Small lift advice/suggestions needed

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
So, I am thinking about adding a small lift to my JTR and was hoping for insights/knowledge from the community here.

My truck currently has a 1” Teraflex front spacer, 1 inch bump stop extensions and stock rear - 35” tires. Arcus front bumper/Warn VR 10s and RSI EVOa are major weight-adders with a possible RTT in the future.

Why lift? I like the current stance, but would like to add a little more articulation, clearance and stiffen up the ride a bit (Stock Fox shocks are pretty soft). No current plans to move to 37s, but definitely want to leave the option open. I mostly take her on moderate trails in the PNW with trips to Moab, etc. planned for the near future.

I want a minimal lift with a fairly level stance so the thought would be:

2 inch front springs (Synergy or Mopar)
3/4 inch Daystar rear spacer
Fox 2.0 (2-3” option for front and 0-1.5” option for rear)
Adjustable track bar

I already have the Mopar lift control arms installed.

My questions are...

Is this a good option for moderate wheeling?

Is the added articulation worth going with springs instead of just installing the 1/2” Teraflex spacer in the front (1.5” total) and swapping the shocks? I believe I could still fit 37s at some point if I wanted.

Since I would be, theoretically, using 2-3” shocks in the front with 2 inch springs, can I use the current 1” bump stop extensions that came with the Teraflex kit without damaging anything? I am sure I will have enough room under the fender. Or, would I need to go with the 2” extension from the Mopar kit?

Looking forward to hearing opinions and learning a thing or two.

Edit: Not interested in the full Mopar 2” as I will need to add a 1 inch spacer to make the truck level, effectively making it a 3 inch front lift.
Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Going all spring, like the mopar lift springs will really smooth out bumps and whoops off-road.

using mopar springs front and rear along with your current 1” front spacer will make you sit pretty much level. If you are adding weight to the rear, keep your rear spacer in or add it back to the mix once you add permanent weight.

thjngs I had to slow down to 20mph or I’d bottom out I can now take 30+

OP
OP

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Going all spring, like the mopar lift springs will really smooth out bumps and whoops off-road.

using mopar springs front and rear along with your current 1” front spacer will make you sit pretty much level. If you are adding weight to the rear, keep your rear spacer in or add it back to the mix once you add permanent weight.

thjngs I had to slow down to 20mph or I’d bottom out I can now take 30+
Thanks for the reply. I don’t think I want that much lift. 35s look perfect as-is, but will definitely make the truck look like a roller skate with 3 inch front/2 inch rear.

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Thanks for the reply. I don’t think I want that much lift. 35s look perfect as-is, but will definitely make the truck look like a roller skate with 3 inch front/2 inch rear.
With a winch and that weight up front you’ll sag 1/2” to 3/4”.

You mentioned a potential for 37’s. If that is a possibility, why not spend once, cry once, as they say?

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
With the weight you're talking about and the stance you want, you probably want to look at the 2.5" kits. Not talking about partials but full blown lift with shocks to handle the weight you want to carry when loaded.

You shouldn't build it to your empty weight, you should build it to your loaded weight so it will perform the way you want when off road.

Contact @Clayton Off Road, give them ALL the equipment you're going to have loaded, weights if possible. Tell them what your desired final lift height is when fully loaded. They'll point you in the right direction. Make sure you're sitting down when you see the final cost.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
With a winch and that weight up front you’ll sag 1/2” to 3/4”.

You mentioned a potential for 37’s. If that is a possibility, why not spend once, cry once, as they say?
I already have the winch, etc. So, I already know where it will sit. I also already have 35s, so it’s not a buy once-cry once deal. I just want to leave the *possibility* of moving to 37s down the road open. I also agree with that, just want to keep the lift to a minimum. Cost, etc. isn’t a huge deal.

OP
OP

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
With the weight you're talking about and the stance you want, you probably want to look at the 2.5" kits. Not talking about partials but full blown lift with shocks to handle the weight you want to carry when loaded.

You shouldn't build it to your empty weight, you should build it to your loaded weight so it will perform the way you want when off road.

Contact @Clayton Off Road, give them ALL the equipment you're going to have loaded, weights if possible. Tell them what your desired final lift height is when fully loaded. They'll point you in the right direction. Make sure you're sitting down when you see the final cost.
2.5” total doesn’t work well with 35s (looks wise) IMO - especially Clayton as theirs is setup to give more than advertised lift. I’m not 100% sold on 37s and may never be. I already have most of the weight I will have in the vehicle (well, plus a possible RTT).

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
This is basically what yours would look like on 35's with a 2.5" Spacer lift, meaning 2.5" spacer in the front and 2" spacer in the rear. I have Rubicon take offs installed on mine with a 2.5" Readylift SST lift kit. I was running 35's but now I am running 37's. Mines a Max Tow but you get the idea. I also have rubi rails installed. It sits pretty level like this. It's right at a but not quite a 1/4 inch higher in the rear but I left that rack for towing purposes.

On 35's
Jeep Gladiator Small lift advice/suggestions needed PXL_20201219_123525410

On 37's
Jeep Gladiator Small lift advice/suggestions needed PXL_20210328_233737820.PORTRAIT~2

StingyJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
This is basically what yours would look like on 35's with a 2.5" Spacer lift, meaning 2.5" spacer in the front and 2" spacer in the rear. I have Rubicon take offs installed on mine with a 2.5" Readylift SST lift kit. I was running 35's but now I am running 37's. Mines a Max Tow but you get the idea. I also have rubi rails installed. It sits pretty level like this. It's right at a but not quite a 1/4 inch higher in the rear but I left that rack for towing purposes.

On 35's
Jeep Gladiator Small lift advice/suggestions needed PXL_20210328_233737820.PORTRAIT~2

On 37's
I think Kaeo has the higher Rubicon fenders. IMO, 3” lift on front of Rubicon with 35s will be too much fender gap. I have 37s on Mopar 2” plus 3/4 spacer (and winch), and it looks pretty proportional.

I think your set up looks good and proportional with standard height fenders on 35s.

AB7419A2-F610-4842-9673-A0D7C30A5FE5.jpeg

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
FWIW, I have the EVO 4 1/2” springs on KO2 37’s (which is smaller than a 37” MT) and it looks fine. I swap 40’s on if I go to Moab but otherwise, this is my DD/camping setup.

3” with 35’s and winch weight — you might be fine.

I prefer a plush riding spring with adjustable shocks that swing to the stiffer side. I’m running Fox’s race series 3.0” IBP shocks with their air bumps and they’re incredible. Also run a Currie anti rock in the rear.

Very helpful if your payload changes often (I run a RTT / Thule rack from time to time ). Also for smashing stuff at a high rate of speed and it staying smooth as butter :)

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I think Kaeo has the higher Rubicon fenders. IMO, 3” lift on front of Rubicon with 35s will be too much fender gap. I have 37s on Mopar 2” plus 3/4 spacer (and winch), and it looks pretty proportional.

I think your set up looks good and proportional with standard height fenders on 35s.

Jeep Gladiator Small lift advice/suggestions needed AB7419A2-F610-4842-9673-A0D7C30A5FE5
True, I did not take into account the highline fenders on the Rubicon's. I'm still debating on if I want to put a set on mine or not now that I got the 37's installed.

TheHime

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator

On 35's
Jeep Gladiator Small lift advice/suggestions needed AB7419A2-F610-4842-9673-A0D7C30A5FE5

On 37's
I am looking at the readylift sst also. Did the winch drop the front at all? 1/4” difference does not sound too bad.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking at the readylift sst also. Did the winch drop the front at all? 1/4” difference does not sound too bad.
Not that I could tell. I had the winch on before I added the front Rubicon springs. Once I added the front springs it got everything pretty level. Below is where it set before I added the rubicon springs also a side by side
Jeep Gladiator Small lift advice/suggestions needed IMG_2020-08-02_06-14-59.JPG
Jeep Gladiator Small lift advice/suggestions needed 00000IMG_00000_BURST20200704070254346_COVER

mdyucca

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
I installed the Mopar 2 inch lift and was not happy with the look. On my 80th Anniversary the rear appeared/measured to be more than 2 inches higher than the front. I ended up pulling the Mopar lift springs and reinstalling the original springs along with the Icon 1.375 rear spring spacer. Now the Glad sits the way I like it. The rear is 3/4 inch taller than the front as measured at the fender lip. I am a very moderate off roader and do not tow a trailer so this set up works for me.

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
2.5” total doesn’t work well with 35s (looks wise) IMO - especially Clayton as theirs is setup to give more than advertised lift. I’m not 100% sold on 37s and may never be. I already have most of the weight I will have in the vehicle (well, plus a possible RTT).
We have a 1.5" leveling kit coming out pretty soon, and with that new spring we can basically set up a 1.5" complete kit for trucks that will be carrying a lot of weight!
Sponsored