Sponsored

Smittybilt X20 12K Synthetic Deal

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
For those with the Rugged Ridge bumpers worried about the ctrl box rubbing on the grille in the center mount position, I worked up a small bracket to hide the box under the top cover plate on the driver's side. Next step is to fab up a cover plate to hide it completely.

Rudi Bumper High.jpg
Got any pictures of the bracket and location?
Sponsored

TaylorWoodham

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Tesla Model Y; 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Got any pictures of the bracket and location?
Unfortunately, I just got out to the rig for the next 2 weeks so won't be able to get any pics of the setup for a while.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
For those with the Rugged Ridge bumpers worried about the ctrl box rubbing on the grille in the center mount position, I worked up a small bracket to hide the box under the top cover plate on the driver's side. Next step is to fab up a cover plate to hide it completely.

Rudi Bumper High.jpg
That looks amazing. Do you have specs on the bracket you made and some pics of the inside of the bumper?

Sponsored

TaylorWoodham

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That looks amazing. Do you have specs on the bracket you made and some pics of the inside of the bumper?
I always forget to take pictures whenever I'm fabbing something up so this is the best I can do until I get back on dry land. Color legend as follows:

- blue: bracket
- red: ctrl box (plug and wireless rocker switch facing up)
- orange: screws/bolts
- green: wires to ctrl box

You lose the ability to plug the controller in unless you pull the top cover, cut a hole in the top cover, or relocate the plug receptacle. Also, I had to make some new leads for the ctrl box out of 4 awg marine wire as the original leads are just a little too short.

Rudi Bumper Off.jpg

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Installed.
20200127_153302.jpg

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Good looking. How do you like the overrider on that bumper? Is it strong enough to attach lights to?
You can attach lights and I probably will, but it is not "integral". Its solid, no shimmy in it, but I wouldnt count on it the same way I did my RanchHand on my 1/2 ton.

Last edited:

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I always forget to take pictures whenever I'm fabbing something up so this is the best I can do until I get back on dry land. Color legend as follows:

- blue: bracket
- red: ctrl box (plug and wireless rocker switch facing up)
- orange: screws/bolts
- green: wires to ctrl box

You lose the ability to plug the controller in unless you pull the top cover, cut a hole in the top cover, or relocate the plug receptacle. Also, I had to make some new leads for the ctrl box out of 4 awg marine wire as the original leads are just a little too short.

Rudi Bumper Off.jpg
Thanks for sharing this, it is extremely helpful. Also so glad I procrastinated now. Your setup just looks so clean I am going to have to go this route for sure.

I might look into relocating the plug receptacle some how. I just need a warm weekend to work on this.

Sponsored

TaylorWoodham

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for sharing this, it is extremely helpful. Also so glad I procrastinated now. Your setup just looks so clean I am going to have to go this route for sure.

I might look into relocating the plug receptacle some how. I just need a warm weekend to work on this.
Thanks! I'll try to remember to take some pics when I fab up a cover - still trying to decide between light gauge steel or fiberglass.

Rainman519

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Anyone have a recommended mounting plate for the steel JTR bumper? I've seen both Warn and Mopar, but still unsure which one is correct.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Anyone have a recommended mounting plate for the steel JTR bumper? I've seen both Warn and Mopar, but still unsure which one is correct.
i used the warn plate... even has a built in license plate holder.
Sponsored