First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Investment Banker
I cannot seem to find a Gator Green Rubicon for sale, so I’m looking at doing an OEM Rubicon axel swap. I won’t be doing it for a while but I had a few questions for the hardcore gear heads out there:

1) If I buy the lower control panel (Locker switch and auxiliary switches), could I set up the lockers just like an OEM Rubicon?

2) What would be the labor cost roughly to get one or both done? Not sure I wanna tackle this one without a lift.

3) If I buy the auxiliary switch panel, does it normally come with the fuse box and wiring to set it up?

Any thoughts or tips on planning this out or installing these things would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
Man, just keep looking for a Rubicon in my opinion. All the stuff you plan on doing you can find one.

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
What he said. Keep looking.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
If you get a max tow, you will have the wider axles like the rubicon, and there are a couple carrier options that will give you lockers. There are a couple companies that make a basic locker switch that looks like the stock one. My plan is half done. I went with a limited slip from Yukon gearin the back as my truck is a DD and will crawl a good deal of concrete. My plan is to do a front locker for when I go out and play. I plan to get one of the knock of switches to activate it. Basically have a Max tow, mojave Rubicon hybrid😁

RCKLNDR

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I know the stock switches look clean, but I’d personally just wire them to a switch panel and mount them in your field of vision.

I swapped a rubicon front axle on my Willys JKU and wired the switch to a panel on the A-Pillar. It was nice being able to quickly find the switch and be able to keep an eye on your spotter.

Fast forward to my JKHR, and I thought it was annoying to have to look down and worry about how many times I hit the button while trying to navigate trails.
Sponsored