Saw this on a motorcycle ride yesterday… not a JT

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
My now-departed ex father-in-law was a POW in WWII. By the time the HItler Youth and old men remaining as guard took the remaining prisoners on a continuous march to evade the liberating Russians he weighed only 88lbs - he was 6'-1" tall!!

He was HUGELY offended and MAD AS HELL that anyone ever thought making comedy about WWII POW's would be a good idea.
Werner Klemperer and John Banner (Col. Klink and Sgt. Schultz) were both Jews who survived the Holocaust. They delighted in making the Bad Guys appear as buffoons. So, While I fully understand and respect your position, there are other, equally well thought out viewpoints. Peace.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Gruffid

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L; 2021 JTR EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Werner Klemperer and John Banner (Col. Klink and Sgt. Schultz) were both Jews who survived the Holocaust. They delighted in making the Bad Guys appear as buffoons. So, While I fully understand and respect your position, there are other, equally well thought out viewpoints. Peace.
Not only did they delight in it, it is my understanding that Werner Klemperer only agreed to take the part on the requirement that Col Klink was a complete idiot.

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
My now-departed ex father-in-law was a POW in WWII. By the time the HItler Youth and old men remaining as guard took the remaining prisoners on a continuous march to evade the liberating Russians he weighed only 88lbs - he was 6'-1" tall!!

He was HUGELY offended and MAD AS HELL that anyone ever thought making comedy about WWII POW's would be a good idea.
Robert Clary, who played LeBeau, was a Holocaust survivor and lost 12 immediate family members at Auschwitz. Hogans Heroes was serious business for him and others. Satire is the best revenge and the most sustainable. Look at its long run. See also Babylon Bee.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
Been to Auschwitz, a very haunting experience.
Kinda like seeing that Jeep?

Dan in Pasadena

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Not only did they delight in it, it is my understanding that Werner Klemperer only agreed to take the part on the requirement that Col Klink was a complete idiot.
Robert Clary, who played LeBeau, was a Holocaust survivor and lost 12 immediate family members at Auschwitz. Hogans Heroes was serious business for him and others. Satire is the best revenge and the most sustainable. Look at its long run. See also Babylon Bee.
All the above may be true but I still think making a comedy about Nazi's and prisoners of war only 20 years after the fact was in very poor taste.

Flame away.

IamAlan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry Willys
Occupation
Retired
All the above may be true but I still think making a comedy about Nazi's and prisoners of war only 20 years after the fact was in very poor taste.

Flame away.
The show was over a half century ago. Kinda immaterial at this point.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
The Red Skull drove on in Captain America movie

Jeep Gladiator Saw this on a motorcycle ride yesterday… not a JT 1623329585965
Sponsored