First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gator, 2017Jeep JK 2dr
Occupation
Ret. Army
I'm looking to possibly do this trail next week and I am seeing post on All Trails that the UTV riders have tore up the road pretty bad. Can anyone that has done this trail recently verify the condition of the road?
Sponsored

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Haven't done it in my JT, but have read the same info as I contemplate doing it. I did do it in a Pink Jeep tour a few years back and it was a bit rough - like riding a washboard for most of it. Disappointed to hear what it's become.

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Did you go? How is it?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJ 4.0 turbo, 18 GC Trailhawk 3.6, 17 F150 Screw 3.5EB
I did it in my f150 with camper in tow in May of this year. Not sure if the hooligans ripped it up since.

IMG_3496.jpg

OP
OP
Bad Luck Bill

Bad Luck Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Gator, 2017Jeep JK 2dr
Occupation
Ret. Army
We did go part of the way up and the rocks are really out there (exposed). There were quite a few UTV's screaming up and down the part we were on. You just have to pick your lines and know your clearance. We do plan to go back and do the whole thing.

Sponsored

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Update: Just did the lower half (starting from Sedona, then heading up/northeast) yesterday. Around 5-6 miles one way total is what we ended up exploring. As previous posts have said, it is indeed peppered with large, exposed rocks throughout. It is definitely the bumpiest ride we've hit in the JT thus far. We took it slow, stopping at several points along the way as the overlooking views of the red rocks are amazing - something visitors to Sedona don't get to see if they stick to the main drags. We started seeing less and less vehicles and heavier snow (already on the ground), so we decided to turn around and head back into town, which we wanted to explore the rest of the day.

20201229_102930_resized_1.jpg

20201229_113716_resized_1.jpg

20201229_102943_resized_1.jpg

gouacats

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTM; JK; WK2
Every time I do Schnebly I wonder why and remind myself that it really isn't much fun to drive. It's not technical at all. It's really a miserable drive...just too rocky (and not the good kind). It does however, have some great views, so I guess everyone should do it at least once. :)

I do wonder how the Pink Jeeps keep getting people to pay to ride on that road...much better options in the Sedona area. Seems like it would just be a headache to ride in the back of one of those.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Last time I did it headed down. Have not done it going up. Was a decent road back then. Little original style badass liberty took it like it was a regular road. Never needed 4lo, drove at speed, enjoyed the drive. It would suck if a road like that goes bad because of utvs but it is winter. All northern az roads are choppy in winter. Great pics!

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I'm going this weekend with a work buddy. So what's the consensus, up or down?

AZJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I'm going this weekend with a work buddy. So what's the consensus, up or down?
All depends on where you want to end up - you end up just south of Flagstaff if you head North; end up in Sedona if you head south. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Down if it's all torn up like they said? Pictures!

Squelch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi Gladiator, Energica Ribelle, Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Every time I do Schnebly I wonder why and remind myself that it really isn't much fun to drive. It's not technical at all. It's really a miserable drive...just too rocky (and not the good kind). It does however, have some great views, so I guess everyone should do it at least once. :)

I do wonder how the Pink Jeeps keep getting people to pay to ride on that road...much better options in the Sedona area. Seems like it would just be a headache to ride in the back of one of those.
This is so true - we drove it this past summer right after I got my Gladiator and before we moved from Arizona to Texas, and the Pink Jeep folks just looked miserable in the heat/dust getting jostled around. It was good for us because we took it slow and stopped a lot to take pictures, but at least if we were tired of the jostling we could stop for a spell. We saw some of the Pink Jeep folks at a turnaround when they had to get back into the Jeep and they did not look excited to sit for another half hour to go back...

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
In October we ran it East to West at the recommendation of the RiggedforDirt podcast guys who'd run it the day before we did. We definitely enjoyed it so much more especially as we descended down and watched all the PinkJeep guys looking ragged driving up. I think next time we go out there we'll try going up but definitely first thing in the morning before those tours start loading up passengers.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
Last time I did it headed down. Have not done it going up. Was a decent road back then. Little original style badass liberty took it like it was a regular road. Never needed 4lo, drove at speed, enjoyed the drive. It would suck if a road like that goes bad because of utvs but it is winter. All northern az roads are choppy in winter. Great pics!
Do the roads fix themselves by summer?
Sponsored