Sponsored

Side blinkers and lights

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
Had a near road rage incident with someone who either didn't see that I was changing lanes or else didn't care. I was in front and they thought they could blast by around me before I was allowed to come over. (Yes, a Corvette is faster, but it isn't magic!)

Anyhow, I installed on each side a little 3/4" amber signal light, tied to the blinker wires. They are drilled into the plastic cowl just in front of and below the side mirrors. Some care must be taken with placement to ensure that the lights don't hit anything behind the cover when the cover is reinstalled. From the rear cowl bolt they are slightly forward and slightly up. I can get measurements if someone is interested. Good visibility from the driver's position in the other lane.

I also installed some 9 Watt white "rock lights" on the cowls and also at the corners of the back bumper. For our recent trip out West we never were caught after dark on the trails, but they were useful for locating the camp site sign and entrance, and for backing in the trailer.

In effect I recreated the D&C cowl lights, for quite a bit cheaper. But theirs may be brighter.

The lights at the back had to have wire run all the way to the front, and I followed the existing harnesses along the frame rails. All wires are in plastic wire loom.
Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Love to see your setup. I'm a fan of light setup's

OP
OP
bd100

bd100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, WK2, ole' Ram
Folks, it's just a little amber circle. In the side of the cowl. And the rock light is stuck on with some velcro at the lower edge because I may move or upgrade it. No big deal.

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
Yup, it’s a big deal. We need photos or …it didn’t happen. Threads like this can either deflate right here or, with photos, can run 100 pages in discussion.
Sponsored