Sponsored

Scuffed Rear Bumper

ShastaJT6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willy`s JT

It’s also my daily driver and I don’t wheel, so damage doesn’t work for me.
Definitely not drivable. It would be unsafe and irresponsible, if not outright illegal. My cousin got pulled over for a scuff like that, spent a year in county. I heard in Russia they hang you for operating a vehicle in this condition.

I cant yall, this is too much ? Troll post of the year ?
Sponsored

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Regardless though pretty sure Mojaves also have the Rubicon bumper as indicated by the two tow hooks which is only on the steel bumper. Plastics only have one unless you cut it out. So still a steel bumper...
ouch. This post shows a plastic Mojave bumper with 2 hooks for the back.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...e-rear-bumpers-with-led-fogs-take-offs.62160/

OPs picture clearly shows it’s plastic, not metal. Again I ask, did you even look at it? And again I quote you: “please do not give bad advice”. LOL

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Sorry, my point in that was sharing the picture above which is a steel bumper you can see they are the same bumper.

Good catch on the Mojave, color correction on pics is a pain. Regardless though pretty sure Mojaves also have the Rubicon bumper as indicated by the two tow hooks which is only on the steel bumper. Plastics only have one unless you cut it out. So still a steel bumper...
ouch. This post shows a plastic Mojave bumper with 2 hooks for the back.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...e-rear-bumpers-with-led-fogs-take-offs.62160/

OPs picture clearly shows it’s plastic, not metal. Again I ask, did you even look at it? And again I quote you: “please do not give bad advice”. LOL
Metal or plastic bumper?

PXL_20240507_171012538.jpg

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Metal or plastic bumper?

PXL_20240507_171012538.jpg
Kinda hard to tell because it’s dirty/wet but I’m gonna go with metal. Different texture (no dots like seen in OPs which are similar to the dots seen on the fender flares).

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
offerup for a used bumper?

Sponsored

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
I thought my rear bumper was metal inserts. I had someone hit mine and the paint transfer just wiped off. Like it never happened.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Kinda hard to tell because it’s dirty/wet but I’m gonna go with metal. Different texture (no dots like seen in OPs which are similar to the dots seen on the fender flares).
Yes.
I thought my rear bumper was metal inserts. I had someone hit mine and the paint transfer just wiped off. Like it never happened.
Frame is metal with plastic inserts.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Surely someone on this forum has one of those stock plastic bumpers they will give you. If not contact offroad shops. They pull these off and trash them routinely

you either rubbed someone slightly parking or vice verse. Neither would have noticed contact like this

Sponsored

ALT2870

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Freedom
ouch. This post shows a plastic Mojave bumper with 2 hooks for the back. https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...e-rear-bumpers-with-led-fogs-take-offs.62160/ OPs picture clearly shows it’s plastic, not metal. Again I ask, did you even look at it? And again I quote you: “please do not give bad advice”. LOL
How about this, for the sake of the thread and your ego I mute you? It's not going to go well regardless who's right based on your replies. I'd encourage you to do the same thing. :rock:

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
Other than replacing the bumper, any recommendations on how to cover it up?

Thanks!

Jeep Gladiator Scuffed Rear Bumper PXL_20240507_171012538
I can sympathize with being annoyed with a scuff like that. Have you tried hitting it with a scotch brite pad or some other lightly abrasive material? The various "back to black" substances will only work well if you have all the contaminants out of the scuffed area.

If it were mine, I would give it a deep clean, hit it with some high grit sandpaper (maybe start at 800, then 1000, then 1200). Then go several days with daily application of armorall/mcguires/back-to-black or whatever it is you prefer.

If, after a week or so, you still didn't like the looks of it then you could try to hit it with a heat gun (haven't done it, but i've heard it works!).

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
?

Dual black tow hooks and the bed skid are dead giveaways. In that case it would be steel unless they changed that on the 23's because my 21 is the exact same as that.
I bought the passenger trim piece for a mojave (because mojave rear bumper and sport s/willys rear bumper are the same plastic bumper minus the passenger tow hook hole) and added the passenger tow hook.

Is it a bit of work to go that route? (vs just cutting a hole) - yes.

Does it look great? - also yes.

Did I find a deal on a NOS steel bumper less than 6 months later and swap it? . . .. .also yes.
Sponsored