Sponsored

San Diego Livin = Anywhere else buyin...

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
If you're willing to travel check out SLC valley Jeep and talk to Eliott. Got me 8% off invoice. A bit of a drive home for you. But isn't that what road trips are for?
Sponsored

OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
If you're willing to travel check out SLC valley Jeep and talk to Eliott. Got me 8% off invoice. A bit of a drive home for you. But isn't that what road trips are for?
I wouldn't mind the drive back as long as the deal is worth going out there for! I messaged Eliott and he told me they aren't able to offer 8% off anymore. He also stated that I would need to finance the whole amount. I am waiting to hear back but based off the last price I received I don't think he will have the most competitive offer.

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I wouldn't mind the drive back as long as the deal is worth going out there for! I messaged Eliott and he told me they aren't able to offer 8% off anymore. He also stated that I would need to finance the whole amount. I am waiting to hear back but based off the last price I received I don't think he will have the most competitive offer.
Bummer. First time anybody has gotten back to me with that info. Finance the whole amount? With a healthy down payment for sure. Kinda surprised. But hey kinda sounds like the rest of the dealers too. Getting tight with their JTs. I ordered mine.

Just shot Eliott a text. He said send him an email address. His general manager is able to offer better discounts to forum members. Make sure you mention that you're on the forum. He said he thinks they are the most inexpensive out there still. Has two orders in since price change. It's been due to allocations. Almost forgot.....not sure if is any help. Tell them Robert from Nevada on the forum sent you. May net you more can't promise.
Jeep Gladiator San Diego Livin = Anywhere else buyin... Screenshot_20210701-091254

Last edited:
OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
Looks like SLC is only able to offer a little over 3% with tread lightly and mandatory financing for the whole amount.

The search continues!

akrkwk310

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
328i xDrive sport wagon, i3 REx, Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Healthcare
Looks like SLC is only able to offer a little over 3% with tread lightly and mandatory financing for the whole amount.

The search continues!
Wow guess they are not giving as much discount as they did when i got the car from them in May

i got the car for $53700 OTD including california sales tax. Msrp was $60650
This was back when Jeep offered rare $3500
Incentives on Mojave

back to OP, yea i did tremendous amount of researches when i was in market. I live in socal too. Socal dealers are pure rip offs, many of them mark up their rubicon and mojave inventories.

Sponsored

akamax_power

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Wow guess they are not giving as much discount as they did when i got the car from them in May

i got the car for $53700 OTD including california sales tax. Msrp was $60650
This was back when Jeep offered rare $3500
Incentives on Mojave

back to OP, yea i did tremendous amount of researches when i was in market. I live in socal too. Socal dealers are pure rip offs, many of them mark up their rubicon and mojave inventories.
Norcal dealers aren't much better either, all of them had MSRP markups and wouldn't budge. I tried all the way up to Washington and even they had dealer markups. Finally went with SLC and placed an order. Not the 8% others were getting early on but still way better than anything local.

Maverick2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
NA
SD here. Flew out to Earnhardt in Phoenix for 7% off invoice. The headache of getting a car registered in CA was a mess. Gotta get it weighed, smogged and inspected. Then the issue of taxes and title stuff increased the frustration.

id do 5% with a CA dealer to avoid it all over again.

that being said, I just sold my gladiator today to a wholesaler.
Msrp 54,545
Paid 46,500
Sold 54,000

Jeepmonster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 1968 Chevy C10
I bought my 2020 JTR at Bob Baker Carlsbad. Out the door (with tax, license, fees), I paid what would've been MSRP (just under $56k). There was a discount at the time, but I don't remember what it was called. They would not honor Costco or corporate affiliate discounts on Rubicons. I almost went up to Orange Coast Jeep. The salesman there emailed me quotes. They actually had the best deal for the trim and options I wanted, but I ended up at Bob baker for the convenience (much closer). Orange Coast's pricing was much more straightforward (and cheaper)- no hidden fees. Good luck!

ThePhotoBus

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2003 Tacoma Off-road DC, 2014 Subaru Forester
Looking to pull the trigger on an EcoDiesel Rubicon here soon. Now I just need to find the super secret 7-8% below invoice dealers.

I contacted a dealer down here through Costco auto to see what they could do. Found a rubi that had all the bells and whistles; salesman told me they won't do anything below invoice and have in-fact marked up all of their new cars by $5000 due to low inventory. INTERESTING SALES TACTIC?!?

Please let me know who hooked you up (and where) with the best price and I will send, possibly deliver delicious San Diego beer to you if I sign with them.

**Also interested to know if I need to opt in to Tread Lightly; I am sure I read that some were didn't need it. I don't mind spending 100 bucks, I just don't want to wait 30 days!

Thanks in advance!
I'm in Escondido. Bob Baker Carlsbad was terrible. I ended up going with Gupton at 8% below invoice (w tread lightly). At the time I paid to have the truck shipped $1500, but a flight and drive across country could be enjoyable. Gupton was awesome. Helped me include add ons in the price and coordinate Line-X before shipment etc. Couldn't recommend Daniel highly enough.

Only hiccup for me in the out of state purchase was the smog. The monitors weren't ready for 3200 miles. Had to get a 2 month operating permit at the DMV.

OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
SD here. Flew out to Earnhardt in Phoenix for 7% off invoice. The headache of getting a car registered in CA was a mess. Gotta get it weighed, smogged and inspected. Then the issue of taxes and title stuff increased the frustration.

id do 5% with a CA dealer to avoid it all over again.

that being said, I just sold my gladiator today to a wholesaler.
Msrp 54,545
Paid 46,500
Sold 54,000
Why did you sell?

Sponsored

OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
I'm in Escondido. Bob Baker Carlsbad was terrible. I ended up going with Gupton at 8% below invoice (w tread lightly). At the time I paid to have the truck shipped $1500, but a flight and drive across country could be enjoyable. Gupton was awesome. Helped me include add ons in the price and coordinate Line-X before shipment etc. Couldn't recommend Daniel highly enough.

Only hiccup for me in the out of state purchase was the smog. The monitors weren't ready for 3200 miles. Had to get a 2 month operating permit at the DMV.
Damn. I thought about doing this. Ran the numbers on what shipping might have costed and emailed Daniel to see if we could set it up on my build. He never replied so I ended up ordering today from Rob here in Socal. (Irvine). I certainly didn't get 8% but it seems a fair trade for the time and convenience of a deal 20 minutes away with no smog/ DMV/ shipping hassles.

Maverick2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Occupation
NA
Very rare to make money on a depreciating asset. Figured I’d sell, then buy a nicely configured 2022 mojave towards the end of the year. I was sad to see it go though!

Doing some work on the east coast. Figured I’d buy one out there and have it shipped/driven back to SD. No way I’d buy one in SoCal.

OP
OP

KAExcaliber

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Occupation
Na
Very rare to make money on a depreciating asset. Figured I’d sell, then buy a nicely configured 2022 mojave towards the end of the year. I was sad to see it go though!

Doing some work on the east coast. Figured I’d buy one out there and have it shipped/driven back to SD. No way I’d buy one in SoCal.
Smart man; wishing you a speedy recovery!

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer

Hey neighbor. What color is your Jeep?