First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Occupation
CPA
I've had Sirius in our JK for six years.
Every year I get a renewal notice for full price which is around $240.00 for the year.
I call them and tell them I'm going to cancel and I always get their promotional rate which is around $99.00 per year it takes about five minutes.
I've never paid full price.
I wish cable was this easy to get a better deal, that would save me way more.
Sponsored

Last edited:

sfurash

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Occupation
CPA
Sirius is the one subscription service that is worth me keeping at any price. I hope I see an offer like that, i'm a long time customer with the service in both cars so I don't get those deals as much
Just call them and threaten to cancel, you'll get a deal.
I bet if you called right now and threatened to cancel both they will give you a deal on both. You can do this anytime. It's quite easy actually.

sfurash

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
Occupation
CPA
If you re-subscribe after your trial, you must call in to unsubscribe before your term is up, or they will automatically re-subscribe you and charge your method of payment at the highest rate. Always unsubscribe and wait a while, then call in later to talk to someone with an accent and low voice tone that is very difficult to understand and negotiate your best deal. Be prepared to be put on hold a few times while the person you were talking to switches you to someone else with even more difficult understand communication skills. You can easily start a subscription online, but you have to call in and talk to someone (with the accent) to unsubscribe, this is SiriusXM and many other companies business model to make it as difficult as possible for you to unsubscribe.
Even if you miss the resubscibe notice you can call and they will give you a better deal. That's how i learned the first year.

wazzajohno

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I wouldn't pay extra for Sat radio music. They have it compressed into such a low bit rate that music sounds tinny and terrible. I can see why people pay for talk content if it's exclusive.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I wouldn't pay extra for Sat radio music. They have it compressed into such a low bit rate that music sounds tinny and terrible. I can see why people pay for talk content if it's exclusive.
I had SXM in the JK because I did not have anything like Android Auto or Carplay.

Since getting the JTR...I found I rarely used anything on the included SXM because I found the quality I could get via Android Auto much better....Spotify as well as Plexamp to access my music on my Plex Server. I subscribe to Spotify and have it set to the best quality. Plexamp is set to highest as well. So far no issues....every now and then Plexamp will downground to 192 or so if my cell signal is weak but not often....and even that is better than anything form SXM. Not too mention it seems with SXM its essentially the same 5 or 6 artist over and over across the 4 or so channels that would have music I am interested in...as well as the breaks for advertising every other song it seems for the channel...that frankly make so sense....to hear the ad I have to be subscribed so why the ad? Not even sure why they have "DJs."

I will not be renewing SXM when it expires in Jan.

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Is SiriusXM™ Guardian service a separate service from the satellite channels offered? Or is SiriusXM™ Guardian service included in the subscription?
Separate. I got a call last week. Current deal on Guardian is 50% off. I told them no since I didn’t use it much.

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
I got the "Christmas Special" for $5 a month.
A one year sub that I will renew if I get the same offer next year.

Dcoins

First Name
Donald Coins
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Well, I got that letter today asking to re-up with Sirius for $5 at the end of the year. Anybody get any better deals? I fought with Sirius a while on the old JKU, so not sure I want to even hassle with it. Anybody have suggestions or a good deal to share?
I switched to Slacker or Live x Live and haven’t looked back. It’s just under $5 a month. I had XM sense they started, however, they have moved away from their original format of no DJ towards having DJs or at least some verbiage in between songs.

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I got that letter today asking to re-up with Sirius for $5 at the end of the year. Anybody get any better deals? I fought with Sirius a while on the old JKU, so not sure I want to even hassle with it. Anybody have suggestions or a good deal to share?
Signed up for $5/mo ($60/yr) and they won't charge me until Mar. when my free trial runs out. I thought it was a great deal. Though I feel they are struggling a bit (like everyone)

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I've had Sirius or XM (for a while I had both because my wife's car has an XM radio while Jeep is Sirius only) in multiple vehicles since 2008. I've never paid full price. I've paid between $20 and $50 for 5 to 6 month periods ever since ($50 is for two cars). It's usually a 5-10 minute phone call when I call to cancel and they fold and give me whatever introductory offer that's going on at that moment. I pay with a credit card and decline to leave the number on file so they can't charge it at the regular rate when the subscription expires. I then put a reminder in my phone and call that day to cancel and the game starts all over again.

Sponsored

snide

First Name
Big Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator
Sirius/XM started spamming me again a month ago. I usually let it lapse and then I don't renew. However, one time I did renew, after it had expired and got a pretty good rate. If you do renew with them, always ask for a paper invoice, then pay that by check. If they have your credit card, they will almost always auto-renew you at the most expensive rate.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
The cost of their service could go down a ton if they stopped mailing people so much crap. Once or twice a week for the last two months I get crap about guardian. 2-4 times a week I get something about the two radios I own without service right now.
Sponsored