Snow Plow for JT

Pasquinesk1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Just FYI for those looking at plows, Boss does have push plates and wiring harness specific to the JT/JL. Had one mounted up today and everything seems to fit fine.

Note I do have a 3 in. lift and 34's so the push beam sits a tad high even in the lowest setting. TBD how it goes when snow flies.

PXL_20201022_175009480~2.jpg
Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Cool, what size plow and how much does the front drop when you pick up the blade?
A local guy has a few 2 door JKs for plowing driveways says the short wheelbase works great for maneuvering.

OP
OP
Pasquinesk1

Pasquinesk1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
7ft Steel blade, doesn't drop the front much at all (weighs under 400lbs)

drace99

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Chevrolet Corvette
where did you purchase from? Did you install yourself?

Shackleton

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, Camry
Did you shop Fisher at all? I had a MM 2 on my old Tundra. Bought new and Issue free for 5 years for my 3 driveways. Would love to get a new set up on my JT but haven’t gotten myself over the $$ hump yet

Sponsored

Steel24

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Gladiator, TJ Rubicon, Jeep SRT
Occupation
Firefighter
I get my Snowdogg truck side mount installed next week. I’ve been plowing with Jeeps for over ten years. Looking forward to the Gladiator

Steel24

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
Truck plows perfect. MD75 Snowdogg.

Steel24

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Firefighter
The mount hangs low enough to were I will be taking it off after the winter. It looks pretty easy to take off. I had a company install all the electrical and mount. No mods to have it fit the truck. I have an aftermarket bumper with a winch. The lower skid plate has to be removed.
I think boss has a truck side mount for the gladiator. Let me know if you want pics and I’ll try to figure out how to post them.

Sponsored

midcont

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
The mount hangs low enough to were I will be taking it off after the winter. It looks pretty easy to take off. I had a company install all the electrical and mount. No mods to have it fit the truck. I have an aftermarket bumper with a winch. The lower skid plate has to be removed.
I think boss has a truck side mount for the gladiator. Let me know if you want pics and I’ll try to figure out how to post them.
Would love pics. Will PM you my email if you can't post them.
Thanks

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
As a dude who plows hard with a JKUR, I just checked and the Douglas Dynamics offers a setup for the JT which means your choice of Western, Fisher or SnowEx.

Sport
6'8 Western Suburbanite (21" tall, 250lb)
6'8 Western Defender/ Fisher HS / SnowEx 6800LT (23 1/2" tall, hydro lift, 290lb)
7'2 Western Defender/ Fisher HS / SnowEx 7200LT (23 1/2" tall, hydro lift 297lb)
7'4" Western Suburbanite (21" tall, 270lb)

Overland
6'8 Western Defender/ Fisher HS / SnowEx 6800LT (23 1/2" tall, hydro lift, 290lb)
7'2 Western Defender/ Fisher HS / SnowEx 7200LT (23 1/2" tall, hydro lift 297lb)
7'4" Western Suburbanite (21" tall, 270lb)

Rubicon
No Fisher or SnowEx listing

Of note, all of these carry the warning that they are not for use on a Mojave due to the front shock reservoirs.

Now just to muddy the water a bit, on my JKUR with very modest rancho 5000 and rancho springs I wear a Western HTS 7'6" at 27" tall and the blade with the heavy edge and back drag comes in around 475 plus my winch and mount and the ultramount and I do fine. So... with some judicious planning and a few choice upgrades you should be able to plow like a mo'fo. The major limiting factor seems to be cooling as with all other things JT, any of these blades is gonna monkey with air flow and I can tell you from experience, it sucks.

And just to get others down with the sickness... if you really wanted to have fun, the Impact V shares the same mount... if you can fine another hundred pounds of support in the springs. The Impact is the HTS V plow and bigger than the UTV model which is a hair too narrow. Just saying...

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Jeep Gladiator Snow Plow for JT 20201219_191220
And as proof that I walk in the amber light of the new dawn...

jmg84

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Finance
Any luck with pictures? I currently have a snowdogg on my 17 wrangler and trying to see if it can be swapped to a 21 gladiator

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Tangentially related

Jeep Gladiator Snow Plow for JT 20210210_112642

Jeep Gladiator Snow Plow for JT 20210210_124401

Jeep Gladiator Snow Plow for JT 20210210_124711

From what I remember the western/fisher mounts should be the same between my JK and the JL so I assume the JT should be similar.

Corgis don't quit!
Jeep Gladiator Snow Plow for JT hottropics-pinto_x566

Corgi Snow Service is a completely jeep based solution to snow problems.
Sponsored