Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
I agree that ain't right, those should be constructed to hold up to a lot more for $2700. I prefer to buy nonretractable mini-step rock sliders engineered for crawling and still have clearance, maybe the Shrockworks.
https://offroadalliance.com/products/shrockworks-rock-sliders-2019-gladiator/?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cse&sku=SHR2|JJT-SL-BPC&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6pOTBhCTARIsAHF23fImSFmVMwweWckiF5JjfGoppf1wh1vLmDESNbfM8sfEjG6khuHpjGkaAnltEALw_wcB
Those are exactly the sort of sliders I am talking about. Not too crazy price wise and made to take a beating. Someday I see myself swapping over to a set like those.

I have four kids and the thought of having to lift em all up all the time… well lets just say these aren’t cheap but neither is back surgery 🤣 gonna lay off hard stuff until I can get the armor skids installed.

OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
So I finally have the KC Apollo Pros installed and also KC Cyclone which took a bit to get a hold of. Will have some impressions eventually but for now check it out!

Reactions: PJZ
OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
The chadiator is beach ready 🤣😜
Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA D0F9CB5F-1949-41F5-A1F8-903E13E6AF59

believe I purchased the last M6x1 tap set in town. Was an hour round trip to drive out and pick it up. Was about $30 everything included for the setup. Quick disconnect works as advertised; no need to wrench it can finder tighten. Bought the flag at local Cycle Gear shop. Hack sawed the included bolt off so I could use the qd. The flag was $11 it bends to fit in the bed it does not break down into parts.

OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
So the ARB Linx has a way to keep an accessory on when stopping the rig. Set up the rock lights to turn on 30 seconds when I shut off the rig 😎

Sponsored

OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Been a bit. Did a bit of camping around California, hit some fire trails. Installed some simple grab handles. Other than gas prices zero negatives to report. Hit 10k and did my own oil change, cabin filter and engine air filter. Boy that cabin filter was gross 🤢 Maintenance was simple but does ask for a torque wrench. Loving my Gladiator more than ever coming up on six months of ownership.

Attachments

OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Finally installed my DV8 tire carrier in the bed. Plan to remove all the spare tire gear from under the bed and toss in trash. Removing spare from under makes a lot more room and suppose I won’t have to worry about it interfering with suspension components as I upgrade down the road. Much easier now to toss the spare in the garage when around town 😎

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA 6B3B15F8-C7E4-4EA0-91DD-6F9DD4B54C4D

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA BB2E100D-3DDE-4126-83AA-FD6BF82BD588

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA 890AC944-7F5E-44B8-990B-4541CCC0FFB6

OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Well got a good ways into building my Go Rhino XRS rack. Spent maybe an hour just unpacking all the parts they do a good job packaging. Like every project I ran into something that needs a little custom work. One of the threads needs tapping on the top bars. Spent way too long trying to get bolt to screw in before looking at it and realizing it was never gonna happen 😤 Tap is ordered will be here Tuesday. Also got a couple spots that will need some touch up paint. Need to get some and hit them on the tire carrier, front bumper and this rack.

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA CA56A2FB-0E97-4609-904D-C4DF8A1AFF51

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA 123917A5-BCE8-44E9-9310-B697BF6B27FB

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA 9B3448E1-8190-4694-9ABD-C71F612B8FAD

C632F3E1-3BB1-41F3-BAB2-FAD411D05D9D.jpeg

OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA 220BAE32-3DDB-4E03-AA88-51EEC43AB30A
The rack is slowly coming together. Got the 3/8” tap two days early as I arrived yesterday afternoon. Was able to quickly tap out the problem threads after which the bolt went in easily. I enjoyed how the right tool applied fixed an issue I banged my head against for a half hour the other day 🤓

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA 2B42549D-2D6E-4A2C-99F9-DD59A449D7E5

found a few more spots that will need touching up. The finish on the rack is ok not great. Minor gripe.

Another question mark is the use of a lot of plastics in the construction. There are loads of these vinyl washers that slot between two surfaces of the rack and thread a bolt. Assume these reduce nvh and shore up areas by taking out any slack but makes me question long term reliability. Boy are they a pita to get in and aligned. Props to this Extreme Terrain install video for recommending using a trim tool to install em. Luckily I had one on hand. No idea how I would have done it without should be included with the rack and required tool per instructions.

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA 125596C6-91FC-4F4A-A1E4-4D50D5DD2E66

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA A4DCBBDD-A76A-4328-939B-1ECF9D168F0B

There is also a fair amount of plastics on the bars and it load bearing. Bit shocking to be honest. Sure it does mean this rack is much lighter (and cheaper) than others. I am not planning on running a rtt. Will add a basket at some point that can carry tents, sleeping gear and bags with clothes etc. less than 100 lbs I would reckon. They are thick enough to where I could see weight spread over all of them not being a worry. The sun here is my main concern and if those maintain reliability over many Summers.

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA AF5417A3-3476-4A54-B459-DD922224ACB6

OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Zion national park, Utah trip day one. Left smidge after 6:30 am from Bakersfield. Arrived at Watchman campground a bit before 5 pm (mountain time so lost an hour). Averaged 18.8 mpg. Not bad considering all the elevation change… and the ethanol content in all the gas I have been getting.

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA IMG_5967

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA IMG_5958

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA IMG_5970

Jeep Gladiator Sarge Green Cali in Bakersfield CA IMG_5969
Sponsored