First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Engineer
Pretty cool project. Built some LED lights and wired them to a remote. $50-ish with some surplus parts left over. Just need to tidy it up.
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 44D1F420-C27E-4474-BCA6-DEE66446A50C

is that tied to your main battery or a separate system?

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
Well hello JeepGladiatorForum!

I think a lot of you already know us and we already know quite a few of you. But we're excited to be here and will do our best to help!

Looking to get a new RSI Smartcap? Need help with your cap? Have general questions? We're happy to assist even if you didn't purchase it through us.

PH - 888-466-8991
Interwebs - OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

Or you can shoot me a PM or email [email protected]

Now, check out our personal Gladiator with the SmartCap installed! Love this thing.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap {filename}

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 230E544F-EAB6-4829-8C62-8F0B445C9F04

The gasket on the right side of my rear door is tearing. Have you guys had any other reports of this? I’ve only had this thing installed a few weeks. Also, are there replacement gaskets available from RSI?

Jwhaugen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I have wanted one for the last year. But the web site says pre-order? I submitted my request (twice) and got bombarded by emails for everything but Gladiator. I finally stopped the spam to my in box and have decided to go with another cap. Really wanted this one. But very disappointed in there follow up.

I am glad at least some have received there caps. But it is to painful waiting for an email to get the cap. I guess they didn’t really want my money.

good luck to all.

Sponsored

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have wanted one for the last year. But the web site says pre-order? I submitted my request (twice) and got bombarded by emails for everything but Gladiator. I finally stopped the spam to my in box and have decided to go with another cap. Really wanted this one. But very disappointed in there follow up.

I am glad at least some have received there caps. But it is to painful waiting for an email to get the cap. I guess they didn’t really want my money.

good luck to all.
it’s only like that because supplies are limited. There is a guy here that ordered in Nov. and received his early Jan. So there is some inventory it just takes awhile. My guess, every cap that comes off the boat is spoken for. Once there is a surplus, the preorder will go away.
But, I can tell you, it’s worth it. This thing is awesome.
Also, if you order the table, that will ship quick because I think it’s universal for all RSI caps.

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
The gasket on the right side of my rear door is tearing. Have you guys had any other reports of this? I’ve only had this thing installed a few weeks. Also, are there replacement gaskets available from RSI?
We have not to my knowledge had anyone with gaskets tearing like that especially after a few weeks. PM sent.

good luck to all.
RSI has had some caps become available and ship out over the last month or two. The next large quantity of caps is due to start shipping late January to mid February. If you're interested, we'd be happy to help get you setup.

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RSI has had some caps become available and ship out over the last month or two. The next large quantity of caps is due to start shipping late January to mid February. If you're interested, we'd be happy to help get you setup.
JW- I would recommend OA all day over any other vendor. Consumer experience was absolute butter.

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator BMW-R1150GS Toyota-FJ60 Porsche-914
Occupation
Architect
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap IMG_3528.JPG

Up and running!

My roof panel was damged during shipping which was a bummer, but RSI and Andy at Offroad Alliance were all over it and gave me several options:
1. I could return the whole thing and have a new one sent.
2. I could have the panel repaired by a bodyshop at RSI's expense.
3. RSI could ship me a new roof panel and if I wanted I could try using the damaged one in the meantime.
I went with the last option. So RSI is going to send me a new roof panel (and hopefully rubber d-Gasket) and I'll be an expert at assembly and disassembly. It leaks water where the roof flange is dented and bent, but I can live with it while I wait for the new roof panel. And if I plan ahead when rain is forcasted, I can put a clamp on it and that will squeeze the two sides together.
So far I love the thing!
I still need to do some adjusting to the height at the back. The rear window is SNUG! I pretty much open the tailgate and the rear window at the same time otherwise it feels like the window gasket is going to get shredded over time.
But I'm supper happy with the cap!

Sponsored

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
@RSI North America Inc @OffroadAlliance.com

Do you have pictures of the EVOa on a gladiator, or a rendering? What does the inside of the doors with the molle panels look like? How much weight can be supported by the panels?

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane - let me see what I can find out. As far as pictures go, working on getting some posted up ASAP.

briandmiles

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 JTR ecodiesel, GMC Yukon XL Denali
I just ordered the Evo on Friday. What is the time frame for the Evo adventure cap to arrive in the states?

zprovo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator BMW-R1150GS Toyota-FJ60 Porsche-914
Occupation
Architect
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap IMG_3528.JPG

This is what mine looks like after installing the cap on Saturday.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap IMG_3529.JPG

The end of the bottom gasket on the rear window wants to either be about a quarter inch shorter or made of a softer material.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap IMG_3530.JPG

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what mine looks like after installing the cap on Saturday.

The end of the bottom gasket on the rear window wants to either be about a quarter inch shorter or made of a softer material.

I don't even open that window that much. I use the side doors. But I think you are right. The gasket on the door is very hard and the trim around it is so soft.

NORDNDED

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2016 JKUR, 2015 JKURHR, 2015 F150, 1973 Ford Bronco
I’m sure they will get it sorted out for you though. You’ll end up with a really great cap! That said, I think they should give us a discount on some accessories or something for the hassle ;)
I would ask for something in return, especially in your situation. I repaired mine myself vs taking it to a shop to which RSI offered to comp me for doing so in the very generous form of a credit towards accessories.
Sponsored