Sponsored

RSI Smartcap

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
hmmm, What currency is R85,000? if its south african rand, thats ONLY $5,700 USD there abouts. That seems reasonable, PCOR i thought was like $20,000 usd.
upload_2019-11-15_11-24-40.png
Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
ONE thing I might be interested in . . . I see that FREESPIRIT, apparently, has a newly (re)designed Hardshell RTT ! Gonna go to Freespirit.com and check it out !
I might add, not picking on these guys, but ANY CAP for a 5 foot truck bed gonna have limitations on USE, so narrowing that use for "design" sake (highly slanted sides) would be, hmm, counter productive.? Most 'Cappers' (assumption) for this size would either be mostly for "Pets sake" or Recreational use. I'm Specifically referring to the Gladiator (only). Don't pigeon-hole me with, "well, the new(?) Ranger . . . or the Tacoma with the longer bed . . . or blah blah blah ! This is a Gladiator Friendly Forum and I only speak in terms of ITs use . Oh, ITs use in MY Minds eye ! NOT talking PlyWood here . . . hint ! I truly believe that ANY CAP for the Gladiator ALSO needs to incorporate some sort of "overhang" above the Cabins Roofline (hard or soft top roofline). This would add badly needed storage space (minimum) or allow for a RTT or Incorporated RTT -- such as seen with Go Fast Campers or LEENTU and perhaps 5+ years from now (inject sarcasm here) IF Ursa Minor gets in the act?. For such a smallish size - Weight shouldn't become an issue, yet I think it will when building with metals only. Many of the newer lightweight (by nature) materials (such as that used in the LEENTU, and others like in my Stealthcraft boat) are also higher strength/weight ratio as well. As in the case of my boat, Shaping can be done and NO visible scars (welds) to see . . . free flowing lines can make shape conforming easier and Fitment Better - IF - the manufacturers are willing &/or able to take it to that level ($$$ for machinery etc.).
Wow . . . off on a tangent was I ! Sorry . . . I'll just go have me a pee. finish my coffee and go sulk (I mean soak) in a hot steamy tub. I'm working off this Flu-like "crap" infesting me for the past week :( - I'm very low energy right now . . . well except for my (typing) fingers ! ;)

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
So with it being a more modular design, is the shape we see the shape the Gladiator will get? Seems like a good get if it can follow the contour of the hardtop. If it has the steep angled sides we see, then I don’t really dig it.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Your link needs updating

Try this one https://gofsr.com/
I didn't actually leave a "link" you could "get a direct web connection . . . but thanks from me, for all others, who may want the direct approach . Plus they are just one of Many Bookmarks in my "Camping Section" (computer).

Sponsored

Gladius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn't actually leave a "link" you could "get a direct web connection . . . but thanks from me, for all others, who may want the direct approach . Plus they are just one of Many Bookmarks in my "Camping Section" (computer).
okay, but when you put something dot com it infers a web link. whatever.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
okay, but when you put something dot com it infers a web link. whatever.
Truly sorry if my blunder may of upset you in any way . . . really, my oops . :facepalm:. I try to follow the mantra of - "Don't Sweat the Little Things" - OR the Big Things, they're even Worse at causing Un-needed Stress -- A LOT of it going around these days. ;)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
This is from the VP of RSI North America

The SmartTray will run $6,495 and the SmartCap XL $5,495 for a combined total of $11,990. Inventory will begin shipping to the US in January, so could be available as early as late February. In anticipation of some other questions you may have, the SmartTray weighs 507lbs. and the SmartCap XL weighs 276lbs. for a combined total of 783lbs. Consequently some rear suspension upgrades may be necessary.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

The SmartTray will run $6,495 and the SmartCap XL $5,495 for a combined total of $11,990. Inventory will begin shipping to the US in January, so could be available as early as late February. In anticipation of some other questions you may have, the SmartTray weighs 507lbs. and the SmartCap XL weighs 276lbs. for a combined total of 783lbs. Consequently some rear suspension upgrades may be necessary.
anybody know what the box on the JT weighs?

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t but would guess something in the 200 +/- pound range.
so is 783 - 200 = 583 additional pounds for a tray/canopy in line with others? I think RSI uses stainless steel, seems heavy.

I wonder what PCOR is made of and weight. - I'll have to look into other companies that make these tray and or canopy.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
just got this from RSI too now keep in mind TIME TABLES CHANGE, DON'T HOLD THEM TO THIS, but....

"We just received the CAD data yesterday (for Gladiator RSI products). The SmartCap EVO and EVOc will be available around February/March, and the SmartTray variants I would expect to see May/June-ish."

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

HA . . . YA THINK ? ONLY IF YOU WANT TO PUT ANYTHING IN THE VEHICLE OTHER THAN YOURSELF . . . :swear: !
IF your so inclined to spend all that cash (or credit) might as well as add a bunch more for the upgrading suspension parts and install too !? Is it true Money Flows Down Hill ? Or does it take a push on the lever to get it to go "down" hill, :ontheloo: ?

Westcoastflea

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon 6spd
Mule Expedition Outfitters had (have?) one of the Deluxe Weekender Norweld trays in stock and ready to install. It's a beautiful piece of metal art, includes a rear sliding tray, a 40+ liter water tank, 2 spare tire mounts. They are offering a nice discount on it (about 1/2 off) - as it's the first one. (usually it's over $10k + install)

Mainland Overland on the east coast had (have?) a tray AND canopy that were demos - also ready to install and offered at a really good price (way under $20k, usually $22k)
upload_2019-11-26_22-18-34.png

If you want details - PM me.
Sponsored