Sponsored

Side steps/rails etc. what are you all runnin ?

Bacstar

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Data Analyst
I'm getting some fabricated and installed next week at a local metal shop. I wanted to get the Rusty's, but shipping charges to Alaska just killed it for me. I will post pics when done.
Sponsored

JTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
On a nearby, current thread there is a forum member selling his ACE Engineering Rock Sliders. He is near the Wisconsin-Illinois border looking for a local delivery.

He has a very good price for someone who's willing to meet him in the vicinity.

Just a headsup ...

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I did the N-Fab RKR rails with the removable steps. I think it looks kinda goofy since I still have stock rims and tires but I love the fit and finish and the look without the steps. I know they're not real sliders but they'll give me the protection I need.

The fact I can leave the steps on for daily life with the kids and remove them when I go wheeling is great

Jeep Gladiator Side steps/rails etc.   what are you all runnin ? IMG_4049.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Side steps/rails etc.   what are you all runnin ? IMG_4048.JPG

Jeep Gladiator Side steps/rails etc.   what are you all runnin ? IMG_4047.JPG

wilsoncraft

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
I like the look of these steps, just not sure how solid these are. The Mopar performance rails look like this but people have bent/scraped the sh@t out of them, they just aren't as strong as a legit 3rd party rock slider with thicker mounting points and thicker steel. 3/16'' should be good though..
Could you take pictures of how they mount? I'm guessing these attach to the three body tub mounts?
I went to their website, but I don't see anything currently for the JT.

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I went to their website, but I don't see anything currently for the JT.
The original poster said he had to email them...
I agree their website and pictures leave something to be desired.
If my business was selling stuff for new Jeeps I’d be advertising and showing plenty of nice pictures :idea:

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Undecided

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S w/ Max Tow!
Occupation
Cybersecurity
No problem, here's some pics I took. They mount through the three body tub the as well as through the pinch seams. The thickness is 3/16 (see last pic). I haven't had a chance to test them on the trails yet (hopefully this weekend), but the local JKU guy who recommended them to me has run them without issue. Hope the pics help!

Jeep Gladiator Side steps/rails etc.   what are you all runnin ? 20201030_150455
:

Jeep Gladiator Side steps/rails etc.   what are you all runnin ? 20201030_150455

hi- had a chance to test these off road? I am looking for something clean looking and protection but can also act as a step.
Are these wide enough for that after using them a few months?
Not a big rock crawler but want something there so not too worried if it’s not top strength.

Sponsored

Mrtempura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘03 Mini Cooper / ‘73 Datsun 240z
hi- had a chance to test these off road? I am looking for something clean looking and protection but can also act as a step.
Are these wide enough for that after using them a few months?
Not a big rock crawler but want something there so not too worried if it’s not top strength.
I’m not a big rock crawler either but have taken them down some easy trails out here’s without issue. I have zero regrets about the purchase 😊

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
N-FAB
Ordered them from Quadratec.com
Took about a week to arrive.
The n-Fab 1980T nerf bar steps are also available from Amazon.
A word of caution: I ordered them in October, and by the end of the year the welds at the body mounts were starting to rust. I got a replacement set, and prepped them with cold galvanizing spray and rust-resistant paint at the welds, so we'll see how they hold up.
I'm really happy with 'em otherwise, and so is my 5'3" wife...

Kevin

mtudb24

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
The n-Fab 1980T nerf bar steps are also available from Amazon.
A word of caution: I ordered them in October, and by the end of the year the welds at the body mounts were starting to rust. I got a replacement set, and prepped them with cold galvanizing spray and rust-resistant paint at the welds, so we'll see how they hold up.
I'm really happy with 'em otherwise, and so is my 5'3" wife...

Kevin
I put mine on in Oct as well. So far so good (live in MIchigan), but we'll see how they last. My only complaint is that the ends are not sealed. My fear is they will rust from the inside out with all the salt, snow, and mud that gets packed in them.
Was thinking about welding some end caps on, but too late now.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
As for now im sticking with the stock running boards. Reason: they work, and im investing in other upgrades first.

They also act as perfect protection from door dings.
I had similiar thoughts, my latest truck had 0 door dings for this reason! though I got some amp research step for $800 brand new and I sold my stock boards for $200, so it was a no brainer on my part

Kevin_D

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S, 1971 J4000, a bunch of other stuff
I put mine on in Oct as well. So far so good (live in MIchigan), but we'll see how they last. My only complaint is that the ends are not sealed. My fear is they will rust from the inside out with all the salt, snow, and mud that gets packed in them.
Was thinking about welding some end caps on, but too late now.
And if you read the warranty, rust from the inside isn’t covered.

Kevin
Sponsored