Carmino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRM
Occupation
Engineer
Hello -

Have you run into this issue where the selectable tire fill will not go up? I recently upgraded my tires to 315s, with the Tazer I lowered the low pressure alert to 29 psig. Now my tire fill will not go above 29 psig. Refer to the greyed out +’s below. Anyone run into this before? I can’t seem to locate a solution and I use my selectable tire fill for drive on beach trips.

Jeep Gladiator Selectable Tire Fill - Will not increase IMG_0458

Thanks for any input you may have.

SOLUTION: Thanks to @Vtur The Tazer low pressure alarm setting is the max setting you can set your fill alert to. The low pressure alert includes a psi offset before the alarm goes off. I raised my low pressure alert to 35 psi and now I can set my fill alert to 35 psi.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Try upping your tire pressure alert and see what happens.

OP
OP
2tall

2tall

First Name
Carmino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRM
Occupation
Engineer
I tried raising the fill alert and it didn’t work. I raised it to 40 psig and I got low pressure alarms and the selectable fill did not raise.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I tried raising the fill alert and it didn’t work. I raised it to 40 psig and I got low pressure alarms and the selectable fill did not raise.
I’ve only lowered mine, but can confirm it can’t go higher than your tpms warning psi. Mine is currently at 27.

Quick question, why do you want to run higher pressure on the beach?

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I wish I had selectable tire fill. I think mine was cut out from the chip shortage
😕

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
That is odd. Mines a ‘21 ad well. My build date was earlier though. I think April ‘21.
I just read a long thread on the JL forum and it looks like builds after July 21 didn’t get it.

I heard your horn honking when we were airing up after Crown King and I was jealous
😢

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just read a long thread on the JL forum and it looks like builds after July 21 didn’t get it.

I heard your horn honking when we were airing up after Crown King and I was jealous
😢
It’s by no means required, but is cool. I’d trade it for a trail cam in a hot second.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
It will alert approx. 5 psi below from what you set them at with the Tazer. Set them at 34psi if you want it to alert at 29psi.

OP
OP
2tall

2tall

First Name
Carmino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRM
Occupation
Engineer
I’ve only lowered mine, but can confirm it can’t go higher than your tpms warning psi. Mine is currently at 27.

Quick question, why do you want to run higher pressure on the beach?
Lower pressure on the beach. I want to raise the pressure a few psi higher for normal driving.

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Lower pressure on the beach. I want to raise the pressure a few psi higher for normal driving.
Got it. I misunderstood you. What’s your cold psi? 29? You should be able to drop it down to 14 for the sand, then back to 29 when done. The tire fill assist should let you set two presets, one for low, and one for back to 29.

Don’t get me wrong, I wish it would let you choose higher than the warning psi setting, but it doesn’t. I sometimes take my tears up to 35 for towing, then drop them back to 27 to match the fronts after the trailer is unhooked.

Wolf Island Diver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Occupation
Software Engineer
I tried my selectable tire fill when I first got it. I don’t really get it tbh. Mine was super flaky. It seemed to bug out the Uconnect whenever I’m on that screen. Uconnect is buggy in general. All it really saves you from is having to use a gauge if, and it’s a big if, you actually trust it. I don’t trust TPMS when not moving. If you’re doing each tire one at a time, use a gauge. If you’re using deflators, they can be preset. If you’re using a 4 tire inflation system, that should have its own gauge. I don’t see the use case for this where it provides any real additional utility having the horn honk (which mine wouldn’t always do) and lights flash. (which I couldn’t see from next to the tire)
Sponsored