Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I intentionally waited to do my tires and rubicon suspension parts until after it was fixed so they couldn't blame it on anything other than the clearly loose steering gear box.
Did you add the front springs to yours, can't remember
Sponsored

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
I heard about the lower one pulling to the right as well. Thats why I spent the extra on the through shaft design one. And now I have the Fox 2.0 shocks so it match's in appearance.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
According to other posts I have read, the pulling issue is solved by fully extending and retracting the new Stabilizer five times.

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
How hard are these to install? Do you have to jack the front end up?

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
To replace the OEM stabilizer with the Fox or Mopar direct replacement is fairly easy, and should not require jacking up the truck. It is basically just a horizontal shock with a bolt at each end.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Did you add the front springs to yours, can't remember
I haven’t yet. I probably will add all four at some point. I have the stock Overland suspension with Rubicon shocks and the Fox steering stabilizer.

I was going to just do the front to level it out some, but the overland springs are soft and it squats more than I think it should when I have weight in the bed. The Rubicon rear springs will help with that and should actually increase the payload.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
No, no jacks required. Do it sitting right there on the ground. Super simple. Took me about 15 minutes laying on my back on a gravel driveway with a 3/8" impact driver and socket set.

LiftedrubiconJT

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 rubicon gladiator
No, no jacks required. Do it sitting right there on the ground. Super simple. Took me about 15 minutes laying on my back on a gravel driveway with a 3/8" impact driver and socket set.
Is it really worth upgrading it tho? What does it really help? Sorry new to the Jeep world.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Is it really worth upgrading it tho? What does it really help? Sorry new to the Jeep world.
YES! Made a WORLD of difference for mine! It made the steering feel heavier (more controlled) than the stock unit. When you turn the wheel you can feel the dampening with the Fox TS unit. Like was mentioned above, it helped mine with highway wandering, and to help stop it from following ruts in the road and helped hold it's tracking true. When you hit bumps on & offroad, you can tell a HUGE difference. Offroad it doesn't try to snatch your wheel out of your hand anymore, either. Trust me, you'll notice a difference for the better. I don't benefit from this advice, I don't sell Jeep parts, and I never recommend snake oil to anyone.

Kyjeeprealtor

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler, 2020 Gladiator
I highly recommend a steering stabilizer as well... although I recommend the Falcon Nexus 2.2 I think is what’s it’s called.... it’s adjustable from soft(off road use) Med( everyday driving) and firm( long highway use) really easy to install as some members have said

OP
OP
Jeeperjamie

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t yet. I probably will add all four at some point. I have the stock Overland suspension with Rubicon shocks and the Fox steering stabilizer.

I was going to just do the front to level it out some, but the overland springs are soft and it squats more than I think it should when I have weight in the bed. The Rubicon rear springs will help with that and should actually increase the payload.
I just picked everything up. I'm probably going to throw the springs on the front this weekend, shocks and order the IFP Fox Stabilizer. Thanks to @TheMuffinOfEvil for the great deal on everything. Awesome meeting you and you great build going brother.

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
I just picked up a set of Fox Shocks off a Rubicon to replace my sport s shocks. Think I might add steering stabalizer also. I find that since I put on the Rubi Take off tires and have put about 800 miles on the truck the steering seems to have loosened up a bit and is not nearly as tight as when I bought the truck and had the stock tires on it.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Just a quick reminder to all, that firmer feel from more dampening is also more force and resistance on the pitman arm/steering box. Add 35s/37s, more dampening, and you're looking at a LOT more work for the factory steering system to deal with.
Sponsored