Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
The trussing front and back turned out great, although it presented some challenges. Up front the c-gussets rub ever so slightly on the larger Teraflex coils and had to slightly modify the plastic seats the coils sit on. Out back the Teraflex rear trackbar bracket had to be altered a bit and welded which really just makes it even more robust.

3402E6BF-1F38-4FFE-8E8D-5CB4921C4FF0.jpeg

D11FE22B-C19C-4163-A02B-C5E7AE1669D6.jpeg

231CB9DD-BEF3-44D3-A279-4352DB825120.jpeg

Reactions: PJZ

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Looks like some very good quality work. Lots of nice paint for you to scratch up now!

OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
A bit on the ARB Linx. So in the pic I am posting below you can see the modified Grim bracket. The guys at 4wp Bakersfield custom built a bracket so we can mount the Linx brain high up in the engine compartment, on top of the Grim bracket. It turned out pretty nice and it is going to make wiring up lighting a breeze.

One other cool thing to note is the switch on the Grim bracket. My guys were able to wire it so you can activate the compressor using the switch in the engine bay and/or the Linx unit. One cool thing I figured out so far is the Linx will automatically kick on the compressor when selecting lockers. I also have setup the Linx so front lockers are only available after locking the rear. There is a lot of functionality to figure out with this unit.

51500FFD-670A-4B50-846F-3F95E20D08BD.jpeg

OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Some other angles of the work with install of the ARB gear. The wiring turned out clean seeing it was easy to run along the top of the firewall. Kinda annoyed seeing the guys did not wire the low/high beam and reverse light taps on the Linx. These make it possible to automatically turn on/off accessory lights (well really any accessory) based on those. Something to figure out soon seeing I will be adding some lights up front.

66A9D318-B5E2-4088-8BE8-B6FB019301C0.jpeg

4CE0D6F4-8D0E-4AE5-90B5-E4B77FF29158.jpeg

Sponsored

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Clean install! There does seem like a lot to sort out around functionality. Have watched a few install videos and some of the arb videos plus the instructions. The effort looks worth the functionality

OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Clean install! There does seem like a lot to sort out around functionality. Have watched a few install videos and some of the arb videos plus the instructions. The effort looks worth the functionality
Thanks! Yeah the bracket turned out great with one minor hitch being I have to loosen it to get out one of the air filters. Adds a minute to that no biggie. I installed their bracket in the cabin yesterday will get you a shot when I get a break. I also figured out they did not wire up the light taps so I need to go and talk to them about that. Have lights on order so we’ll probably sort it out then. Thinking of adding KC cyclone lights under to give some better trail lighting, and will program those to trigger on reverse. Overall I am happy so far just a few minor bits to work out.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Very cool. The aev build will have a set of lights and light bar up front. Not sure if they wore them into the aux lights or separate switch. Planning to add some ditch lights and diffused lighting for camping so I am sure I will run out of switches quickly. Had the arb twin on my JK and looking forward to trying out the auto fill and deflate.

My jeep landed at the dealer yesterday and off to AEV Monday. Should get shipped out to CA in maybe 30 days. We will see. Running out of room in the garage for all the parts piling up! Appreciate you posting this info.

OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Pics of ARB’s bracket to mount the Linx head unit in the cabin. It took me around 30 minutes to get this done mostly due to lack of knowledge and instruction.

1B4CB946-41F1-4C02-9AAE-ABA7BA02D683.jpeg

D5E5DF91-FE87-4A76-9FC7-E059E5D607B7.jpeg

OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
I took a trip out to Hungry Valley SVRA today. Ran into so many cool folks. Highlights included a couple older gentlemen with vintage 60s/70s two stroke dirt bikes (a Hodaka and a Husky) and getting to use my winch in the first hour of doing this shakedown run. Posting a video of me flexing things out. Sadly I could not get the "quick disconnects" disconnected. One side I was able to bang out but the other side wouldn't budge. I will need to get a soft mallet for next time, but even then I noticed that the swaybar itself wasn't wanting to go anywhere so moving it up, and the links with it, so I can mount the links on the brackets to hold them seems unlikely. Makes me want to switch over to anti-rock asap.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Climbing a very nasty hill at Rowher OHV yesterday. My buddy Milton just about rolled over backwards (will upload a clip to my yt later).

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
I took a trip out to Hungry Valley SVRA today. Ran into so many cool folks. Highlights included a couple older gentlemen with vintage 60s/70s two stroke dirt bikes (a Hodaka and a Husky) and getting to use my winch in the first hour of doing this shakedown run. Posting a video of me flexing things out. Sadly I could not get the "quick disconnects" disconnected. One side I was able to bang out but the other side wouldn't budge. I will need to get a soft mallet for next time, but even then I noticed that the swaybar itself wasn't wanting to go anywhere so moving it up, and the links with it, so I can mount the links on the brackets to hold them seems unlikely. Makes me want to switch over to anti-rock asap.
Always seems to be the guys in the Cherokees, lol. Has a similar situation above Lone Pine and it took 3 of us to keep him from going over the edge, but in fairness the Cherokee was pulling out the old yj that should not have been up there at all. Good video and putting that new lift to work. Hopefully get those quick discos sorted for your next trip. Took a long weekend and went camping with the family at the beach down in San Clemente.

Dealer texted my right as I left on Thursday that the jeep was in! Should have shipped to AEV today. Hopefully have it in a month or so. Just in time for a DV trip before it gets too hot.

6285efe3-3580-41be-8e97-85dcbe7e67d2.jpeg

IMG_4868.jpeg

OP
OP
bakobobby

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things
Hot damn its real! Can't wait to see it when you get it back. Lemme know if you got room in your party for DV been scoping it out for months now I want to get up there and see it. Almost made it up there a few weeks ago when I had to head out to LV for training. Chickened out in the end, would have been tight schedule wise and wouldn't have had the time to really explore.

Always seems to be the guys in the Cherokees, lol. Has a similar situation above Lone Pine and it took 3 of us to keep him from going over the edge
Yeah funny enough the next day up at Rowher this young kid in a later year white XJ was putting on a show while his friends in a LX 470 and Grand Cherokee where struggling. He didn't do the climb I posted up, which arguably you have to be a bit nuts to do, but the climbs he was doing were very difficult none-the-less.

That ranger green XJ though really hit home, I grew up in Oregon and the rangers would roll around in those exact rigs with that color scheme. The fella that owned the XJ said his dad bought it at auction from the forest service. It even had the outline of the forest service logo on the door when he got it. He replaced the rear turdy five with a 44, but he still had the OG 30 up front.

Took a long weekend and went camping with the family at the beach down in San Clemente.
Nice! It was the perfect weekend for that. For me the kind that makes me disregard all the negatives of living in this state and appreciate it for its raw natural beauty and splendor. BTW I grew up Summering with my aunt in Dana Point (had fam all over Dana Point, Laguna etc) and have a lot of fond memories of the beaches in that area. Looking forward to visiting them again someday with my kids.

PJZ

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD AEV370
Build Thread
Link
Hot damn its real! Can't wait to see it when you get it back. Lemme know if you got room in your party for DV been scoping it out for months now I want to get up there and see it. Almost made it up there a few weeks ago when I had to head out to LV for training. Chickened out in the end, would have been tight schedule wise and wouldn't have had the time to really explore.

Will do! Always trying to get a group together and it is to do a long weekend, but more time is better. Good place for a shake down run.

Yeah funny enough the next day up at Rowher this young kid in a later year white XJ was putting on a show while his friends in a LX 470 and Grand Cherokee where struggling. He didn't do the climb I posted up, which arguably you have to be a bit nuts to do, but the climbs he was doing were very difficult none-the-less.

That climb didnt look bad in 6th video perspective until you see your spotter scrambling up the hill, I would definitely skip that one!

That ranger green XJ though really hit home, I grew up in Oregon and the rangers would roll around in those exact rigs with that color scheme. The fella that owned the XJ said his dad bought it at auction from the forest service. It even had the outline of the forest service logo on the door when he got it. He replaced the rear turdy five with a 44, but he still had the OG 30 up front.

Agree, they are nice rigs.

Nice! It was the perfect weekend for that. For me the kind that makes me disregard all the negatives of living in this state and appreciate it for its raw natural beauty and splendor. BTW I grew up Summering with my aunt in Dana Point (had fam all over Dana Point, Laguna etc) and have a lot of fond memories of the beaches in that area. Looking forward to visiting them again someday with my kids.

Also agree, a weekend by the beach helps sooth the looming tax due dates!

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Look good! The fox 2.0 are pretty nice for the price. Yes the resi’s are nicer and so is the 2.5’s. But I’m sure once you get your falcons you will feel the difference.
Sponsored