Sponsored

Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform!

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator | 1993 Corrado SLC | 1992 GTI 16v
Thanks JTzntz!
The poor thing may be listing until I have both sides installed.
If it’s not one thing, it’s 20 others! Looking good! Glad they finally are making it onto your truck!

If it’s listing, they MUST be heavy duty!
Sponsored

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
HR
Can you tell me more about the JCR rails. Did you have to drill new holes? How do they attach to the body? 196 pounds is a lot!

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
I
Can you tell me more about the JCR rails. Did you have to drill new holes? How do they attach to the body? 196 pounds is a lot!
I put a number of nutserts into each side. Lots of big holes to drill in that expensive sheet metal!

Loosescrews

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
HR
I

I put a number of nutserts into each side. Lots of big holes to drill in that expensive sheet metal!
Yikes! I better stick with a different brand such as Rock Hard. My Jeep won’t be seeing as many rocks as yours LOL

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Yikes! I better stick with a different brand such as Rock Hard. My Jeep won’t be seeing as many rocks as yours LOL
I hear that! I remember installing armored LED Corner lights on my JK where I had to cut out big areas of sheet metal...THAT was very scary too!

Sponsored

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package
A fun view of my truck in the driveway this morning.
Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! E45B22F9-FFFA-4E31-BBFF-A76ABF7984D4
Wow! I just got in from sitting at the beach...and I’m in the “Great White North”! :LOL:

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Hello all. WOW! I guess it has been about 5 months since my last post! In that time I got COVID and had my cancerous prostate removed. It has been over 6 weeks since the surgery and while I am not back to full duty, it is happening.

I couldn’t resist doing a little flexing and experimenting with the electronic sway bar disconnect yesterday...

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 1897BF46-B0EF-427F-9989-AFBEDC0435AD

can’t wait to get it on the trail. The only mechanical thing I have on the burner is to finish installing the Rubicon Express skid plate system. I did the transfer case skid today and hope to get the last two done tomorrow...

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! F7A5BC52-CDE2-498A-92BC-F0BA60BD30F3

I am getting her regeared to 5.13s on Thursday! 👍😎

Anyway hope to see some of you on the trail soon. I am tired of her being a driveway queen!

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, sounds like a hell of a few months! Good to hear you’re on the mend from all that. The JT is looking good while she is flexin!

Last edited:
OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Wow, sounds like a hell of a few months! Good to hear you’re on the mend from all that. The JT is looking good while she is flexin!
Thanks much! 👍😎
hope you are doing well!

Sponsored

JTzntz

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks much! 👍😎
hope you are doing well!
Yeah, we’ve been able to stay healthy so far, thanks! My youngest son still talks about you and your truck! 😆

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Glad to see you are getting better and moving on with your build, missed the updates. Hope to see you on the trails or a cars and coffee.
thanks Commodus! I hope so too!

I know it probably sounds crazy that I didn’t want to wheel until I felt my rig was protected, but that’s how I roll. Now that all of the skid plates are on I feel like I am there! Here are a few pics...
Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 6DEB82B9-9617-42B3-B168-A71C87315C5F

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 890BB041-6250-4855-9035-027F17AF87AD

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 780C1AA8-739E-47D9-A402-3DB9719EEE5D

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 91166F4A-436E-4869-88F5-8815B045675B

see y’all around! Let’s get em dirty!

OP
OP
avlamonte

avlamonte

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Well, she is now geared to 5.13!👍 drives much better but the 500 mile break-in is a pain...
In keeping with my desire to protect all that I can, today I installed a Hard Rock axle disconnect skid plate. Not sure what other skid plates I can get! 🤔

Jeep Gladiator Seeing red in SoCal! Watch G.G. (Gladys the Gladiator) transform! 47E6E5DD-401C-4637-8E82-7A72356AD634

I received an MXT400 GRMS radio set up and all four extended brake lines in the mail today. These should be going on soon. Also waiting for the diff covers to get here on Tuesday from Motobilt. They will be painted and installed during the fluid change next week....things are happening!

I tried a simple trail around here the other day and she did awesome! It was so nice to get her dirty finally! 👍😎
Sponsored