating if the adjustability of the airbags is desirable or needed. I haven't lifted my Mojave, but the AEV Mojave lift could be in my future.

WKYRIDER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
There is a window. I've never tried to pass anything through it. It may pass AC from the cab. The cap has a positive pressure vent that sucks air in from the outside and passes it out past the gaps in the tailgate.

20210328_192932.jpg
What is your lighting setup?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
What is your lighting setup?
It's just a set of under rail lights. They worked great until it got hot. They are a bit heavy for hanging from the ceiling. The heat separated the VHB tape from the light strip. I'm going to find something lighter, or with magnetic mounts, to replace them.

Nilight - TR-05 2PCS 60 Inch 180 LEDs Bed Strip Kit with Waterproof on/Off Switch Blade Fuse 2-Way Splitter Extension Cable for Cargo, Pickup Truck, SUV, RV, Boat , 2 Years Warranty https://a.co/d/cf302WP

I bought a set of these to try, but have not mounted them yet.

Nilight - TR-08 8PCS 24LED Rock Light for Cargo Truck Pickup Bed Off Road Under Car Side Marker LED Rock Lighting Kit w/Switch White, 2 Years Warranty https://a.co/d/1y4wkZu

RoninJT

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon/2023 Gladiator Rubicon order
Occupation
Nurse
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 55C89E8E-10D7-4B2F-9BB9-0553EAC56AC9
Still undecided how I feel about all the extra thing’s required for this to function properly. Routine maintenance, having to use an allan for spinning bolts, potential for leaking through negative pressure vent. For the price, which is comparable to the other main two brands, seems like a lot more involved. Nothing beats the looks for sure, but functionality and reliability are equally as important.

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
55C89E8E-10D7-4B2F-9BB9-0553EAC56AC9.jpeg
Still undecided how I feel about all the extra thing’s required for this to function properly. Routine maintenance, having to use an allan for spinning bolts, potential for leaking through negative pressure vent. For the price, which is comparable to the other main two brands, seems like a lot more involved. Nothing beats the looks for sure, but functionality and reliability are equally as important.
At this point after seeing the post from off-road alliance about the routine maintenance. I have to agree with you. I get that it’s modular and bolts can come lose, but I don’t want to have to worry about that. What is the benefit of it being modular after it’s been put together rather it just be one solid piece at this point. I personally will never take it apart again. Looks wise it my favorite, but the contour canopy is a very close second for looks. But I’m heavily leaning on the contour canopy from alu cab.

@darkhorse13 put up a good post on all the toppers and he has me convinced.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...nopy-roll-call-not-camper.63471/#post-1045931
Sponsored