RSI Smartcap

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
I am with RSI......this was the first one built and we test fit and approved it for production.
Oka, sorry I’m new here to the forum. I’m struggling to decide on RSI vs RLD. Any advice why I should pick the RSI?

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
Oka, sorry I’m new here to the forum. I’m struggling to decide on RSI vs RLD. Any advice why I should pick the RSI?
If you just want bed coverage, they're pretty much the same - get the one that appeals to you. If the modularity is of value, RSI has more options. If you want to carry lots of weight (I'd argue even a heavy RTT), the RLD's dynamic rating is the same as RSI's static rating and twice its dynamic rating.

Veloruche

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
If you just want bed coverage, they're pretty much the same - get the one that appeals to you. If the modularity is of value, RSI has more options. If you want to carry lots of weight (I'd argue even a heavy RTT), the RLD's dynamic rating is the same as RSI's static rating and twice its dynamic rating.
So the RSI can handle 700lbs static weight?

Sponsored

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, Tacoma, Tundra, F Series, Silverado...
It seems almost TOO GOOD . . . so my gut reaction is . . . What are all the "options" and which "options'" should actually be Standard items ? For instance GOOD Quality automotive grade rubber sealing around all opening doors/hatches/windows and the attachment seam to the TruckBed Rails! What is the material? Where is it manufactured? Lots of added drag up top once you add on a RTT . . . which is why I am preferring a slimmer ONE piece design with the LEENTU UTE (for now).
But if I were Mr. Moneybags I could see myself having the "Full Deal" (bed replacement), but at that point too, there are the Aussies with their GLAM Machines too ! Camping and having some simple pleasures out in the wilderness is what my next JEEPY will be all about - no gardening mall crawling taking it to the dump chores here ! Just OutDoor Fun . Gotta live it up while we can, right?
Hey guys,

Im going to insert myself in this convo if that is alight. The commercial version you are showing is our EVOc model. Its base price is not $1,600, but rather is $3,195 for the mid-size and $3,395 for the full-size versions.

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
RSI is 770lbs (had this one slightly wrong) static, 330lbs dynamic on road. RLD is unknown static but 700lbs dynamic on road.
This is an obvious point and I can't speak for how RLD does their load ratings, but I can tell you that our in motion ratings are, in part, based on how much weight is safe to put on top of a moving vehicle.

Last edited:

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
Hey guys,

Im going to insert myself in this convo if that is alight. The commercial version you are showing is our EVOc model. Its base price is not $1,600, but rather is $3,195 for the mid-size and $3,395 for the full-size versions.
I’ll just mention, it’s not very clear from your website what is available, and what it will cost. Nor is it clear what the differences are between the different models. Just some feedback

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
I’ll just mention, it’s not very clear from your website what is available, and what it will cost. Nor is it clear what the differences are between the different models. Just some feedback
Have you been to the new site that was released in early April? We have included a ton more information for each product including all applications we are releasing in 2020, pricing, etc.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Hey guys,

Why You pulling up "old dirt" from way back in NOVEMBER ?

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Again, why you feel the need to bring up "Old JuJu" from way back when ? Not enough talking points CURRENTLY ?

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Have you been to the new site that was released in early April? We have included a ton more information for each product including all applications we are releasing in 2020, pricing, etc.
Yes Yes . . . nearly 3 times per week . . . but I'm STILL waiting on a real or rendered RAM 1500 QUAD Cab / 6ft-4inch bed - Rebel would be nice since you have a Crew Rendering of IT on the Instagram -- Way Nice too . . . the Proportions seem nearly 'Spot On" ! I'm In the Market for the EVOc either std. color or matched (probably the RAM Olive color). I'll be keeping an eye on that Instagram .

SmartCap

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.smartcap.com
Vehicle(s)
Yes Yes . . . nearly 3 times per week . . . but I'm STILL waiting on a real or rendered RAM 1500 QUAD Cab / 6ft-4inch bed - Rebel would be nice since you have a Crew Rendering of IT on the Instagram -- Way Nice too . . . the Proportions seem nearly 'Spot On" ! I'm In the Market for the EVOc either std. color or matched (probably the RAM Olive color). I'll be keeping an eye on that Instagram .
Why You pulling up "old dirt" from way back in NOVEMBER ?
Sorry Lou for pulling this stuff back up. I was trying to provide correct info in case anyone came across this older thread that was here before we were on the Forum. However, since the answers don't show up till the end rather than nesting them, it seemed pointless. Hope you're having a wonderful Memorial Day and thanks for your kind words on the Ram. Just a heads up, we do not plan to do a rendering in the near future of the standard bed Ram as the front and rear flanges are exactly the same as the short bed. So far we have only been doing one rendering for each of the models. With that said, we just installed our first standard bed Ford on the winner of the Ultimate Giveaway and there are picts of that on Instagram. While it's not the Ram, it might give you a good idea of how the windows look on the slightly longer sides.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sorry Lou for pulling this stuff back up. I was trying to provide correct info in case anyone came across this older thread that was here before we were on the Forum. However, since the answers don't show up till the end rather than nesting them, it seemed pointless. Hope you're having a wonderful Memorial Day and thanks for your kind words on the Ram. Just a heads up, we do not plan to do a rendering in the near future of the standard bed Ram as the front and rear flanges are exactly the same as the short bed. So far we have only been doing one rendering for each of the models. With that said, we just installed our first standard bed Ford on the winner of the Ultimate Giveaway and there are picts of that on Instagram. While it's not the Ram, it might give you a good idea of how the windows look on the slightly longer sides.
Yes I know that is why I requested the same on a RAM . . . You know how it is when your overly anxious & the world is spinning 'round in the wrong direction !?. I guess in 1 word -- ANTSY !
Sponsored