Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
@tysongladiator - On my way to Harbor Freight this weekend!

it was one of my first jscan videos and the first time I saw the cable extensions. They've been on my "to do" list since. I have also admittedly seen at least one other video of yours explaining electrical gremlins. Also well informed.

I don't know why but I thought you left for a Chevy? No judgement if you did and it's always good to see you around the forum! Thank you for your time and wisdom.
Chevy? My feelings are hurt! 😂😂 Just kidding. I'm an offroad guy at heart. I grew up backwoods and (out of all the trucks & SUVs) I've owned three Broncos, two Rangers, a Toyota PU, two RAMs, four Jeeps, and yes a Chevy.🤦‍♂️😂 I might have mentioned the Chevy before.

It's all good. You're welcome! The way I see it is that we all learn from each other. If I learn something, I spread the information in hopes that someone else will learn. I'm not an expert at anything. I'm just one of those that keeps an open mind which gives me the ability to learn. So I can spread the knowledge. I appreciate the kind words. And if you learn something while you're working on your jeep, pass it on.

"We learn from each other" - tysongladiator

BTW, I just moved back to FL from SA, TX. Loved it there and miss it. Maybe on one of my many trips back, if we ever cross paths, we could say hello.

And thank you for your service!

Guns_N_Rosaries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys Edition
I bought an autostop eliminator, and spent forever like you did to try and pull out that plug. I tried everything I could think of, and every tip I saw online to try and get it, and I just gave up finally. I wonder if some of them are glued in lol

OP
OP
Great Offender

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S - MT
OP
OP
Great Offender

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I bought an autostop eliminator, and spent forever like you did to try and pull out that plug. I tried everything I could think of, and every tip I saw online to try and get it, and I just gave up finally. I wonder if some of them are glued in lol
Not laughing at you but with you on this one. I'm going to try the long needle nose first. Heck I probably own a set somewhere.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Great Offender

Great Offender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I push the release and hook and pull down with the 90 degree hook tool

Jeep Gladiator Security Bypass Cables hooks
I have a set of body tools for removing panels and plastic pop rivets. Might work? Friday after work is for Happy Hour but Saturday is for the Jeep!

Andy29847

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I installed a SmartStart/Stop device in my 2 Jeeps today. The first one took 2 hours. The second one took 15 minutes. :)

The hard part for me (71 years old and 250 pounds) was fitting my bod in upside down between the seat and the dash. Once I figured out how to do that, I tried a number of different tools to depress the tab so I could remove the plug. None of them worked for me. I finally used my finger to depress the tab and a piece of string, looped around the wire, too pull the plug. The plug came out with a gentle tug. I had no concern that some of the wire might pull out of the plug. FWIW, I did remove the center panel under the steering wheel. The instructions that came with my SmartStart/Stop device mentioned using masking tape to cover sharp edges. They were not joking. You can get a cut or scratch doing this if you aren't careful. The corner of the lower speaker panel got me. I didn't get too upset. A little blood on the job is almost normal. :)

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IT
This is more dependent on hand size and finger dexterity versus body size.

Take the bottom trim off for sure.

I've played guitar for 35 years and while I have larger hands I am able to press the tab with 1 finger and tug with 2.

Keep (un)plugging you'll get it.
Sponsored