First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator
Occupation
Business Owner
Another shaking 2021 Gladiator- mojave model... No issues until I swapped out the stock rims and falken wildpeaks for a set of OEM 17" steel rims with Snow rated Firestone Destination A/T2 same stock specs size 285/70/17 (all bought from the Jeep dealer I got the Mojave from). Since the change over (due to Quebec Road Laws here in Canada) I get a violent shaking from front end only at highway speed (90km/h +) when I hit any sort of bump on a road. It shakes so violently I have to break to a speed at under 40km/h or simply pull over to stop...
Took to the dealer, they promptly balanced all 4 tires, but problem remained. They changed the stabilizer bars, problem remained. Finally after talking to FCA, they decided to put the summer tyres and rims back on.... and guess what.... NO VIBRATION...

Anyone have any answers to this? Dealer has no clue as to why the winters cause this issue, FCA claims these tires and rims work fine, infact, the same tires were put on a Sport model, and driven without issue, no vibration. But on the Mojave it's still vibrating.... See below video....
Sponsored

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Any idea what balancer they are using? I had a similar issue post balance with my all terrains where beyond 75mph, the rears would start dancing around. I then took it to another shop with hunter equipment where they were dynamically balanced and bingo, smooth as can be.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Any idea what balancer they are using? I had a similar issue post balance with my all terrains where beyond 75mph, the rears would start dancing around. I then took it to another shop with hunter equipment where they were dynamically balanced and bingo, smooth as can be.
Road force balancing?
Mine are perfectly smooth on the highway at any speed (below their rated speed) but then some are pains in the butt to get balanced and need special touches.

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
Out of round tire?

staying_tuned

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: TJx2, JKx1, JKUx1
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Architect
Road force balancing?
Mine are perfectly smooth on the highway at any speed (below their rated speed) but then some are pains in the butt to get balanced and need special touches.
Yes sir! I then learned the difference between a static and dynamic balance. Yep, it was a hunter road force machine that handled the dynamic balance on mine and thus resolved the shaking.
Sponsored