First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
No dreaming here, just following the information of a base model costing $1600 up until the new information supplied last night. It seemed cheaper than I'd expect, but with its collapsed shipping size, I'd say it wouldn't cost very much at all to ship these in quantity on a boat and the price didn't seem outlandishly low.

But as I said, the price was the big reason I was watching it with very little personal knowledge of its quality. If the price has doubled, then I'm on to the next. No harm. Heck I won't be buying anything for a bit as it is. We're getting ready to close on a house. Wife would kill me! :LOL:
I just got done watching a 5:30 Youtube video by RSI which I discovered ON their website, it's only a month old - lower right side you'll see the video icon in-between the other 2. click on it and then click on the video . . . it does a nice job explaining and showing the 2 models and the plans for USA Distribution . IF someone has the means to download the video I think it would help many more to inform and help make choices easier !?
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
yeah I thought the $1600 was possible because of the reduced shipping but....nope. Oh well, I'm assuming alu-cab has been around more, looks more like what i want, doors bigger and is lighter.
:headbang: . . . :swear: . . . :LOL: :CWL: . . . You guys crack me up . . . Many of you have over the months done nothing but bitch & moan about the COST of the Gladiator . . . then about the various accessories . . . then, this and that and what-not ! THEN you go ahead and many of you are spending a whole lot of money on all those things you originally bitched about in the 1st place . . . amazing ! Now along comes a revolutionary product - in it's design, materials, build quality and Good Looks (granted subjective on that, but definitely not distasteful), and many of you have nothing to do but bitch and moan, of all things, because you think it's overpriced ! :facepalm:
May I suggest going to the website and SOMEONE download the 5;30 video (it's only a month old, and would be informative for all & anyone else, later, who may stumble upon this thread. It's on the homepage lower right in between the other 2 social media icons . Click it then click the video to watch if no one wants to download it here . That ALL I will input about RSI from now on as it seems no one here seems interested (so far) . . . and with that I'll say good evening to you all. :)

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
anybody see this? never seen a topper you put together like this.... i thought i read its 85kg....not sure what the alu-cab canopys are.

Even this video is outdated . . . notice the Hinges on the OUTSIDE . . . No Longer the case .
Also, as I've said before . . . What your looking at, SO FAR, are NOT GLADIATOR Designed Canopies . . . the GLAD"S Sides will NOT be SLANTED IN, but rather will follow the shape of the hardtop . . . so I've been assured by the Company VP (Dan B.) .

Also I've noticed hardly any "trash talk" concerning the RLD version of their Cap (that thread), wondering why that is ? Price points are just about the same, the materials used (S.S.) just about the same . . . yet RLD Still has only 2 hinges exposed, verses 3 interior for RSI (new models). Go to, on, say . . . Truck Hero website and compare ALL their High End Fiberglass CAPS $$$ . . . go watch the New (1 month old) VIDEO on page one of RSI's website - click on the video icon lower right . Still no video ON a Gladiator, but THAT will be coming . . . ok . . . NOW I'm Done talking about RSI . . . promise . . . it's just gibberish anyway, right ? ;) .
I just really like this product . . . i swear I'm not on the payroll . . . :fingerscrossed: ;)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
the GLAD"S Sides will NOT be SLANTED IN, but rather will follow the shape of the hardtop . . . so I've been assured by the Company VP (Dan B.) .
ahhh, i hope you're right. guess i should wait for photos of this and the alu-cab to be actually on a JT before I decide.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
ahhh, i hope you're right. guess i should wait for photos of this and the alu-cab to be actually on a JT before I decide.
Steffen . . . don't go holding MY feet to the fire ! I'm only 1 Voice relaying what I've been told by RSI Smart Canopy's VP .
We've done quite a few emails the past 2 months . . . surprises me HE (Dan B.) doesn't get tired of my "gibberish" as you sometimes seem to :) ;) . I just happened to of noticed a new post today of a Gladiator Vlogger's recent video showing his Alu-Cab (aluminum) CAP . . . I was Very Disappointed, as I was also with the other RLD Thread with the WA. State Gladiator owner showing the install and final few shots of his new RLD CAP . As I've indicated, the inward sloping of the sides is "imo" extreme . . . you can see that in a few of the photos . WE, well I, will be patiently waiting on the RSI SmartCap . Mom always said to us boys growing up, "Good things come to those who wait." I Trust this guy Dan, and I hope he doesn't dissapoint ! DO NOT judge the Final Product by what you currently see on some of the RSI Videos - they are from an "older Generation" ! The newest has 3 hidden hinges per side, no longer exposed like the 2 on RLD's still are .
Note the conversations on the RLD Thread . . . they don't seem as high spirited and satisfied as before, imo ! I'm not judging people or their reasons for buying this or that, I'm just concerned for my fellow Jeepers that some seem to have a tendency to jump to conclusions or jump on in & buy things without necessarily giving it all the attention it deserves ! Again just my opinion . I've ALWAYS been a "patient" person, even now as a patient, ha (sick joke . . . oops pun intended).
There will always (well not Always) be "the next best thing" - And when it comes to buying a new vehicle, I sure fit into that category of waiting & waiting & waiting . . . took me nearly 2 years (one of which I had NO vehicle but cabs & buses) to buy the G. Cherokee . Kept on waiting & hoping for that New PUG V6 & the New Shifter - Finally in 2016 we got both AND a 75th Anniversary Edition too ! See Mom (Heaven) it's true sometimes good things DO happen to those who wait !

IF "big" Money can be spent on jeep-things . . . the RLD cap for instance, why not the RSI cap ? TOO expensive has been the just of it, so far, but in reality (from what I've been told & by comparison) the RSI's are only ~ $200 more ! I promised I would not discuss those Price Numbers (yet) because they could change . . . and I'm hoping they do change MORE in the Buyers Favor - as I've discussed quit intently with Dan just a few days ago . But I feel based on the videos and photos available that the RSI CAP is Superior, in Quality, Design and overall good looks + IF it does Conform Better to the Gladiator Shape, as I've been told, then I'll be a very happy camper, literally . . . Camping inside my RSI Cap ! :clap: :like: .
ps; I sent 2 of the initial RLD on GLAD. photos to DAN . . . wondering what kind of reaction I'll get ! ?
Sorry guys . . . I do have a tendency to "ramble" my "gibberish" . . . it's just who I am ! By for now.

Sponsored

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I wasn’t able to either...
Geez Guys . . . look a few Threads down the page to Troybilts Alu-Cab Thread . . . that video of an Alu-cab on a Gladiator.
edit shortly later . . . almost forgot . . . had some interesting news about RSI SmartCaps . I didn't realize, at the time, that RLD has also been active with the Full size RAMS . . . and VP Dan B. informs me that their Caps (RSI) for the New 2020 RAM 1500's 5' 7" & 6' 4" are actually $305 LESS than Comparable RLD's . . . though in reality the RLD's are inferior in a number of ways . . . I'll just leave it at that to tease you ! ? Also "for what you get" of both makes, the Superior RSI SmartCap's are $200 more, that's all. Can't wait to see them on a RAM & a Gladiator . . . purchasable in Early April . Keep an eye on the website IF your not a skeptic, ha !
I told Dan in todays email that I would "hunt him down" if the RSI isn't all that he's said & implied, with a few smilie emoji's just to seal the deal . . . :clap: :like: ;) .

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I just happened to of noticed a new post today of a Gladiator Vlogger's recent video showing his Alu-Cab (aluminum) CAP . . . I was Very Disappointed, as I was also with the other RLD Thread with the WA. State Gladiator owner showing the install and final few shots of his new RLD CAP
why were you very disappointed?

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
why were you very disappointed?
? . . . well maybe "very" was an exaggeration, maybe ? But, as you, we all know these things are subjective ! Rather than get nit-picky (to some), I just leave it at that ! ps; recalling my other posts in various places would of explained my likes / dislikes pretty extensively, and thus to the why I much prefer (so far!) the RSI SmartCap .

JohnGjeep

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
0F55E6C7-7D72-4879-B68B-665449D498AC.jpeg
740DB16B-1E7A-4656-9D9B-8415B9B900AC.jpeg
70D32997-E851-4D00-98CB-B2ED888E33D7.jpeg
DC4168D2-AF3A-486B-AB03-FC117C4C1C6C.jpeg
9201A23F-7AD7-4A50-8604-ADDF55EF14A7.jpeg
Man I’m really glad I found this thread. I’ve been trying desperately to figure out what toppers are out there and what’s best. I like the looks of the RLD and the RSI better than the Alu-Cab, which I gotta be honest just kind of looks cheap (sorry). I actually got to see the RSI and the RLD in person at SEMA (invited by a friend , whoa was that overwhelming!). I wasn’t too impressed with the fit and finish of the RSI stuff and I think it’s because there’s too much room for error in assembly? You have to assemble them yourself using like 50 nuts and bolts and the quality control on the actual RAI show units was pretty bad, so I can only imagine me as a random guy putting one together in my garage won’t be any better.
Has anyone ever assembled or seen other RSI toppers in person?
Thanks!
FYI here’s some pics I snapped of the RSI issues...

69205B5A-E6AC-4054-9365-40A5F0298CC5.jpeg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
0F55E6C7-7D72-4879-B68B-665449D498AC.jpeg
740DB16B-1E7A-4656-9D9B-8415B9B900AC.jpeg
70D32997-E851-4D00-98CB-B2ED888E33D7.jpeg
DC4168D2-AF3A-486B-AB03-FC117C4C1C6C.jpeg
9201A23F-7AD7-4A50-8604-ADDF55EF14A7.jpeg
Man I’m really glad I found this thread. I’ve been trying desperately to figure out what toppers are out there and what’s best. I like the looks of the RLD and the RSI better than the Alu-Cab, which I gotta be honest just kind of looks cheap (sorry). I actually got to see the RSI and the RLD in person at SEMA (invited by a friend , whoa was that overwhelming!). I wasn’t too impressed with the fit and finish of the RSI stuff and I think it’s because there’s too much room for error in assembly? You have to assemble them yourself using like 50 nuts and bolts and the quality control on the actual RAI show units was pretty bad, so I can only imagine me as a random guy putting one together in my garage won’t be any better.
Has anyone ever assembled or seen other RSI toppers in person?
Thanks!
FYI here’s some pics I snapped of the RSI issues...

69205B5A-E6AC-4054-9365-40A5F0298CC5.jpeg
Thanks for sharing your concerns. Most haven't seen these up close in person.

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I figured I'd add new pictures to this one instead of making a new thread.

New RSI SmartCap EVO information landed in my inbox this morning. It's by far my favorite looking of the metal caps. The lines actually appear to compliment the vehicle, which can't be said of alucab or RLD.

unnamed.jpg
unnamed-1.jpg
Screenshot_20200410-113025_Gmail_1.jpg
Screenshot_20200410-113031_Gmail_1.jpg

The email claims it will be available in September. I may need to start setting aside some funds for this...

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Ooo I like it!

In the original post, it says that the "commercial" version is less than half the price of the one with windows. Does that just mean a totally solid side with no access? Meaning something without a hinge or anything. Or just a metal panel in place of a window but still hinged?

And It may have gotten buried in some of the responses that are a mile long, but what are the static and dynamic load capacities? I must be dreaming if I think I can get one of those for $1600...

EDIT: It's actually listed on their website. I see a 770lb limit, but that is surely static. What is dynamic?

SmartCap EVO (which appears to be what is in the pictures above): $3695 for 09/2020 release
SmartCap EVOc (commercial): $3195 for 10/2020 release
Sponsored