Sponsored

Rugged Ridge HD full width front bumper feedback?

Dakotaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
Thanks for the tip. Happy I can keep that plate now. Do you have a picture or two of it?
Pics attached.
Another thing the instructions say for LED Fog Lights to use the extra brackets. On my bumper they bolted right up without the brackets. Called RR and all they said was that this bumper was not for the Mojave... Wrong!
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD full width front bumper feedback? Mojave front skid plate one notch
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD full width front bumper feedback? Mojave front skid plate two notches

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Pics attached.
Another thing the instructions say for LED Fog Lights to use the extra brackets. On my bumper they bolted right up without the brackets. Called RR and all they said was that this bumper was not for the Mojave... Wrong!
So this bumper fits JKs as well as JLs and JTs. I think that is where some confusion may come in with how to mount fog lights. It is my understanding that one only needs to use the LED fog light adapter when replacing a MOPAR steel bumper as they have different fog light mounts than the plastic bumper.

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Pics attached.
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD full width front bumper feedback? Mojave front skid plate two notches

peterpilot379

First Name
Star
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Pirate
Thanks for the pics. Just curious, did you treat the cut metal area with anything to prevent rust? Disregard, I see you are in Arizonaā€¦.not an issue. ;)

Sponsored

Dakotaz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Sales
So this bumper fits JKs as well as JLs and JTs. I think that is where some confusion may come in with how to mount fog lights. It is my understanding that one only needs to use the LED fog light adapter when replacing a MOPAR steel bumper as they have different fog light mounts than the plastic bumper.
I was replacing the Mojave plastic bumper so you are probably correct.

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Wish I had seen this thread earlier. I put this bumper on my Mojave back in March of this year. Initially, I did have issues reinstalling the Mojave skid plate. I could only get one of the front screws to line up.

A short time later, I removed the bumper to install my winch. When I reinstalled it, the skid plate worked. All the holes lined up. I realized that all I had done differently was attach the two front screws first. Then the four rear screws. I did not have to notch the skid. Yes, it does touch the same points where @Dakotaz notched it, but itā€™s on there nice and secure.

I love this bumper! And I love the X Striker with it! Yā€™all have me considering the HD rear bumper now. Looks amazing!

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD full width front bumper feedback? 1EC335F4-B04B-4157-90EC-946CA9B5E6A3
Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD full width front bumper feedback? 9A01CA08-D866-42DF-8E38-98F5F5934253

Note: I had similar issues with the power cables coming out the back of my Badland Apex 12k winch. They were smashing up against the grille. I rerouted the power cables to come out the side of the winch and it worked great!

OP
OP
chrismeece74

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S, 2021 Wrangler Freedom Edit
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
Wish I had seen this thread earlier. I put this bumper on my Mojave back in March of this year. Initially, I did have issues reinstalling the Mojave skid plate. I could only get one of the front screws to line up.

A short time later, I removed the bumper to install my winch. When I reinstalled it, the skid plate worked. All the holes lined up. I realized that all I had done differently was attach the two front screws first. Then the four rear screws. I did not have to notch the skid. Yes, it does touch the same points where @Dakotaz notched it, but itā€™s on there nice and secure.

I love this bumper! And I love the X Striker with it! Yā€™all have me considering the HD rear bumper now. Looks amazing!

Jeep Gladiator Rugged Ridge HD full width front bumper feedback? 9A01CA08-D866-42DF-8E38-98F5F5934253

Note: I had similar issues with the power cables coming out the back of my Badland Apex 12k winch. They were smashing up against the grille. I rerouted the power cables to come out the side of the winch and it worked great!
I do like that striker bar on the bumper, like you I am now considering the xd rear bumper to.

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR

Did you *need* to remove the bumper to install the winch? Itā€™s not a dealbreaker for me but when I was looking at how mine is mounted and potential access to the winch mounting points on the winch plate it looked like access would be ok with the bumper on the truck.

OP
OP
chrismeece74

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
Did you *need* to remove the bumper to install the winch? Itā€™s not a dealbreaker for me but when I was looking at how mine is mounted and potential access to the winch mounting points on the winch plate it looked like access would be ok with the bumper on the truck.
I was able to install mine without even loosening the bumper, but I put a rough country winch on. You should be okay with it on, the winch plate is part of the bumper not separate like a lot of bumpers.

Sponsored

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
I didnā€™t necessarily have to remove it. But I hadnā€™t installed the winch plate because I hadnā€™t bought the winch yet. I felt removal was the best way to make sure everything was nice and snug. It went on much smoother the second time.

OP
OP
chrismeece74

chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sr Quality Manager
I didnā€™t necessarily have to remove it. But I hadnā€™t installed the winch plate because I hadnā€™t bought the winch yet. I felt removal was the best way to make sure everything was nice and snug. It went on much smoother the second time.
Oh yeah initial installation was a pain in the ass

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
I finally got mine to work. Ordered a 1/4" spacer off eBay and slide the top controller as far forward as possible. I need a new "hook" that folds flat, not digging the side hook.... :)

20211002_132739.jpg

20211002_132716.jpg

20211002_132708.jpg

20211002_132722.jpg

Aonarch

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
I'm ordering this bumper and a SuperWinch. What winch plate do I need?

Also for the rear bumper, do the factory tag lights work with it? Same with trailer wiring.

AKID_RBM

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave, 23 GCL, 15 Cherokee TH
Occupation
Construction
Winch plate comes with the bumper. :) how big is the SuperWinch?
Sponsored