Sponsored

Side steps/rails etc. what are you all runnin ?

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Looks good but I'm scratching my head on how these can cost $2087, unpainted.
We’ll that right there is probably a direct result of COVID and the disruption of the supply chain. I paid $1099 on 7/19/20 for these. I doubt I’d pony up $2100 for these today…

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
We’ll that right there is probably a direct result of COVID and the disruption of the supply chain. I paid $1099 on 7/19/20 for these. I doubt I’d pony up $2100 for these today…
That's a hell of a price hike! I mean I've seen price increases but this takes the cake.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
That's a hell of a price hike! I mean I've seen price increases but this takes the cake.
If they are a smaller shop then they are getting hit harder than the big companies by material cost increases. I already talked to a fab shop about their tire carrier rear bumper and they are looking at a $600+ price drop on the bumper by Q2 next year due to steel prices dropping.

Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
I went with the Rock Hard Patriot Series Tube Slider Rocker Guards - Angled Up
We only have a 2.5" lift and 37's, but the wife was struggling to get in the Jeep at 5'3".
Added a grab handle on the roll bar and the combo works great. I went this route after looking at this for quite some time and must have looked at more than a dozen designs.
Requirements for me are:
1. Mounting, mounting mounting! I ruled out frame mount and decided body mounts AND pinch seem was the way to go since the body has many great mounting points. Frame mounts are going to be too long maybe, and the leverage is going to make for interesting problems.
2. BEEF! Be an actual rock rail and strong enough to pivot against rocks
3. NO protruding steps ie rock anchors. FWIW those are steps, NOT sliders
4. Stick out far enough to protect the body and provide a step a few inches lower than the door sill
5. Easy enough install.

Obviously a very personal thing depending on your needs. For me the Rock Hard rails are perfect on the Glady. Beefy, great mounting, nice step (up or down option) well thought out and executed design. Came on a pallet undamaged. Shipped LTL and not in some cardboard box via common carrier.
5 Stars.

Last edited:

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
A little late of a response but I have them and love them. I have the flip steps. They are in the flat position. I leave them there as they seem to be able to take a ton of abuse and don't need to be flipped up.

I have posted this somewhere in another thread but this vid shows how hard of hits they can take. They are not frame mounted and for anything I do they don't need to be.

Are these tub or body bolt mounted?

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Why do a lot of people refer to them as rubi rails when other trims come with the rails standard as well?
No other trim (except the mojave now) comes with them standard. The packages like willy's and freedom borrow parts from the rubi, but they're both sports with packages, not trims like Sport, Overland, Rubicon, Mojave, High Altitude.

mcccop_04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Jeep Gladiator Side steps/rails etc.   what are you all runnin ? FD93049A-7464-4C4A-BD3B-041BBFC75B9E

Giving a thumbs down to NFab for anyone in the rust belt. One bout in the snow season and they’re pretty quickly crusty. I expected rust, eventually, this showed up earlier than anticipated. Passenger side for some reason took it worse than the driver side.

ArmyMP

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Gladiator Rubicon "Betsy"
Occupation
Veteran
Just ordered Gen 3 RSE steps
Sponsored