Sponsored

Smittybilt X20 12K Synthetic Deal

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone have a recommended mounting plate for the steel JTR bumper? I've seen both Warn and Mopar, but still unsure which one is correct.
I used the Rockhard… Comes with everything you need and about half the price of the Jeep/Mopar plate.
Sponsored

Jpcomanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1987 Wrangler
I used the Rockhard… Comes with everything you need and about half the price of the Jeep/Mopar plate.
I installed my X20 12K yesterday with a Rockhard 4x4 plate. The plate fit the bumper really well, but I was a little disappointed in the fit of the winch in the plate. The plate pulls the winch so far back to the grill that there was no way I could mount the control box over the spool.
Jeep Gladiator Smittybilt X20 12K Synthetic Deal IMG_0368

Instead I built a bracket to mount the control box on the passenger side.
Jeep Gladiator Smittybilt X20 12K Synthetic Deal IMG_0371

Now that I've searched, I found a couple comments about the tight fit with the Rockhard plate but I wish I knew how tight it was before I went with this combo.

ColoradoGlad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I installed my X20 12K yesterday with a Rockhard 4x4 plate. The plate fit the bumper really well, but I was a little disappointed in the fit of the winch in the plate. The plate pulls the winch so far back to the grill that there was no way I could mount the control box over the spool.
IMG_0368.jpg

Instead I built a bracket to mount the control box on the passenger side.
IMG_0371.jpg

Now that I've searched, I found a couple comments about the tight fit with the Rockhard plate but I wish I knew how tight it was before I went with this combo.
100% agree it's a tight fit, but I was able to mount the same winch with the controller in the middle.

I mentioned that in my install post wishing RH had moved the bolt holes just a little further forward to allow more room. Initially I was going to re-drill the holes towards the front, but it worked out in the end.

The winch does come with the bracket to move the controller to the side.

I read some others with the same setup have spaced the bumper out with washers to allow a little more room. That's probably a better option.

Looks great!
Sponsored